Assistant Professor (Grade-I)
- Ph.D. (BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus)
- M.Sc. (Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi)
Qualified Actuarial Sciences from Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) as well as Institute and Faculty
of Actuaries (IFoA), UK.
- CT-1 Financial Mathematics (2011)
- CT-3 Probability and Statistics (2012)
- CT-5 General Insurance, Life and Health Contingencies (2016)
- CT-6 Statistical Methods (2015)
- November 2021 to Present Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Sector-62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- January 2021 to June 2021 Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra.
- Applied Probability, Operations Research, Wireless Communication
- Shruti and Rakhee Kulshrestha (2021), Queueing Based Spectrum Management in Cognitive Radio Networks with Retrial and Heterogeneous Service Classes. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, Springer (SCI, IF: 7.1) https://doi.org/10.1007/s12652-021-03442-z
- Shruti and Rakhee Kulshrestha (2021), Analysis of Spectrum Sensing and Spectrum Access in Cognitive Radio Networks with Heterogeneous Traffic and p-Retry Buffering. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE (SCI, IF: 5.11) https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2020.3042836
- Rakhee Kulshrestha and Shruti (2021), Performance Evaluation of Call Admission Control Based on Signal Quality in Cellular Mobile Networks. International Journal of Mathematics in Operational Research, Vol. 20, No. 1, Inderscience (Scopus, Cite Score: 1.2): https://doi.org/10.1504/IJMOR.2020.10035321
- Srinivas R. Chakravarthy, Serife Ozkar and Shruti (2021), Analysis of M/M/c Retrial Queue with Thresholds, PH Distribution of Retrial Times and Unreliable Servers. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, KSCAM, Vol. 39, No. 1 - 2, pp. 173 - 196 (ESCI, Scopus, IF:0.77) https://doi.org/10.14317/jami.2021.173
- Shruti and Rakhee Kulshrestha (2020), Channel Allocation and Ultra-Reliable Communication in CRNs with Heterogeneous Traffic and Retrials: A Dependability Theory-Based Analysis. Computer Communications, Elsevier, vol. 158, pp. 51-63. (SCI, IF: 3.17) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2020.04.055
- Srinivas R. Chakravarthy, Shruti and Rakhee Kulshreshtha (2020), A queueing model with server breakdowns, repairs, vacations, and backup server. Operations Research Perspectives, 7, 100131, Elsevier. (Scopus, ESCI, Cite Score: 5.1) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orp.2019.100131
- Srinivas R. Chakravarthy, Shruti and Alexander Rumyantsev (2020), Analysis of a Queueing Model with Batch Markovian Arrival Process and General Distribution for Group Clearance. Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability, Springer. (SCI, IF: 1.15) https://doi.org/10.1007/s11009-020-09828-4
- Rakhee Kulshrestha, Madhu Jain and Shruti (2020), Performance Analysis of Fractional Guard Channel Scheme with Buffer for Cellular Mobile Networks. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences, Springer, vol. 90, pp. 739-747. (SCI, IF: 1.54) https://doi.org/10.1007/s40010-019-00635-2
- Rakhee Kulshrestha and Shruti (2020), Discrete-Time Analysis of Communication Networks with Second Optional Service and Negative User Arrivals. In: Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, Springer, vol. 120, pp. 243-257 during ICCIS 2019 at SKIT, Jaipur, India. (Scopus) https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-3325-9_19
- Rakhee Kulshrestha, Achal Agarwal and Shruti (2019), An Adaptive Fractional Guard Channel based CAC scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Cellular Networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE 6th International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (BVICAM, INDIACom), Delhi, India, pp. 1260–1264. (Scopus) https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8991374
International/National Conferences : Attended/Abstract Published
- Presented paper entitled “Dependability-based Availability and Reliability Analysis in CRNs with Heterogeneous Secondary Users and Retrials’’ in International Conference and 22nd Annual Convention of VPI on Advances in Operations Research, Statistics, and Mathematics (AOSM), during December 28-30, 2019, organized by Department of Mathematics, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan, India.
- Presented paper entitled “Queueing Based Analysis with p-Retry Policy in Heterogeneous Traffic Cognitive Radio Networks Under Imperfect Spectrum Sensing’’ in International Conference and 52nd Annual Convention of ORSI, during December 15-18, 2019, held at IIM, Ahmedabad, India.
- Presented paper entitled “Performance Analysis of Queueing Scheme with p-Retry Policy for Heterogeneous Traffic Cognitive Radio Networks’’ in 21st Annual Conference of Vijnana Parishad of India on MOCTSD-2019, during April 26-28, 2019, organized by Department of Mathematics, SRMIST, Delhi NCR Campus, Ghaziabad, India.
- Presented paper entitled “An Adaptive Fractional Guard Channel based CAC scheme for Heterogeneous Traffic in Wireless Cellular Networks’’ in International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development, during March 13-15, 2019, organized by BVICAM, New Delhi, India.
- Presented paper entitled “Performance Prediction of Fractional Guard Channel Scheme with Buffer for Cellular Mobile Networks’’ in International Conference on Advancing Frontiers in Operational Research: Towards a Sustainable World, during December 21-23, 2017, organized by Operational Research Society of India, at Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, India.
Participated In Short Term Course/Workshop/Seminar/Conference
- Participated in International webinar series on “Applications of Stochastic Models and Queueing Theory” held on six days during October 11-November 11, 2021 organized by the Department of Mathematics, Central University of Rajasthan.
- Participated in the Stochastic Modeling and Applied Research of Technology – SMARTY’21 Youth Camp during September 2-3, 2021 organized by the Institute of Applied Mathematical Research, Karelian Research Centre of the RAS, Russia.
- Participated in one day international webinar on “Coupling of Markov Chains” on August 23, 2021 organized by the “The Prof. A. Krishnamoorthy Endowment Trust”.
- Participated in online short-term course on “Optimization Theory, Methods and Applications’’ during August 18-20, 2020 organized by the Department of Mathematics, IIT Roorkee.
- Participated in International workshop on “Stochastic Simulation and Its Applications’’, during December 24-27, 2019, organized by Department of Mathematics, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan, India.
- Participated in workshop on “Academic Writing’’, during April 5-11, 2019, organized by Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan, India.
- Participated in short term International course on “Matrix-Analytic Methods in Queueing Models’’, during January 15-25, 2018, held at Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod, Kerala, India.
- Participated in International workshop on “Convex Analysis and Optimization’’ during November 14-19, 2017 at Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Participated in National workshop on “MATLAB and LaTeX’’ during August 24-30, 2016 at Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur, Rewari, Haryana, India.
Professional Projects / Professional Achievements
- Reviewer of IEEE Systems Journal, IEEE.
- Reviewer of Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, Elsevier.
- Lifetime membership of Operational Research Society of India (ORSI).
- Awarded Direct-Senior Research Fellowship, CSIR, Govt. of India, 2020.
- Received Young Scientist Award from Vijnāna Parishad of India (VPI) (2019) in Interdisciplinary field.
- Secured first rank in M.Sc. Mathematics at Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, 2015.
- Qualified JAM in Mathematics, 2013.