B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D
Amit Kumar Goyal was born in Hanumangarh, Rajasthan, India. He received his B. Tech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Punjab. After completion of graduation he was selected for Quick Hire Fellowship from CSIR and joined CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CEERI), in the field of Advanced Semiconductor Electronics department as an M.Tech student in Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR, auniversity of CSIR and Institute of National Importance).In 2019, he completed his PhD from Optoelectronics and MOEMS group of CSIR-CEERI, Pilani in the area of Photonic Crystal based structures for sensing applications.In 2015, he was also awarded a CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship (CSIR-SRF). He has authored and co-authored around30 peer-reviewed scientific journals (with publishers like Elsevier, SPIE, Springer, IOP Science)and International/National conferences. He is also an active reviewer for many reputed journals including Transaction on Nanotechnology (IEEE), J. Nanophoton.(SPIE), Optical Engineering (SPIE), Photonic Sensor (Springer), Silicon (Springer), OQEL (Springer), Applied Nanoscience(Springer)and JOSA A(OSA). Presently, he is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT), Sector 62, Noida.
Photonic Crystals, Semi conductor Devices, Semiconductor Fabrication Technologies, III-V Semi conductor Based Devices, Designing of optical and photonic devices (LED,Sensor, Solarcelletc.).
3 Years +
- Amit Kumar Goyal, “Design Analysis of One-dimensional Photonic Crystal Based Structure for Hemoglobin Concentration Measurement” PIER-M, 97, 77-86 (2020).
- Amit Kumar Goyal, H. S. Dutta, and S. Pal; “Development of Uniform Porous One-dimensional Photonic Crystal Based Sensor," Optik, 223, 165597 (2020). DOI: 10.1016/j.ijleo.2020.165597 (Impact Factor: 2.187)
- Amit Kumar Goyal and J Saini; “Performance Analysis of Bloch Surface Wave Based Sensor using Transition Metal Dichalcogenides,” Applied Nanoscience, 10(11), 4307-4313 (2020). DOI: 10.1007/s13204-020-01538-0 (Impact Factor: 2.880).
- Ajay Kumar, Amit Kumar Goyal and Neha Gupta; “Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) Based Thin Film Transistors (TFTs) for Highly Sensitive Bio-sensing Applications," ECS J. Solid State Sci. Technol., 9(11), 115022 (2020). DOI: 10.1149/2162-8777/abb2b3 (Impact Factor: 2.142).
- Amit Kumar Goyal and A. Kumar; “Recent advances and progresses in photonic devicesfor passive radiative cooling application: a review,” J. Nanophoton, 14(3), 030901 (2020). DOI: 10.1117/1.JNP.14.030901(Impact Factor: 1.415).
- Amit Kumar Goyal and S Pal; “Design analysis of Bloch surface wave based sensor for haemoglobin concentration measurement,” Applied Nanoscience, 10(9), 3639-3647 (2020). DOI: 10.1007/s13204-020-01437-4 (Impact Factor: 2.880).
- Ajay Kumar, Amit Kumar Goyal, Uddeshya Gupta, Tanya, Neha Gupta, and Rishu Chaujar, “Increased efficiency of 23% for CIGS solar cell by using ITO as front contact,” Materials Today: Proceedings, 28(1), 361-365 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.02.688. (Scopus Index)
- Kanika Ratra, Mansi Singh, and Amit Kumar Goyal; “Design and Analysis of Omni-directional Solar Spectrum Reflector using One-dimensional Photonic Crystal”, J. Nanophoton., 14(2), 026005 (2020). DOI: 10.1117/1.JNP.14.026005 (Impact Factor: 1.415).
- Amit Kumar Goyal, H. S. Dutta, and S. Pal; "Porous photonic crystal structure for sensing applications," J. Nanophoton., 12(4), 040501 (2018). DOI: 10.1117/1.JNP.12.040501 (Impact Factor: 1.415)
- Amit Kumar Goyal, HS Dutta and S Pal; "Recent Advances and Progress in Photonic Crystal Based Gas Sensors", J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys.,50(20), 203001 (2017). DOI: 10.1088/1361-6463/aa68d3 (INVITED REVIEW PAPER) (Impact Factor: 3.169)
- HS Dutta, Amit Kumar Goyal, and S Pal; "Analysis of Dispersion Diagram for High Performance Refractive Index Sensor based on Photonic Crystal Waveguides", Photonics and Nanostructures - Fundamentals and Applications, 23, 21-27 (2017). DOI: 10.1016/j.photonics.2016.11.004 (INVITED PAPER) (Impact Factor: 2.453)
- Amit Kumar Goyal, Hemant Sankar Dutta, Sumitra Singh, Mandeep Kaur, SudhirHusale, and Suchandan Pal; "Realization of Large-Scale Photonic Crystal Cavity-Based Devices," J. Micro/Nanolith. MEMS MOEMS, 15(3), 031608 (2016). DOI: 10.1117/1.JMM.15.3.031608 (Impact Factor: 1.559)
- Amit Kumar Goyal, HS Dutta, and Suchandan Pal;“Performance Optimization Of Photonic Crystal Resonator Based Sensor” Optical and Quantum Electronics, 48, 431 (2016). DOI:10.1007/s11082-016-0701-0 (Impact Factor: 1.842)
- HS Dutta, Amit Kumar Goyal, Varun Srivastava and S Pal; "Coupling Light in Photonic Crystal Waveguides: A Review", Photonics and Nanostructures - Fundamentals and Applications, 20, Pages 41-58, (2016).DOI: 10.1016/j.photonics.2016.04.001 (Impact Factor: 2.453)
- Rubina Get, Sumitra Singha, Amit Kumar Goyal, Sandeep Kumar, Ashok Kumar Lunia, Suchandan Pal, and C. Dhanavantri; “Enhancement of Light Extraction Efficiency in InGaN/GaN Vertical Blue Light Emitting Diodes By Surface Patterning: Design and Simulation”, International Journal for Light and Electron Optics (Optik), 126(21), 3004-3006 (2015). DOI: 10.1016/j.ijleo.2015.07.086(Impact Factor: 2.187)
- Amit Kumar Goyal and S Pal; “Design and Simulation of High Sensitive Photonic Crystal Waveguide Sensor”, International Journal for Light and Electron Optics (Optik), 126(2), 240-243(2015). DOI: 10.1016/j.ijleo.2014.08.174 (Impact Factor: 2.187)
- Amit Kumar Goyal andS Pal; “Design and Simulation of High Sensitive Gas Sensor using Ring Shaped Photonic Crystal Waveguide,” PhysicaScripta, 90(2), 25503 (2015). DOI: 10.1088/0031-8949/90/2/025503 (Impact Factor:1.985)
- HS Dutta, Amit Kumar Goyal, and S Pal;"SensitivityEnhancementin PhotonicCrystalWaveguidePlatformfor RefractiveIndexSensing Applications", J. Nanophoton.,8(1),083088 (2014).DOI: 10.1117/1.JNP.8.083088 (Impact Factor: 1.415)
- Ajay Kumar, Amit Kumar Goyal, Manan Roy, Neha Gupta, MM Tripathi, and Rishu Chaujar, “Detection of Hazardous Analyte Using Transparent Gate Thin Film Transistor,” In: Micro-Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems Springer, Singapore, Vol. 106, pp. 197-204, Springer, Singapore (April 2020). Editors: D. Sharma, V. Balas, L. Son, R. Sharma, K. Cengiz. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-2329-8_20.
- P. Mahala, Amit Kumar Goyal, S. Singh, and S. Pal; “Reducing Efficiency Droop for Si-doped Barrier Model of Gan/InGan Multi Quantum Well Light Emitting Diode by Designing Electron Blocking Layer”, In: Advances in Signal Processing and Communication. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Vol. 526, pp. 565-571, Springer, Singapore (March 2018). Editors: B. Rawat, A. Trivedi, S. Manhas, V. Karwal. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-2553-3_55.
- H. Yadav, A. Kumar Goyal and A. Kumar, "Design Analysis and Comparative Study of GDI Based Full Adder Design," 2020 6th International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication (ICSC), Noida, India, 2020, pp. 319-321. Doi: 10.1109/ICSC48311.2020.9182726.
- K. Ratra, M. Singh, Amit Kumar Goyal and R. Kaushik, "Design and Analysis of Broadband Reflector for Passive Radiative Cooling," 2019 International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication (ICSC), Noida, pp. 300-303, March 2019. Doi: 10.1109/ICSC45622.2019.8938212
- Iti Sharma, Tanmay Srivastava, Rahul Kaushik and Amit Kumar Goyal; “Design Analysis of HgCdTe Infrared Photodector,” 2019 International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication (ICSC), Noida, pp. 99-102, March 2019. Doi: 10.1109/ICSC45622.2019.8938303
- HS Dutta, Amit Kumar Goyal and Suchandan Pal;“Design and Analysis of Guided Mode Resonance Sensor in Silicon Nitride based Photonic Crystal Slabs for Refractive Index Sensing Applications”, Accepted Paper in 14th International Conferenceon Fiber Optics and Photonic,IIT Delhi,12th-15th December,2018.
- Amit Kumar Goyal, HS Dutta, and Suchandan Pal;“Porous Multilayer Photonic Band Gap Structure For Optical Sensing”, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2016), paper Tu4A.12,ISBN/ISSN: 978-1-943580-22-4. (13th International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonic, IIT Kanpur,04th-08th December, 2016). DOI: 10.1364/PHOTONICS.2016.Tu4A.12
- HS Dutta, Amit Kumar Goyal, Sumitra Singh, Mandeep Kaur, SudhirHusaleand Suchandan Pal; “Fabrication of Photonic Crystal Line Defect Waveguides by Use of Optical Lithography and Focused Ion Beam”, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2016), paper W4E.4,ISBN/ISSN: 978-1-943580-22-4. (13thInternationalConferenceonFiber Optics and Photonic,IIT Kanpur,04th-08th December,2016). DOI: 10.1364/PHOTONICS.2016.W4E.4
- Amit Kumar Goyal, HS Dutta, and Suchandan Pal “Design and Analysis of Photonic Crystal Micro-cavity Based Optical Sensor Platform”,AIP Conference Proceedings, 1724, 020005 (2016), DOI: 10.1063/1.4945125. (2nd International Conferenceon Emerging Technologies: Micro to Nano, Manipal University Jaipur,24th-25th October,2015).
- Amit Kumar Goyal, HS Dutta, Pankaj B. Agarwal and Suchandan Pal;“Realization of Rod-Type Photonic Crystal Structure for Optical Sensing using Dip-penNano-Lithography”, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2014), paper M2B.4,ISBN/ISSN: 978-1-55752-882-7. (12thInternationalConferenceonFiber Optics and Photonic,IIT Kharagpur,13th-16th December,2014). DOI: 10.1364/PHOTONICS.2014.M2B.4
- HS Dutta, Amit Kumar Goyal, Varun Srivastava and Suchandan Pal;“Design and Analysis of Silicon Nitride Material Based Photonic Crystal Structure for Refractive Index Sensing in Visible Range”, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2014), paper M4B.4,ISBN/ISSN: 978-1-55752-882-7. (12thInternationalConferenceonFiber Optics and Photonic,IIT Kharagpur,13th-16th December,2014). DOI: 10.1364/PHOTONICS.2014.M4A.19
- Amit Kumar Goyal and Pankaj B. Agarwal; “Nano-patterning of 16-MHA over Palladium Substrate using Dip-penNano-Lithography(DPN)”,ISBN/ISSN: 978-81-89650-50-6, Proceedings of 1st National Conference on Microand Nano Fabrication (MNF-2013), CMTI, Bangalore, 21st-23rdJanuary,2013.