R & D and Sponsored ProjectsResearch and Development
Government Sponsored Projects
- MODROBS Project
The department had received a grant of Rs. 10 Lakh for Lab upgradation form the AICTE, Government of India. Out of this grant, laboratory equipments such as Agilent digital storage oscilloscopes (200 MHz and 40 MHz), RF spectrum analyzer (9 KHz-3 GHz), some regulated DC power supplies and Digital multimeters were purchased. These equipments are being used in our laboratories and also by the students for different project type courses. This project was completed the year, 2012.
- RPS Project
The Department had an AICTE sponsored Research Promotion Scheme (RPS) project entitled, “Development of IP Core for Real Time Audio Video Surveillance System” for Rs. 5 Lakh. The completion report for the project was submitted during the academic year, 2012. In this project an algorithm has been developed for detection of an undesirable foreign object by its video and audio output. MATLAB software with required toolboxes was purchased out of the grant. This software is extensively used by students in various laboratories and for project work.
- ISRO Research Project
The Department had a research project from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) entitled, “Development of Algorithms for Narrow Band Interference reduction in Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System (IRNSS) received signal”. The project was of one year duration with a grant of Rs. 5.77 Lakh. The completion report for this project was submitted during the year 2012.
Non- Sponsored Projects
- Analysis of Electromagnetics wave propagation in travelling wave tubes (TWT).
- Small signal field analysis of Gyro-TWT devices.
- Use of Electronic Bandgap (EBG) substrates for broadbanding of microstrip Antennas.
- Study of conformal microstrip antennas for applications in aircrafts.
- Analysis and design of metamaterial structures for certain applications.
- Analysis and Applications of Reversible variable length codes in communication systems.
- Wavelet based OFDM system design.
- Resource allocation in cognitive radio.
- Novel algorithms for computation of DCT in multimedia systems.
- Study of free space optical communication systems.
- ICI and MAI reduction in SCFDMA systems.
- Signal denoising using wavelet transforms.
- Signal processing techniques for detection of diabetic retinopathy.
- Digital Image Tampering Detection Using Statistical tools.
- Analog/Digital (mixed signal) temperature sensor.