Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT) was founded in 2001 with the vision of becoming a centre of excellence in the field of IT and related emerging areas of education, training and research comparable to the best in the world for producing professionals who shall be leaders in innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity and management. JIIT has been ranked 80th in the all India rank 2019 in engineering category by NIRF, Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department was formed in the year 2002.Besides running a 4-year B.Tech. degree and a 5-year Integrated B.Tech - M.Tech. degree program, the Department also runs two M.Tech. degree programs with specializations in Communication Systems (CS) and Microelectronics & Embedded Technology (MET).
The salient features of the degree programs are:
- Inculcate analytical approach,
- Adequate number of courses on humanities and personality development,
- Judicious mix of hardware and software based experiments,
- Emphasis on learning through design and simulation,
- Open ended laboratory problems,
- Higher emphasis on project and project based learning, and
- State-of-the-Art courses in Mobile Communications, Optical Communications, Telecommunication Networks, Signal Processing, Microelectronics, Digital System Design, Embedded Systems and MEMS.
Key feature of these programs is their balanced core and flexible elective structure. The curriculum is designed to provide a good foundation and the development of an all-round engineering outlook.
A key feature of these programs is their balanced core and flexible elective structure. The curriculum is designed to provide a good foundation and the development of an all-round engineering outlook.
The department has following well equipped laboratories:
- Communication Systems laboratory
- Control and Instrumentation laboratory
- Microprocessor laboratory
- Signal processing laboratory
- VHDL/VLSI laboratory
- Electrical machines/Power electronics laboratory
- Electronic devices laboratory
- Advanced communication systems laboratory
- Project laboratory
All the laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art instruments and software tools to enable the students to perform design oriented experiments and test their designs.