- Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee 
- Masters of Arts (Economics) from Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh 
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics Hons.) from DAV College, Chandigarh 
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS), Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT), Noida (Dec, 2019– Current)
- Erstwhile Assistant Professor of Economics in K.D.S College, Khagaria under Munger University, Bihar through Bihar Public Service Commission (July, 2017–Dec, 2019)
- Erstwhile Senior Research Fellow, under the project titled, “Ganga River Basin Management Plan”, sponsored by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India, in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Roorkee (July, 2011–July, 2012)
- Welfare Economics
- Poverty Measurements
- Development Economics
- Micro Economics
- Arora A, Singh SP (2015). Poverty across Social and Religious Groups in Uttar Pradesh: An Interregional Analysis. Economic & Political Weekly 50 (52):100-109 ISSN: 2349-8846 (Scopus Indexed)
- Arora A, Singh SP (2017). So Why is Uttar Pradesh Still Poor? Poverty Incidence and Its Correlates: An Inter-Regional Analysis. International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald44(12), 2351-2377. ISSN: 0306-8293, DOI: 10.1108/IJSE-05-2016-0135, Indexed in Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) and Scopus
- Kaur A, Arora A, Singh SP (2019) Employment Diversification in Rural India: Nature, Pattern and Determinants. AGER: Journal of Depopulation and Rural Development Studies (27). doi:10.4422/ager.2019.02, ESCI Indexed.
- Kaur A, Arora A, Singh SP (2019) Is Rural non-farm Employment helping in Poverty Reduction as it is believed to be? An Empirical Analysis of Indian Regions,Journal of Economic and Social Development.40(2), ISSN: 0973-886X.
- Arora A,Singh SP, Decomposing Poverty by Sources and Sub-groups in Uttar Pradesh: An Empirical Investigation from NSSO Quinquennial Surveys, 2014. Paper presented in the 18th Indian Political Economy Association(IPEA),heldduring15- 16 Nov 2014 at Giri Institute of Development Studies, Lucknow
- Arora A,Singh SP, Domestic Tourismin Uttarakhand: Insight from NSSO’s 65th Round, 2008-09, 2014.Paperpresented in the National Conferenceon Revisiting Development Paradigms for Uttarakhand held during February 15-16, 2014 at the HSS, IITRoorkee.
- Arora A,Kaur A, Analyses of Pro-Poor Growthamong Empowered Action Group (EAG) statesin India: Evidence from61st and 66th NSS Rounds, 2013. Paper presented inthe First Pan-IIM World Management Conference on Emerging Issues in Management held at St. Marriott, Goa during May 30- June 1, 2013.
- Arora A,Singh SP, ‘Inequality in Poverty’ among Social and Religious Groups of Uttar Pradesh: An Inter-regional Analysis, 2013. Paper presented in the National Seminar on Economic Growth in India and the Challenges of Inclusivenessorganized by the Dept. of Economics, Aligarh Muslim University(AMU) and Indian Economic Association (IEA) during April 30 – May 01,2013.
- Arora A,Singh SP, Regional Analysis of Poverty Profile in Uttar Pradesh, 2013. Paper presented in the National Seminar on Indian Economy in the Post Reform Era organized by National Institute of Technology(NIT), Kurukshetra during April 19-20,2013.
- Arora A, Singh SP, Extent of Inequality in the Level of Living in UttarPradesh: Evidence from 61st and 66th NSS Rounds, 2012. Proceedingsof16thAnnualConference of IPEA held during October 26-27, 2012 at the HSS, IITR (pp.181-194).
- Multidimensional Poverty Measurementsorganized by Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative, University of Oxford at Dakar, Senegal (November 30 - December 6, 2015)
- Using Large-scale Survey Databy Society for Social and Economic Research held in New Delhi (Dec 16-23, 2016)
- 3rd India Human Development Survey User conference/workshopby National Council of Applied EconomicResearch (NCAER), New Delhi at Nemarana Fort Palace (March 16-18, 2016)
- ICSSR in Economics & Applied Studies for Ph.D. Students by HSS, IIT Roorkee (January 11-20, 2016)
- Qualitative Methods in Labour Researchby V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, NOIDA (June 16-27, 2014)
- Qualitative Research Methods in Social Sciences and Humanitiesby HSS, IIT Roorkee (October 12, 2013)
- Development in Indiaby Azim Premji University and New Economic Thinking, Bangalore (June 30-July 6, 2014)