- Ph.D. (Computer Science & Engineering) from Jaypee University of Information Technology, Solan , Dec. 2010.
- M. Tech. (Computer Science), 2002 from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, 2002.
- Bachelor of Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi , 1997.
During my teaching career of more than 19 years, I have taught courses such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Data Structures, Computer Programming, Design and Analysis of Algorithms etc. I have participated in many International and National conference in India and abroad and am actively involved as reviewer for many International Journals and Conference Proceedings. I have supervised5 PhD and above 100 post graduate and graduate project thesis. I have also been involved with many Universities of India as question paper setter, head examiner, thesis evaluator and expert of selection committee.
- Pawan Kumar Upadyay, "Improved Approaches for Prognosis of Abnormalities in Skin Lesion Images", Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, Completed Sep. 2019.
- Poornima Mehta, "Enhancing Sentiment Analysis in Lexicon Based Systems", Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, Completed June 2019.
- Jitendra K. Seth, "Metaheurisic Based Threat Detection and Integrity Check in Cloud", Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, Completed May 2019
- Reema Aswani, "Bio- Inspired Computing for Outlier Detection: Select Studies in Web 3.0 Domain", Jaypee University of Information Technology, Solan, Completed February, 2019.
- Anita Sahoo, “Meta Heuristic Guided Identification of Malignant Cervical Lesions within CECT Images", Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, Completed March, 2015.
- No. of PhDs supervising: 03.
|1||Jaypee Institute of Information Technology||Associate Professor||Jan, 2016||Till Date|
|2||Jaypee Institute of Information Technology||Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)||July 2011||Dec 2015|
|3||Jaypee University of Information Technology||Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)||Dec. 2010||June 2011|
|4||Jaypee University of Information Technology||Senior Lecturer||April 2005||Nov.2010|
|5||Jaypee University of Information Technology||Lecturer||Oct. 2003||Mar. 2005|
|6||Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi||Lecturer||Oct. 1999||Sep. 2003|
Deep Learning, Metaheuristic Computing, Medical Image Processing, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Data Structures & Programming,
Google scholar Link : https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=wAjFrCAAAAAJ&hl=en
- Aswani, Reema; Ghrera, SP; Chandra, Satish; Kar, Arpan Kumar;"A hybrid evolutionary approach for identifying spam websites for search engine marketing Evolutionary Intelligence", Pp.1-13, 2020, Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Neerja Negi, Satish Chandra. (2020). “Efficient Web Service Selection Approaches: A Review “, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29(06), 4979 – 4989.
- Negi N, Chandra S., “A hybrid user centric approach for efficient web service selection”, International journal of Information retrieval research (IJIRR), Volume-10 Issue-2, March 2020.
- Negi N, Chaudhary P., Chandra S., “Web Service Classification based on Non-functional Parameters using Vote based Classifier”, Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences and Cryptography,volume-23 Issue 1,April 2020.
- Negi N, Chandra S. , “Efficient Selection of QoS Based Web Services using Modified TOPSIS Method” ,International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8 Issue-2, July 2019.[Scopus]
- PK Upadhyay and S Chandra, "Salient Bag of Feature for Skin Lesion Recognition," in International Journal of Performability Engineering, Volume 15, Issue 4, Page 1083, 2019/04.
- P.K.Upadhyay, S.Chandra., "An Improved Bag of Dense Features for Skin Lesion Recognition" Journal of King Saud University Computer and Information Sciences, Elsevier (H- index:13) [SCOPUS], 2019
- Mehta, P., & Chandra, S. (2017, in press), “Enhancement of SentiWordNet using Contextual Valence Shifters”, International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Inderscience. (SCOPUS)
- Poornima Mehta, Satish Chandra, "NICFS-A Novel Feature Selection Method Applied to Lexicon based Sentiment Analysis", Intelligent Decision Technologies: An International Journal 13 (1), 41-48, April 2019. [SCOPUS]
- Upadhyay, P.K., Chandra, S., “Construction of adaptive pulse coupled neural network for abnormality detection in medical images”, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Taylor and Francis, Vol. 32, Issue 09, pp 477, 2018 [IF= 0.6)]
- Jitendra Kumar Seth . Satish Chandra, “An Effective DOS Attack Detection Model in Cloud Using Artificial Bee Colony Optimization”, 3D Research, Springer Nature, Vol/Issue: 9:44, September,2018.(SCOPUS)
- J. K. Seth, S. Kumar,S. Chandra, “NOPHISH: A PHISH DETECTOR IN CLOUD SERVICES”, Telecommunications and Radio Engineering, Vol 77 Issue 12 (2018). (SCOPUS)
- Upadhyay, P.K., Sharma, A., Chandra, S., “A novel approach of intuitive K-means clustering for renal calculi detection in ultrasound images” , International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics , Volume 10, Number 1, March 2018 (SCOPUS)
- Jitendra Kumar Seth, Satish Chandra, “An Efficient Hybrid Intrusion Detection System in Cloud”, Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems (JARDCS), vol. 10, 02-Special Issue,April 2018, pp- 653-666. (SCOPUS)
- Reema Aswani, Satish Chandra, “Identifying buzz in social media: a hybrid approach using artificial bee colony and k-nearest neighbors for outlier detection”, Social Network Analysis and Mining (Springer), August, 2017, Volume 7, Pages 1-10 [IF=0.77]
- Anita Sahoo, Satish Chandra, “Multi-objective Grey Wolf Optimizer for improved cervix lesion classification”, Applied Soft Computing (Elsevier Science), March, 2017, Volume 52, Pages 64-80 [IF=3.288]
- Anita Sahoo, Satish Chandra, “Improved cervix lesion classification using multi-objective binary firefly algorithm-based feature selection”, International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation (Inderscience), August, 2016, Volume 8, No. 6 [IF=1.538]
- Anita Sahoo, Satish Chandra, “Meta-heuristic Approaches for Active Contour Model based Medical Image Segmentation”, International Journal of Advances in Soft Computing Applications (Soft Computing Research Group,UTM Malaysia) July, 2014, Volume 6, No. 2, Pages 1-22.
- Jitendra Kumar Seth, Satish Chandra, "Ensuring Data Security on Cloud”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies (IJCSIT) , Vol. 6 (3) , 2015, 2787-2790.
- Minakshi Gujral, Satish Chandra, "Beyond Recommenders and Expert Finders, processing the Expert Knowledge", International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 11, Issue 1, No 2, January 2014; ISSN (Print) 1694-0814; ISSN (Online): 1694-0784.
- Jitendra Kumar Seth, Satish Chandra “An Optimistic Approach for Intrusion Security in Cloud”, International journal of computer application (IJCA), Volume 97– No.13, July 2014.
- Minakshi Gujral, Satish Chandra, "Beyond one shot recommendations: The seamless interplay of environmental parameters and Quality of recommendations for the best fit list", Advances in Computer Science : an International Journal, Volume-3,Issue-1,No.7, January 2014. ISSN : 2322-5157.
- Anita Sahoo and Satish Chandra, “Medical image segmentation schemes for the analysis of gynaecological malignancies”, International Journal of Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Engineering Systems, IOS Press, Volume 17, Number 4 / 2013. [SCOPUS]
- Jitendra Kumar Seth, Satish Chandra, “A Novel Design to Increase Trust in Cloud”, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 10, Issue 4, No 1, July 2013; ISSN (Print): 1694-0814; ISSN (Online): 1694-0784. [DBLP etc.]
- Satish Chandra , Rajesh Bhat , Harinder Singh , D.S.Chauhan, "Detection of Brain Tumors from MRI using Gaussian RBF kernel based Support Vector Machine ", IJACT: International Journal of Advanced Computing Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 46-51, 2009. [DBLP etc.]
- Haritosh, A. Gupta, E. S. Chahal, A. Misra and S. Chandra, "A novel method to estimate Height, Weight and Body Mass Index from face images," 2019 Twelfth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), Noida, India, 2019, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/IC3.2019.8844872.
- P. Agarwal, M. Sharma and S. Chandra, "Comparison of Machine Learning Approaches in the Prediction of Terrorist Attacks," 2019 Twelfth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), Noida, India, 2019, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/IC3.2019.8844904.
- D. Mittall, K. Kumar, S. N. Hashmi, P. Kumar, A. Nanda and S. Chandra, "Performance Comparison of Deep and Shallow Network for Quadcopter Automation," In proc. IEEE 13th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS) pp. 143-147., IIT, Ropar, India, 2018,
- Seth J.K., ChandraS.,"MIDS: Metaheuristic Based Intrusion Detection System for Cloud Using k-NN and MGWO", International Conference on Advances in Computing and Data Sciences(ICACDS 2018), Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 905. Springer, Singapore, 201
- Upadhyay P.K., Chandra S. "An Acceleration of Improved Segmentation Methods for Dermoscopy Images Using GPU". Recent Trends in Communication, Computing, and Electronics. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 524. Springer, Singapore , 2019
- Aswani, R., Ghrera, S.P., Chandra, S., Kar, A.K. Outlier detection among influencer blogs based on off-site web analytics data , LNCS-10595, pp.251-260,Digital Nations, New Delhi, April 2017
- PK Upadhyay, S Chandra, A Sharma, A novel approach of adaptive thresholding for image segmentation on GPU, Fourth International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC), 2016 pp. 652-655
- R. Aswani, S. Chandra, S. P. Ghrera and A. K. Kar, "Identifying Popular Online News: An Approach Using Chaotic Cuckoo Search Algorithm," 2017 2nd International Conference on Computational Systems and Information Technology for Sustainable Solution (CSITSS), Bengaluru, India, pp. 1-6.
- JK Seth, S Chandra, “Intrusion detection based on key feature selection using binary GWO”, 3rd Int. Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom), 2016. Pp. 3735-3740.
- P Mehta, S Chandra, “Parameter tuning in updating the sentiment polarity of objective words in SentiWordNet” , IEEE Recent Advances in Intelligent Computational Systems (RAICS), 2015 pp.251-256
- M Sharma, S Chandra, “Application of Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm for numerical optimization technique”, IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC), 2015, pp.1267-1272
- Satish Chandra, Vivek Kothari, Mudita Sharma, “A model for controlling variance in the Artificial Bee Colony algorithm”, International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2015, Pp. 263-269
- V Agrawal, S Chandra, “Feature selection using Artificial Bee Colony algorithm for medical image classification”, Eighth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), 2015 ,pp. 171-17
- V Kothati, S Chandra, “The Application of Genetic Operators in the Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm”, International Conference on Recent Advances and Innovations in Engineering, 2014/5, pp. 1-5
- Neerja Negi, Satish Chandra, "Web service selection on the basis of QoS parameter", IC3, 2014, 2014 Seventh International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), 2014 pp. 495-500
- Verma, Harsh Vardhan; Aggarwal, Eshan; Chandra, Satish, "Gesture recognition using kinect for sign language translation," IEEE Second International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP), 2013 ,vol., no., pp.96,100
- Anita Sahu, Satish Chandra, "L´evy-Flight Firefly Algorithm based Active Contour Model for Medical Image Segmentation", In Proc. of International Conference of Contemporary Computing, JIIT, Noida, August 2013, pp: 159-164.
- Anita Sahu, Satish Chandra, “A Novel Gaussian Firefly Algorithm for ROI Extraction from Medical Images”, In Proc. of 2013 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI, Mysore, India), pp.919-924. [IEEE]
- Chandra Satish, Bhatia Neha, Kundra Rohan, Chaurasia Anurag , "Load Balancing Using Hybrid Ant Colony Optimization Random Walk Approach", Springer’s Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering Volume 87, 2012, pp 402-412.
- Chandra, Satish et al. "An ACO Approach to Job Scheduling in Grid Environment", Swarm, Evolutionary, and Memetic Computing,, Lecture Notes in Computer Science,2010,Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, ISBN: 978-3-642-17562-6, Pp.286-295, Vol.6466, (Proc. of SEMMCO 2010)
- Jain, S.; Sabharwal, A.; Chandra, S., "An Improvised Localization Scheme Using Active RFID for Accurate Tracking in Smart Homes," 12th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation (UKSim)pp.51,56, March 2010.
- Jain, S.; Singh, H.; Chauhan, A.; Pandey, D.; Chandra, S., "Heuristics-Aided Load Balancing in Distributed Systems and Node Prioritization: An Intelligent Approach," 12th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation (UKSim), pp.521,526, March 2010
- Chandra, S.; Bhat, R.; Singh, H., "A PSO based method for detection of brain tumors from MRI," World Congress on Nature & Biologically Inspired Computing, NaBIC 2009., pp.666,671, Dec.2009
- Chandra, S.; Bhat, R.; Chauhan, D. S., "A Score Based Method for Controlling the Convergence Behavior of Particle Swarm Optimization," 11th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation, UKSIM '09. pp.19,24, March 2009
- Chandra, S.; Shrivastava, U.; Vaish, Rajan; Dixit, S.; Rana, M., "Improved-AntNet: ACO Routing Algorithm in Practice," 11th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation, UKSIM '09, pp.25,29, March 2009.
National Journals & Conferences:
- Reema Aswani, Satish Chandra , “A Novel Approach to Outlier Detection using Modified Grey Wolf Optimization and k-Nearest Neighbours Algorithm”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, November, 2016, Volume 9, Issue 44 (SCOPUS) [IF=0.251]
- Vidushi and Satish Chandra, “Designing a Ranking – Based Expert Finder Using Recommender Algorithms”, The IUP Journal of Computer Sciences, Vol. VII, No. 4, October 2013
- Satish Chandra, Prateek Mehrotra and Ravi Anand, "Design of Ant Colony Based MEB Trees", In proceedings of 98th Indian Science Congress, January 3-7, 2011, Chennai.
Conferences/ Workshops Attended
- Attended International Conference of Contemporary Computing, August, 2011-2018, JIIT, Noida.
- Attended FDP on Re-Imagining Computing: Engineering, Research, and Education held at JIIT, Noida, 4th – 10th July, 2018.
- Attended FDP on Machine Learning for Signal Processing held at JIIT, Noida, 18-22 Dec, 2017.
- Attended FDP on Research, Innovation, and Engineering in Computer Science: Issues and approaches held at JIIT, Noida, 18-23 July, 2016.
- Attended FDP on on Emerging Trends in Computing Education held at JIIT, Noida, July, 2015.
- Attended Swarm, Evolutionary, and Memetic Computing, December 16-18,2015, SRM university, Chennai.
- Attended International Conference of Advanced Computing ,December 2010, Hyderabad.
- Attended World Congress..on Nature & Biologically Inspired Computing, NaBIC 2009, December 2010, at PSG College, Coimbotore.
- Attended 11th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation, 25 -27 March, 2009 at University of Cambridge, UK.
Professional Projects / Professional Achievements
- Publication Co-chair, International Conference of Contemporary Computing, August, 2018, JIIT, Noida.
- Coordinator, Faculty Development Program on Re-Imagining Computing: Engineering, Research, and Education, July 04-10, JIIT, Noida.
- Technical Program Committee member of several National and International conference.
- Organizing Committee Co-chair of 1st International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC-2010) October 28 to 30, 2010, JUIT, Waknaghat, Solan (HP), India.
Expert lectures delivered
- “Traditional Machine Learning to Deep Learning” at FDP on Re-Imagining Computing: Engineering, Research, and Education held at JIIT, Noida, 4th – 10th July, 2018.
- “Metaheuristics in Machine learning: Limits and Justification” Machine Learning for Signal Processing held at JIIT, Noida, 18-22 Dec, 2017.
- “Metaheuristic computing” at FDP on Research, Innovation, and Engineering in Computer Science: Issues and approaches held at JIIT, Noida, 18-23 July, 2016.
- “New Trends in Machine Learning ” at JSMS Lecture Series, Dept. of Mathematics, Ranchi University, 19 May, 2015.
- “New Trends in Teaching Artificial Intelligence” at FDP on Emerging Trends in Computing Education held at JIIT, Noida, July, 2015.
Membership of technical bodies:
- Member, IEEE
- Life Member, The Indian Science Congress Association
- Member, Computer Society of India