RULES & REGULATIONS
- Only registered members are allowed to use the LRC. Members should always carry their ID cards while using the LRC.
- Readers should observe strict silence inside the LRC.
- Uses of Mobile phones are not permitted inside the LRC Block.
- Borrowers must satisfy themselves with the physical condition of the book before borrowing.
- Members are responsible for books issued against their membership.
- Readers are allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material inside the LRC.
- The belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc. are to be kept at the Property Counter at Reader’s own risk.
- Readers are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
- Readers should not carry books from one floor to another and should leave the books on the reading table after use.
- Readers should not write in, mark, scratches and disfigure damage books or furniture of the LRC.
- Online Chatting is not allowed.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables and drinks in LRC.
- Readers are not to share their net access ID and Password with other students.
- Changing the settings and display of the Computers kept in the LRC are not allowed.
- Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire LRC premises.
- Students should take care of their Pen drives, Cell Phones, and Wallets etc.
- Browsing of Dating, Networking of friendship and porn website is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Books are normally issued for a fortnight except reference books which are issued to faculty for overnight only.
- Those textbooks which have single/double copies shall not be issued.
- Students can reserve the books at the circulation counter in case these are already issued.
- Reference books, theses, project reports and periodicals/bound journals are not issued at all.
- Project Reports/Theses are to be consulted within the LRC premises only.
- Dissertations/Theses can not be photocopied.
- LRC can recall any issued book even before the due date.
- Issued books returned after due date attract overdue charges. For general books, the overdue charges range from Rs. 10 per day on each book.
- For loss of LRC book the member has to pay the price of the book plus fine.
Note: In case of any difficulty, Readers must contact the respective Section Head.