Department Of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology is a lively and invigorating academic centre for higher education, research, and innovation in key areas of computing. The vision of the department is to be a centre of excellence that provides high quality education to develop future leaders in all aspects of computing including education and entrepreneurship, contributes practically relevant and cutting edge research, and catalyzes IT entrepreneurship.
The driving mission for the department is to:
- conduct high quality education and research in scientific, technological, engineering, mathematical, entrepreneurial, human, educational, and interdisciplinary aspects of computing
- graduate world-class computing professionals at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels with imagination and competence to identify and solve significant problems in industry and society through leadership and innovation
- engage in academic leadership activities such as development of academic and computational resources and organization of faculty development programs, conferences, workshops, etc
- collaborate with industry, government, and community to stimulate entrepreneurship and sustainable development through innovative IT solutions.
The department attracts talented students and faculty from all over India. The main endeavour of the department is develop students’ technical competence as well as creative and critical thinking ability. The department provides the students with a platform to develop insight to face real life challenges and to come out with innovative technical solutions. The students are trained in theoretical, systemic, as well as applied aspects of contemporary computing. They are frequently evaluated with multiple assignments, hands on exercises, mini projects, surprise tests, group activities and presentations as they progress through the different programs in the department. The department uses a diversified set of pedagogical approaches that includes interactive lectures, case studies, group discussions, etc.
The team consisting more than eighty dedicated and well qualified faculty members to facilitate high standard of teaching, learning and evaluation process. These faculty members are also involved in research work attaining research publications in repute international conferences and journals.
Course Curriculum is continuously improvised by taking the inputs from industry experts and also keeping in mind the upcoming trends. Weekly practical assignments are given to students. Through various active learning experiences in laboratories, students gain more insights into the field of study, develop ability to apply their knowledge to a greater extent, exhibit a greater level of understanding of course material and sharpen their problem solving skills. A lot of emphasis is given to the projects in the curriculum. Students work on various well diversified fields of computer science & engineering and information technology – image processing, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, information security, digital forensics, mobile computing, distributed system, computer network, software engineering, web applications, data mining, etc. Many students also publish papers based on their projects in collaboration with the faculty. Senior students are encouraged to mentor their juniors in lab and project work. All graduates find excellent placements in industry. Many students choose to continue their higher studies at world’s top universities. Few students also take up the challenge to set up their own IT start-ups. Many members of our alumni also provide their support by delivering guest lectures, feedback on curriculum, and also mentoring and personal guidance to students.
The department has active collaboration with
- University of Florida
Department organises various Conferences, Workshops, FDP, Seminars, Expert talks and Student Enrichment Programme
International Conference on Contemporary Computing
The International Conference on Contemporary Computing is jointly organized every year since 2008 by the Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, India and the University of Florida, Gainesville, USA. It focuses on topics that are of contemporary interest to computer and computational scientists and engineers. IC3 brings together researchers and practitioners from academia, industry and government to deliberate upon the algorithmic, systemic, applied, and educational aspects of contemporary computing. The conference features world-class keynote speakers, exhibits, special sessions, tutorials, and paper presentations.
Previous IC3 proceedings are indexed by DBLP, SCOPUS, and Google Scholar. According to Google Scholar, IC3′s h5 index = 10 and h5 median = 15. The publishers of the previous proceedings are – IEEE Xplore, USA (2013-2014), Springer, Germany (2009-2012), and McMillan, India (2008).
|S.No||Year||Total Submissions||Accepted (including poster papers)|
2014 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology
ISSPIT 2014-2014 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, is the fourteenth in a series of international symposia aiming at the coverage of key aspects in the fields of signal processing and information technology. It brings together researchers and practitioners from academia, industry and government in the areas of signal processing and information technology. ISSPIT was organised from December 15-17, 2014 at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, India. The proceedings ISSPIT 2014 were published by IEEE Xplore.A total of 215 papers were submitted and only 85 were accepted to be published in the Proceedings of IEEE ISSPIT 2014 be based on paper quality, relevance, and originality.70 papers were actually presented orally (including 2 invited papers).In addition to presentations on new research results, sessions also included tutorials by eminent speakers like Andreas Pitsillides, University of Cyprus, Sanjay Ranka, Univ. of Florida and Reda Ammar, University of Connecticut.
R & D:
Research Groups: The major areas of research where faculty has publications are as follows:
- Multimedia Technology and Applications
- Knowledge Based Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning
- Distributed Systems, Computer Networks, Wireless Networks
- Web, Mobile Technologies and Information Systems
- Cyber Security
- Computing Education and Learning Technologies
- Computer Architecture & Embedded Systems
- Software Engineering
- Centre for Performance Modelling of Computing Systems
- Prayag- A Centre of Knowledge Informatics for Sustainable Development
Department faculty members published their research work in reputed International Journals/Conferences, which are indexed in Scopus/DBLP/Web of Science/ Ei Compendex.
|1.||Total Publications (2014-2018)||543|
|2||International Journals||219 (132 SCOPUS; 48 SCI)|
However, total number of papers from 2002 onwards is more than 1000.
|S.No||Name, Year of Graduation from JIIT, Achievements and current affiliations|
|1.||Dr. Amit Kr. Pandey, 2005Ph. D from French National Centre for Scientific ResearchHis PhD thesis was recognised as one of the top 3 in the EU in this area.Working at Aldebaran Robotics, France|
|2.||Dr. Rishabh Jain, 2005Ph. D in Computational Neuroscience, University of Southern California, working at Laboratory for Neural Computation, USC, Los Angeles, USA|
|3.||Prakash Gupta, 2005MS (USC),Google, USA|
|4.||Abhishek Gupta, 2005MS(Cornell University),Google, USA|
|5.||Siddharth Batra, 2007MS(Stanford University),Twitter, USA|
|6.||Nikhil Wason, 2007MS(Columbia University),Co-founder Cardback, New Delhi|
|7.||Priyank Singh, 2007MS(Columbia University),Microsoft, USA|
|8.||Vipul Khare, 2013Founder Radical Logix, Noida|
|9.||Atri Sharma, 2014Assistant Vice President (Data Integration) , Barclays, Bangaluru|
- In the last few years, more than 15 students have qualified for prestigious Google Summer of Code(GSoC) program. In this program students are selected for a summer project under Google nominated mentors. Till 2013, Google gave a scholarship of US$ 5,000/- to each selected student which has now been increased to US$ 5,500/-. Year wise list of these students is as follows: Ankur Saxena – 2009; Vaidik Kapoor – 2011; Ankur Anand, Ashish Dubey, Atri Sharma, Akash Sanghi, Udit Jaggi – 2012; Hardik Juneja, Pragun Bhutani, Praveen Singh, Akshit Agarwal, Gaurav Sehravat – 2013; Hardik Juneja, Divyam Rastogi, Rohit Dua – 2014; Alok Pandey – 2015.
- For the last many years, many of our students have been doing reasonably well at ACM ICPC (Inter College Programming Contest) as well as several other such contests.
- Many of our students have been consistently performing well at various national levels Robotics competitions.
- Some of recent accomplishments of our students are as follows:
- Shubham Dhingra, Shubham Rastogi, Rishabh Jain achieved the 2nd rank at MindSweeper event (First Round – Online Programming Contest) held as a part of Cognizance Zonals, IIT Roorkee, 2015
- Dhananjay Tomar and Abhishek Prasad achieved the 1st position at the Programming Quiz organized at Grape City, Noida in 2014
- Anshit Agarwal and Hitesh Sethi achieved the 2nd position at the Programming Quiz organized at Grape City, Noida in 2014
- Shivam Khandelwal and Tanmay Dutta achieved the 3rd position at the Programming Quiz organized at Grape City, Noida in 2014
- Dhananjay Tomar, Abhishek Prasad, and Hitesh Sethi achieved the 155th position at ACM ICPC Asia Amritapuri Site Regionals in 2014
- Anshit Agarwal and Ayush Garg achieved 1st position in Autonomous Robotics event at IIT Bombay Zonals in 2013
- Deepesh Gupta, Vasu Raj Agarwal, Utkarsh Mathur, and Shailjakant Pandey achieved 1st position in Manual “RoboSoccer” event at MNIT in 2013
- Akshit Agarwal, Ankit Agarwal, and Vibhor Garg achieved the 156th position at ACM ICPC Asia Amritapuri Site Regionals in 2013
- Abhishek Prasad, Dhananjay Tomar, and Suneet achieved the 50th position at ACM ICPC Asia Kanpur Site Regionals in 2013
- Poojit Sharma, Anant Agarwal, and Hari Krishna Gupta achieved the 26th position at ACM ICPC Asia Amritapuri Site Regionals in 2012
- Abhishek Prasad, Abhishek Mittal, and Arpit achieved the 175th position at ACM ICPC Asia Amritapuri Site Regionals in 2012
Our student, Amisha Khera, received following awards:
- Google India Women in engineering, 2009: she was among the 8 female students chosen from all over India.
- Eiffel Scholarship Program, 2008: she was among the 5 students chosen from all over India by French Minsitry for Foreign Affairs for innovation in research area.