I am an Assistant Professor with the Department of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology, Jaypee Institute Of Information Technology, Noida, India, since January 2019. I have also worked as a Teaching Assistant at the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Guwahati, India. Throughout my teaching career, I have been involved in teaching various courses of computer science such as Operating Systems, Systems Programming, Software Development Fundamentals and Computer Networks. I have completed my Ph.D from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in 2019. I actively work in the broad area of Computer Networks and Distributed Systems. Some of the areas of my research interest include Edge Computing, P2P overlay networks, Multimedia streaming over Internet and Content delivery networks (CDN).
- PhD from Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India in 2019.
- Bachelors of Engineering (First class with HONORS) from Department of Information Technology, Rajiv Gandhi Technological University, M.P., India in 2010.
Work Experience: Teaching
- Presently working as An Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT), Sector 62, Noida, U.P. from 11-01-2019 to till date.
- Worked as a Teaching Assistant at Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Guwahati, India from July 2010 - June 2016.
Computer Networks, P2P overlay networks, Multimedia streaming over Internet, Content delivery networks (CDN) and Distributed systems.Mobile Computing
- Shilpa Budhkar and Venkatesh Tamarapalli, “An Overlay Management Strategy to Improve QoS in CDN-P2P Live Streaming Systems", Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, 2019. DOI:10.1007/s12083-019-00755-x
- Shilpa Budhkar and Venkatesh Tamarapalli, “Delay Management in Mesh-Based P2P Live Streaming Using a Three-Stage Peer Selection Strategy", Journal of Network and Systems Management, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 401-425, 2018. DOI:10.1007/s10922-017-9420-5
- Shilpa Budhkar and Venkatesh Tamarapalli, “An Overlay Management Strategy to Improve Peer Stability in P2P Live Streaming Systems", 10th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunications Systems (ANTS), pp.16, IISc Bangalore, India, November 2016. DOI:10.1109/ANTS.2016.7947813
- Shilpa Budhkar and Venkatesh Tamarapalli, “Two-Tier Peer Selection Strategy to Minimize Delay in P2P Live Streaming Systems", 22nd IEEE National Conference on Communications (NCC), pp. 16, IIT Guwahati, India, March 2016. DOI: 10.1109/NCC.2016.7561203
- Shilpa Budhkar, A. Mishra, F. A. Barbhuiya and S. Nandi, “Security in Mobile Agent Systems with Locator Mechanism", International Conference on Recent Advances in Information Technology (RAIT), pp. 124-130, IIT Dhanbad, India, March 2012. DOI:10.1109/RAIT.2012.6194492.