COO Jaypee Education System
Chief Operating Officer Jaypee Education System
Chancellor - JIIT
Email : email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics, University of Wisconsin at Madison, USA, 1985.
2. M.S. in Engineering Mechanics, University of Wisconsin at Madison, USA, 1982.
3. B.Tech [Hons], Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 1979.
1. Organization Jaiprakash Industries Limited Designation Chief Operating Officer (Education Initiative) From December 2001 To present
1. Working under the Executive Chairman. Responsible for coordination of all education related activity of the Trust (backed by JIL). Specifically includes all activities related to the establishment of three higher education institutes – at Noida, Waknaghat (H.P.), and Guna (M.P.).
2. Organization Vellore Institute of Technology Designation Vice Chancellor From August 2001 To December 2001
Responsibilities As the first Vice Chancellor, responsible for complete operations of the Vellore Institute of Technology (a Deemed University) – including setting up of separate schools of Engineering & Technology, Information Technology, Sciences, and Management. During my tenure various other activities included establishment of external linkages with institutes overseas, and starting of an Evening College program for enabling diploma holders to acquire a B.Tech degree.
3. Organization Educational Consultants India Ltd. [Ed.CIL] Designation Chairman & Managing Director From August 1997 To August 2001
Responsibilities : As Chief Executive of the Corporation, responsible for the growth and profitability. Coordinate all activities related to business development, project implementation and execution, finance and administrative matters. During the four year period, the Corporation has seen its turnover increase from Rs 17 crores to Rs 60 crores, along with a similar increase in profits. The Corporation has also put inplace a quality system on ISO 9002 standards [obtained through KPMG Registrar in January 1999]. Besides this, implementation is being undertaken of a human resource intervention plan and an IT Action Plan for taking the Corporation into the IT era.
4. Organization Educational Consultants India Ltd. [Ed.CIL] Designation Director [Technical] From April 1995 To August 1997
As the senior most Board level appointment, responsible for assisting the Chairman & Managing Director in achievement of objectives of the Corporation, and contributing to its growth and profitability. Specific Responsibilities are:
Business development activities of the Corporation, including project marketing: identification, preparation and submission of proposals, follow-up with clients until proposal acceptance stage. Implementation, management and evaluation of specific proposals. Identifying and interacting with consultants. Interacting with international agencies, foreign governments, Indian missions abroad, State governments, and Ministries of the Government of India. Management and administration, including involvement in policy formulation of corporate activities. Development of new areas of operation. Research and information systems operations.
5. Organization Sona Educational & Training Systems Pvt. Ltd. Designation Director [Technical] From November 1993 To April 1995 Responsibilities: Responsible for all activities related to technical and marketing areas of educational and industrial training products being introduced in India, in joint collaboration with Degem Systems Limited, Israel. Degem is a pioneer in the field of design and manufacture of educational and training systems based on the computer-based interactive learning methodology.
6. Organization Educational Consultants India Ltd. [Ed.CIL] Designation General Manager [Business Development] From October 1992 To November 1993 Responsibilities Responsible for all business development activities of the Corporation, directly reporting to the CMD. The job involved provision of leadership in the area of educational consultancy for project identification, project preparation, and maintenance of information and awareness about educational development in India and abroad.
7. Organization British Council Division, New Delhi Designation Technology Development Officer From January 1987 To October 1992 Responsibilities The job involved provision of technical advice, professional management and support to Science & Technology activities in India. Was responsible for coordination of activity, advisory work, and maintaining close contact with relevant institutions, both Indian and British.
8. Organization Eicher R & D Centre, Ballabgarh Designation Deputy Manager From July 1985 To January 1987
Design, analysis, and vibration reduction in all Eicher tractor models. Also guided a group of Graduate Engineer Trainees on the development of software for design/analysis of the tractor structure.