Department Of Electronics & Communication
The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department was formed in the year 2002 to run a 4 year B.Tech degree program. At present, the department runs the following programs:
- A 4 year program in Electronics and Communication Engineering leading to the degree of Bachelor of Technology.
- A 5 year Dual degree program in Electronics and Communication Engineering leading to the degree of Bachelor of Technology and Master of Business Administration.
- Two, 2 year full time postgraduate programmes leading to the degree of Master of Technology (M.Tech) :
- M. Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) ---- started by ECE Deptt. in 2007
- M. Tech. (Microelectronics and Embedded Technology) ---- started by ECE Deptt. in 2003
In tune with the academic policy of the University the curricula for the UG and PG programs have undergone a substantial revision which incorporates the recent trends in Information and Communication Engineering as well as Microelectronics and Embedded Technology.
At present there are five Professors, one Associate Professor, one Assistant Professor, eighteen Sr. Lecturers, and nine Lecturers. The department has following well equipped laboratories:
- Communication Systems laboratory
- Control and Instrumentation laboratory
- Microprocessor laboratory
- Signal processing laboratory
- VHDL/VLSI laboratory
- Electrical machines/Power electronics laboratory
- Electronic devices laboratory
- Advanced communication systems laboratory
- Project laboratory
All the laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art instruments and software tools to enable the students to perform design oriented experiments and test their designs. Some examples are :
- Software: IC Station, FPGA advantage, MEMS Pro design system, Matlab with various tool boxes and Labview.
- Hardware: Vector Network Analyzer, Vector Signal Generator, Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, Arbitrary Function Generators, etc.