B.Sc. (University of Delhi), M.Sc. (University of Delhi), Ph.D. (Banaras Hindu University)
Dr. Ashish Bhatnagar completed his Post Graduate degree (M.Sc. in Physics) from University of Delhi, afterwards he joined Banaras Hindu University (Prof O.N. Srivastava) in 2011 for Doctoral Degree. He has been visiting scientist in the lab of Prof. J. Karl Johnson, University of Pittsburgh, USA from October 2014 to January 2015. After completing PhD in 2018, Dr Bhatnagar worked as Post-Doctoral Fellow at Banaras Hindu University under DST Nano Mission Thematic Project on Energy Storage. Dr. Ashish Bhatnagar joined the Department of Physics and Materials Science and Engineering at JIIT Noida in 2019 as Assistant Professor.
Dr. Ashish Bhatnagar is working on experimental and theoretical (DFT-VASP) aspects of materials for energy storage system (including Hydrogen Storage, Battery, Supercapacitor) and CO2 capture materials.
24 (International) with average impact factor of ~3.5 and highest impact factor 10.92
Vivek Shukla , Ashish Bhatnagar , Pankaj Srivastava , Satish K Verma , Anant P Pandey, Alok K Vishwakarma , T P Yadav, O N Srivastava, Simultaneous improvement of kinetics and thermodynamics based on SrF2 and SrF2@Gr additives on hydrogen sorption in MgH2, Materials Advances, 2021, DOI: 10.1039/D1MA00012H (SCI and Scopus Indexed)
Ashish Bhatnagar, Anant Prakash Pandey, M. Sterlin Leo Hudson, Vivek Shukla, Pawan Kumar Soni, V.Sekkar, O.N Srivastava, Economical synthesis of highly efficient and tunable carbon aerogels for enhanced storage of CO2 emitted from energy sources, International Journal of Energy Research, Int J Energy Res. 2020;1–8., (I.F. 3.72) (SCI and Scopus Indexed)
Sweta Singh, Ashish Bhatnagar, Vivek Shukla, Alok K Vishwakarma, Pawan K Soni, Satish K Verma, MA Shaz, ASK Sinha, ON Srivastava, "Ternary transition metal alloy FeCoNi nanoparticles on graphene as new catalyst for hydrogen sorption in MgH2”,45,774-786,2020 (I.F. 4.93) (Scopus Indexed).
- Satish K. Verma; Ashish Bhatnagar; Vivek Shukla; Pawan Kumar Soni; Anant Prakash Pandey; Thakur Prasad Yadav; Onkar Nath Srivastava “Multiple improvements of hydrogen sorption and their mechanism for MgH2 catalyzed through TiH2@Gr”,45, 19516-19530 ,2020 (I.F. 4.93) (Scopus Indexed).
- Prashant Tripathi; Ashish Bhatnagar; A. Ramesh; Alok K. Vishwakarma; Sweta Singh; Deepa B. Bailmare; Abhay D. Deshmukh; Bipin Kumar Gupta; O.N. Srivastava, “Radially aligned CNTs derived carbon hollow cylinder architecture for efficient energy storage”, 354, 136650, 2020 (I.F. 6.43) (Scopus Indexed).
- Manoj Tripathi,;Ashish Bhatnagar; N. M.; Mubarak, J. N. Sahu,; P. Ganesan M "optimization of microwave pyrolysis parameters to produce OPS char with high yield and large BET surface area 277, 118184,2020 (I.F. 6.23) (Scopus Indexed).
- Anant P. Pandey, Ashish Bhatnagar, Vivek Shukla, Pawan K.Soni, Sweta Singh, Satish K.Verma, M.Shaneeth, V.Sekkar, O.N.Srivastava, “Hydrogen storage properties of carbon aerogel synthesized by ambient pressure drying using new catalyst triethylamine”, 55, 30818-30827, 2020 (I.F. 4.93) (Scopus Indexed).
- Ashish Bhatnagar, M. A. Shaz and O.N. Srivastava, "Synthesis of MgH2 with reversible hydrogen storage capacity", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 44: p 6738-6747, 2019 .
- Ashish Bhatnagar; J. Karl Johnson, Mohammad Shaz. Onkar Nath Srivastava, "TiH2 as a Dynamic Additive for Improving the De/Re-Hydrogenation Properties of MgH2: A Combined Experimental and Theoretical Mechanistic Investigation", J. Phys. Chem. C 122, 21248−21261, 2018. (I.F. 4.48) (SCI and Scopus Indexed)
- Ashish Bhatnagar, Sunita K Pandey, A. K vishwakarama,Sweta Singh, M A Shaz and O N Srivastava, "Fe3O4@Graphene as a superior catalyst for hydrogen de/absorption from/in MgH2/Mg", Journal of Materials Chemistry A 4 (38), 14761-14772, 2016 (I.F. 9.92) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- Ashish Bhatnagar, SK Pandey, V Dixit, V Shukla, MA Shaz, O.N. Srivastava, "Catalytic effect of carbon nanostructures on the hydrogen storage properties of MgH 2–NaAlH 4 composite", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 39 (26), 14240-14246, 2014, (I.F. 4.229) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- Ashish Bhatnagar, Bipin Kumar Gupta, A. Veziroglu M. Sterlin Leo Hudson, M.A. Shaz, ON Srivastava, "Development and demonstration of air stable rGO-EC@AB5 type hydrogenated intermetallic hybrid for hydrogen fuelled Devices", Advanced Sustainable Systems, DOI: 10.1002/adsu.201700087, 2017, 1, 1700087 (I.F. - Pending) Emerging (Sources Citation Index (ESCI), Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)).
- Ashish Bhatnagar, SK Pandey, RR Shahi, M Hudson, M. A. Shaz, O.N. Srivastava, "Synthesis characterization and hydrogen sorption studies of mixed sodium-potassium alanate", Crystal Research and Technology, 48 (8), 2013, 520-531, 2013 (I.F. 1.20) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- Sunita Kumari Pandey, Ashish Bhatnagar, S. S. Mishra, T. P. Yadav, M. A. Shaz and O. N. Srivastava, "Curious Catalytic Characteristics of Al–Cu–Fe Quasicrystal for De/Rehydrogenation of MgH2", J. Phys. Chem. C, 2017, 121 (45), pp 24936–249, (I.F. 4.46) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- Vivek Shukla, Ashish Bhatnagar, Pawan K. Soni, Alok Vishwakarma, M.A. Shaz, O.N Srivastava, "Enhanced hydrogen sorption in Li-Mg-N-H system by synergistic role of Li4(NH2)3BH4 and ZrFe2" , Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2017, 19, 9444-9456, (I.F. 4.49) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- R.R. Shahi Ashish Bhatnagar SK Pandey, V Shukla and O. N. Srivastava, "MgH2–ZrFe2H x nanocomposites for improved hydrogen storage chracteristics of MgH2", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40 (35), 11506-11513, 2015 (I.F. 4.229) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- V Shukla, Ashish Bhatnagar, SK Pandey, RR Shahi, M A Shaz and O.N. Srivastava, "On the synthesis, characterization and hydrogen storage behavior of ZrFe2 catalyzed Li–Mg–N–H hydrogen storage material", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40 (36), 12294-12302, 2015(I.F. 4.229) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- S Singh, Ashish Bhatnagar, V Dixit, V Shukla, MA Shaz, ASK Sinha, O. N. Srivastava, Synthesis, "characterization and hydrogen storage characteristics of ambient pressure dried carbon aerogel" , International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 41 (5), 3561-3570, 2016 (I.F. 4.229) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- Milind K. Singh , Ashish Bhatnagar ,Sunita K. Pandey , P.C. Mishra and O N Srivastava, "Experimental and first principle studies on hydrogen desorption behavior of graphene nanofibre catalyzed MgH2", Internationl Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 1-9, 2016 (I.F. 4.229) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- O.N. Srivastava, T.P. Yadav, R.R. Shahi, S.K. Pandey, M.A. Shaz and Ashish Bhatnagar, "Hydrogen Energy in India: Storage to Application", Proc Indian Natn. Sci. Acad.81 (4), 915 (2015) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- RR Shahi, RK Mishra, V Shukla, A. Bhatnagar, "ON Srivastava, Enhanced hydrogenation characteristics of Li-Mg-NH system catalyzed with TiO2 nanoparticles; a mechanistic approach", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 42 (49), 29350-29359,2017 (I.F. 4.229) (SCI and Scopus Indexed).
- World Hydrogen Technology Convention, 2013, Shanghai, China, World Hydrogen Energy Conference,2016, Zaragoza, Spain, International Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Conference (IHFC)- 2018, Jodhpur, India
572, H-Index-14, Manuscript Communicated-1.
1 Indian Patent Filed (Received positive First Examination Report)
1 (INSA monograph on Energy)
Award and honors
- NASI Platinum Jubilee Young Scientist Award 2020
- Editorial Board Member International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (I.F. 4.93) (Scopus Indexed)
- Visiting Exchange Scientist, University of Pittsburgh (USA) 2014-15, PSG Nanotechnology National Challenge (Young Entrepreneur) Award, PSG Institute, Coimbatore and Sunny Polytechnic Institute Albama (USA) 2016, Invited Talk at National Institute of Solar Energy, Gurgaon, 2016, Best Oral Presentation Award at Conference Hydrogen Energy in Indian Perspective: Role of Nano-Materials, BHU 2018.
Prof. J. K. Johnson (Dept of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering),University of Pittsburgh, USA (Pitt Super Computer Access), Prof. Michael Felderhoff, Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung, Germany.
Reviewer of international journals
International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Materials Chemistry and Physics.