During his more than 20 years long teaching career, Prof. Vikas Saxena has taught and developed several courses of undergraduate and graduate levels. His academic and teaching interests are in the areas of Computer vision, software engineering & data structures. His objective as a teacher is to motivate students to develop their own learning interests and critical thinking & to establish a learner-centric environment in the classroom.
He has more than 76+ publications in refereed journals and conferences including the top most journals like IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Tech., IEEE Geoscience & Remote sensing, IEEE Access, Elsevier COMCOM, Weily SPE, IET Quantum Communication, Neural Computing & Applications, ESA etc and in conferences like IEEE ICC, IEEE INFOCOM etc. He has guided 7 Ph.D. Thesis, and 25 M.Tech. and 140+ Undergraduate Projects. Currently he is guiding 4 Ph.D. scholars. He have served as reviewer of several world class journals ( Like IEEE geoscience letter, IEEE Access, several Springer and Elsevier journals) & Conferences. He has also served for14 years as publication chair and now General Co-Chair along with Prof. Sartaj Sahni (UFL, USA) of a premier computing conference IC3. Prof. Vikas Saxnea is SMIEEE, MACM and LMCSI.
Apart from teaching and research related roles and responsibilities, he has also served at several administrative roles at departmental & at University level from last 15 years. In past he has led at various level of and played a pivot roles during NAAC,NBA,UGC, AICTE & NIRF related visits and tasks.
Ph.D. (CSE) from JIIT University, Noida in the field of “Digital Image Watermarking”, Degree awarded in March-2009.
Supervisor: Prof. J. P. Gupta, Ex-Prof IIT Roorkee, Ex-VC:JIIT University, Noida, India
Thesis Evaluator: Prof. K. K. Biswas, IIT Delhi, India
Prof. Rajat Moona, IIT Kanpur, India
Prof. Sunil kumar, San Diego Univ., USA.
M.E. (CS) Form VJTI, Mumbai. Completed with distinction in March 2002 with 71%.
B Tech. (CS & IT) from IET, MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly. Completed in July 2000 with GPA 8.09.
MHRD Fellowship GATE (2000)-AIR 415
Image Processing and Computer vision, Software Engineering, Data structures and Computer science education.
Teaching Experience: 20+ years
- Patents publsihed , title :“A METHOD TO SET A THRESHOLD VALUE FOR A FLEX SENSOR”, Application number: 202111027482, Date 19 June 2021, Inventors: Vikas Saxena, Himani Bansal, Anita Sahoo, Swapnil Kusumwal, SiddhantRanjan Singh&YashvardhanVerma
A) Awarded: 07
I)Manish Kumar Thakur ( June 2014), Title: TAMPEREDVIDEOS: DETECTION AND QUALITY ASSESSMENT, Thesis Evaluators: Prof Harpreet Singh, Wayne State Univ, USA and Prof. Phalguni Gupta, IIT Kanpur, India
ii)Suma Dawn (June 2015), Title: DIGITAL ELEVATION MODEL: REGISTRATION AND QUANTIFICATION,Thesis Evaluators: Niels da Vitoria Lobo, Univ. Of Florida, USA and Prof. K.K.Biswas, IIT Delhi
iii) Tribhuwan K Tewari ( July 2014) , Title: NOVEL TECHNIQUES FOR IMPROVING THE PERFORMANCE OF DIGITAL AUDIO WATERMARKING FOR COPYRIGHT PROTECTION, Thesis Evaluators: Prof R. Thaper, Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, USA and Prof. R.C Joshi, IIT Roorkee.
iv) GagandeepKaur D (September 2015), Title: Using self-similarity for detection of rate based network-anomalies, Thesis Evaluators: Prof Harpreet Singh, Wayne State Univ, USA and Prof. Karmeshu, JNU, India
v) Bhawana Saxena ( June 2020), Title:"Identification and Exploitation of Self-Similarity for Influence Maximization in Online Social Networks, Thesis Evaluators: Prof. Christos, Greece, & Prof. M. Mishra , IIT Roorkee, India
vi) Madhu Khurana: ( August 2020), Title: “Chance Detection in Remotely Sensed Images”.
vii) Vikas Hassija (Oct 2021) , Title: “Blockchain-Based Transparent and Secure Algorithms for Specific Domains of the Internet of Things”
- Versha Garg, Area:Medical Image Annotation , Co-Guide: Dr. Anita Sahoo, JIIT, Noida. ( Thesis submitted Dec, 2021)
- Col. Gaurav Updhyay: Domain Quantum Computing, Co-Supervisor, Prof AnirbanPathak
- Neha Sharma : Quantum Cryptography
- Prashant Kaushik: AI & Video annotation
C) External Ph. D.& PG Thesis Examined:
- Sandip Mal,““Development of Software Quality Metrics for Object-Oriented Design”, December 2015, Theis Submitted in BIT Mesra.Exam./SP/Ph.D./2015-16/458
- Charu Agarwal, “Design of digital Watermarking Schemes for Gary-Scale Images and Uncompressed Video Using Soft Computing Techniques”,Exam.IV/Ph.D./9587/2/343 dated 29 August, Thesis Submitted in Delhi University., Oct 2016
- SUPRIYA SINGH, “LANDCOVER AND CROP TYPE CLASSIFICATION USING GRANULAR COMPUTING”, Evl. I / OE / E - 38399 / M.Tech. / SCS / SCS / TT - 9336 / 804, Nov 2020, JNU, Delhi
Total Citations so far: 1611, H-Index: 15 (Accessed on March 2022)
Best papers so far:
Best International Journal: ( SCI/E:12 published)
- Garg V., Sahoo A., Saxena V., “Identification of Endometrial Tuberculosis in Infertility using Non-Subsampled Contourlet based Convolution Neural Network” , Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier. (SCIE IF 6.9) (accepted),
- Chamola V, Goyal A, Sharma P., Hassija V, Binh H.T.,Saxena V, " Artificial Intelligence Assisted Blockchain-based Framework for Smart and Secure EMR Management", Springer Neural Computing and Applications, March 2022, ( SCIE IF: 5.6)
- Jain M, Kaur G, Saxena V., “A K-Means Clustering and SVM based Hybrid Concept Drift Detection Technique for Network Anomaly Detection”, Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier.(SCIE IF 6.9) Jan 2022,
- Hassija V., Saxena V, Chamola V and F. Richard Yu, "A Parking Slot Allocation Framework Based on Virtual Voting and Adaptive Pricing Algorithm," in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 69, no. 6, pp. 5945-5957, June 2020, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2020.2979637. [SCI IF: 6.1]
- Garg V., Sahoo A., Saxena V., “A cognitive approach to endometrial tuberculosis identification using hierarchical deep fusion method”, Nov 2021, Soft Computing, Springer, (SCIE IF:3.6) [https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-021-06474-x]
- Khurana, M., Saxena, V, "A unified approach to change detection using an adaptive ensemble of Extreme Learning Machines",vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 794-798, May 2020,, IEEE Remote Sensing & GeoScience letter,[SCI IF 3.6] [doi: 10.1109/LGRS.2019.2933906.]
- Hassija V., Chamola V., Saxena V., Jain D., Goya P.,Sikdar B.,"A Survey on IoT Security: Application Areas, Security Threats, and Solution Architectures", IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 82721-82743, 2019, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2924045.(SCIE IF: 4.5)
- Hassija V., Chamola V., Saxena V., ChananaV,ParashariP,Mumtaz S.,Guizani M., "Present landscape of quantum computing", IET Quantum Communication,Volume 2, Issue 1, March 2021, Doi: https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-qtc.2020.0027
- Hassija, V, Saxena, V, Chamola, V. A mobile data offloading framework based on a combination of blockchain and virtual voting. Software: Practices and Experience. , Wiley, 2020; 1– 18. https://doi.org/10.1002/spe.2786[ SCIE IF 2.0]
- Hassija V.,Saxena V., Chamola V., “Scheduling drone charging for multi-drone network based on consensus time-stamp and game theory”, Computer Communications, Elsevier,Volume 149, 2020, Pages 51-61, ISSN 0140-3664, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2019.09.021. [ SCIE IF 3.12]
- Saxena B.,Saxena V., “Hurst exponent based approach for influence maximization in social networks”,Journal of King Saud University - Computer and Information Sciences, Elsevier , Dec 2019,ISSN 1319-1578,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksuci.2019.12.010., https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1319157819308766) [ SCIE IF 13.47]
- Saxena, B., Saxena, V. Towards establishing the effect of self-similarity on influence maximization in online social networks, Springer’s Social Networks Analysis &. Mining.10, 35 (2020).https://doi.org/10.1007/s13278-020-00654-7 [ ESCI]
- Dawn S., Saxena V., Sharma B, “Advanced free-form deformation and Kullback–Lieblier Divergence measure for digital elevation model registration”, Springer Journal of Signal, Image and video processing, Vol-9, No-7, pp 1625-1635, 2015.) [ SCIE IF 2.15]
- Khurana, M., Saxena, V., “Green Cover Change Detection using a Modified Adaptive Ensemble of Extreme Learning Machines for North-Western India”, Journal of King Saud University -Computer and Information Sciences (2018), Elsevier, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksuci.2018.09.008, Sep 201 [ SCIE IF 13.47]
- G. Kaur, V. Saxena, JP Gupta, “Detection of TCP targeted high bandwidth attacks using self-similarity” , Journal of Computer and Information Sciences, Elsevier, May 2017 (online at: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1319157817300617) [ SCIE IF 13.47]
- Tewari T.K.,Saxena V., Gupta JP, "A digital audio watermarking scheme using selective mid band DCT coefficients and energy threshold", Springer International Journal of Speech Technology, May 2014, V 17, pp 365-371. ( ESCI, SNIP 1.08 as per Springer Nature)
Best International Conferences:
- V. Hassija, V. Saxena and V. Chamola, "A Blockchain-based Framework for Drone-Mounted Base Stations in Tactile Internet Environment," IEEE INFOCOM 2020- IEEE Conference on Computer Communications Workshops (INFOCOM WKSHPS), Toronto, ON, Canada, 2020, pp. 261-266, doi: 10.1109/INFOCOMWKSHPS50562.2020.9162991. [ H Index:72, H Median :99]
- V Hassija, G Bansal, V Chamola, V Saxena, B Sikdar, BlockCom: A Blockchain Based Commerce Model for Smart Communities using Auction Mechanism, pp 1-6, IEEE ICC- 2019.(flagship conference of the IEEE Communications Society),), https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8756808
- Dawn, S., Saxena, V., and Sharma, B.D., “A Novel Non-rigid Free-form Deformation for Consistent Registration of Digital Elevation Models”, Indian Conference of Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP 2014),14-17 December 2014, pp1-8, Bangalore, India. ( Most prestigious conference in the area of Image and Vision in India)
- Saxena V.; and Gupta J.P, “Collusion Attack Resistant Watermarking Scheme for Images Using DCT”, Proceedings of IEEE 15th Signal Processing and Communication Applications Conference, pp. 1-4, Turkey, June 2007 ( IEEE-SIU).
- Saxena V.; and Gupta J.P, “Towards Increasing the Robustness of Image Watermarking Scheme Against Histogram Equalization Attack” Proceedings of IEEE 15th Signal Processing and Communication Applications Conference, ( IEEE-SIU).pp. 1-4, Turkey, June 2007. Turkey.
- Dawn S.,Saxena V.,Sharma B., "DEM registration using watershed algorithm and chain coding",Proceedings of the Fourth Annual ACM Bangalore Conference (ACM-COMPUTE '11). ACM, NewYork, NY, USA,pp 1-5, March 2011
Other International Journals:
- Meenal Jain and Vikas Saxena, An ECOSVS-based support vector machine for network anomaly detection, ,International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Vol. 14, No. 1, March , 2022, pp 32-54, Inderscince ( Scopus, Cite score 1.3)
- M. Khurana,V. Saxena, "Effectiveness of Morphological Reconstruction Operators in Change Detection for Remote Sensing Images", Indersceince International Journal of Spatial, Temporal and Multimedia Information Systems, June 2017. Vol-1, issue-2 pp:151-166, ISSN: 2052-3556
- Garg, V., Sahoo, A. & Saxena, V. Enhanced textural analysis for endometrial tuberculosis identification from ultrasound images. Int. j. inf. tecnol. , Springer, 13, 657–666 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s41870-020-00605-7
- Varsha Garg, Anita Sahoo and Vikas Saxena, "Identification of female genital tuberculosis in infertility using textural features",International Journal of Swarm Intelligence, Inderscience,pp 106-117,Volume 6 Issue 2,September 15,
- G. Kaur, V. Saxena, JP Gupta, “Study of Self-Similarity for Detection of Rate-based Network Anomalies”, International Journal of security and its application, Vol 11, No-8, pp-27-44, August 2017.
- Manish K Thakur, Vikas Saxena and J P Gupta, “Video Authentication against Set of Temporal Tampering”, International Journal of security and its application, Vol 11, No-1, pp 149-164, Jan 2017.
- Madhu Khurana, Vikas Saxena , “Soft Computing Techniques for Change Detection in remotely sensed images : A Review”, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Volume 12, Issue 2, pp 245-253, March 2015
- Kaur G., SaxenaV.,Gupta J.P, "A Multi Scale Approach to Distinguish Flash Crowds from PDDoS Attacks", Inderscience International Journal of Information and Communication Technology, Volume 6 Issue 2, April 2014,Pp 213-238 http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11760-014-0621-z
- Saxena V., "Higher Compression of Images Using MR-JPEG Scheme and Images Standard Deviation”,Journal of Telecommunications, Vol-v, no-3, pp-39-46, August 2013
- Kaur G., SaxenaV.,Gupta J.P., “A Novel Multi Scale Approach for Detecting High Bandwidth Aggregates in Network Traffic”, International Journal of Security and Its Application, Vol-7, No-5, pp 81-100, August 2013
- Dawn S., Saxena V., Sharma B., "Cognitive-mapping and contextual pyramid based Digital Elevation Model Registration and its effective storage using fractal based compression", International Journal of Computer Science Issues, IJCSI, Vol. 10, Issue 3, No 1,pp. 126 - 135, May 2013
- Gupta M., Gupta D.T., Saxena V., " A Wavelet Based Watermarking Scheme for Color Images", To be appear in Journal of Telecommunications , Journal of Telecommunications , ICFAI University Press, Vol-V, No-2, pp:56-66, May 2013
- Thakur M.K, Saxena V., Gupta J.P., "Performance Analysis of PSNR and SSIM Against Frame Drop and Its Subjective Score", JDCTA: International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 679 - 688, February 2013
- Thakur M.K, Saxena V., Gupta J.P.,, "A Full Reference Algorithm for Dropped Frames Identification in Uncompressed Video Using Genetic Algorithm", JDCTA: International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications, Vol. 6, No. 20, pp. 562 - 573, November 2012
- Thakur M.K, Saxena V., Gupta J.P.,, "A hybrid video quality metric for analyzing quality degradation due to frame drop”, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 9, Issue 6, No 1, November 2012
- Singhal S.,Bagga S.,Goyal P., Saxena V., Augmented Chemistry: Interactive Education System", International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887)Volume 49 – No.15, July 2012
- Tewari T.K., SaxenaV.,Gupta J.P, “A Novel Approach to Generate Watermarks using Auditory Features for Audio Watermarking”, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, Vol 35, No.2, pp. 155-162, Jan 2012”.
- Garg A, Joshi R., Saxena V., “3D Terrain Synthesis from SRTM data and Spatial Watermarking”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol 32, No.3, pp 9-12, October 2011.
- Tewari T.K., SaxenaV.,Gupta J.P., “Audio Watermarking: Current State of Art and Future Objectives”, International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications. Volume 5,Number 7, pp 306-314, July 2011.
- Shah J. and Saxena V. "Performance Study on Image Encryption Schemes " , International Journal of
- Computer Science Issues, volume 8, Issue 4, pp 349-355, July 2011.
- Shah J. and Saxena V. "Video Encryption-A Survey " , International Journal of Computer Science
- Issues, volume 8, Issue 2, pp 525-534, March 2011.
- Tewari, T.K., Saxena V., “An Improved and Robust DCT Based Digital Image Watermarking Scheme”, International Journal of Computer Applications 3(1): pp: 28–32, June 2010.
- Sharma R.G.; and Saxena V., "DWT-Based Watermarking for JPEG2000 Images", The ICFAI University Journal of Information Technology, vol. V, no. 2, pp. 28-36, June 2009
- Saxena V.; and Gupta J.P, “A Novel Watermarking Scheme for JPEG Images”, WSEAS Transaction
- on Signal Processing, vol. 5, issue 2, pp. 74- 84, Feb 2009.
- Saxena V.; and Gupta J.P, “A Novel Collusion Attack Resistant Watermarking Scheme for Color Images”, IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, vol. 34, issue 2, pp. 171-177, Dec 2007.
- Saxena V. et. al., “Performance Analysis of Color Channel for DCT Based Image Watermarking Scheme”, International Journal of Security and Its Applications. ISSN: 1738-9976, vol. 1, num. 2, pp. 41-46, Oct 2007
Other International Conferences:
- Tanya Rastogi, Vikas Hassija, and Vikas Saxena. 2021. Quantum Communication: Concept, Applications, and Future Outlook. 2021 Thirteenth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3-2021). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 51–56. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3474124.3474131 [ Scopus, ACM]
- Varsha Garg, Anita Sahoo, and Vikas Saxena. 2021. Fusion Framework for Morphological and Multispectral Textural Features for Identification of Endometrial Tuberculosis. 2021 Thirteenth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3-2021). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 187–195. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3474124.3474150 [ Scopus, ACM]
- Garg, V., Sahoo, A., Saxena, V. (2021). Gradient Local Auto Correlation Co-occurrence Machine Learning Model for Endometrial Tuberculosis Identification. In: Prateek, M., Singh, T.P., Choudhury, T., Pandey, H.M., Gia Nhu, N. (eds) Proceedings of International Conference on Machine Intelligence and Data Science Applications. Algorithms for Intelligent Systems. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-33-4087-9_48 [ Scopus]
- Tribhuwan Kumar Tewari, VikasSaxena, “Collusion Attack Resistant SVD Based Secured Audio Watermarking Scheme with Chaotic Encryption”, 2018 Eleventh International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), pp: 304-308, August 2018. ( IEEE, SCOPUS)
- P.Singh, Saxena V. “Assessing the Scar Images to Check Medical Treatment Effectiveness”, Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks, pp: 624-629, February 2018, Noida, India ( IEEE, SCOPUS )
- JayantYadav, Manish Sharma, VikasSaxena, “Diabetic Retinopathy Detection using feedforward Neural Network”, Proceedings of 2017 Tenth International Conference on Contemporary Computing ( IC3), 10-12 August, 2017, pp 369-371. ( IEEExplore and SCOPUS, Computer.org)
- M. Khurana and V.Saxena, “Exploring the Effectiveness of Various Texture Features for Change Detection in Remote Sensing Images”, Proceedings of 2017 International Conference on Computer, Communications and Electronics (Comptelix-2017) , July 01-02, 2017, pp 97-101, ( IEEExplore and SCOPUS)
- Mathur A., Saxena V., Singh S.K., “UNDERSTANDING SARCASM IN SPEECH USING MEL-FREQUENCY CEPSTRAL COEFFICENT”, 2017 7th International Conference on Cloud Computing, Data Science & Engineering, pp 734-738, Jan 2017. ( IEEExplore and SCOPUS)
- Agarwal N., Gupta R., Singh S.K., Saxena V., Metadata Based Multi-Labelling of YouTube Videos, 2017 7th International Conference on Cloud Computing, Data Science & Engineering, pp 592-596, Jan 2017. (IEEExplore and SCOPUS)
- Garg P. ;Saxena V., Sandeep S.K., “ Optimizing spatial database performance for handling moving
- objects”, 2016 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication, & Automation, pp 1-3, Oct 2016, India ( IEEExplore and SCOPUS) http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7748954/
- Thakur, M.K., Saxena V., Gupta J.P.; "Learning Based No Reference Algorithm for Dropped Frame Identification in Uncompressed Video ", Third International Conference on Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications (INDIA 2016), pp 451-459, JAN 2016 ( Springer-AISC, Scopus) ( As book chapter)
- Saini A., SaxenaV.,Bhatia N., “VISORV: Board Reading, Getting Directions through Marker Detection for Partially Visually Impaired People ”, Eighth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3-2015) ,pp:360-364, Aug 2015, [ Index in IEEExplore,DBLP, SCOPUS]
- Saxena V., Ananya, Shuka J., “Removing Occlusion Using Even Odd Interlacing for Efficient Class room teaching”, Eighth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3-2015) ,pp: 389-392, Aug 2015, [ Index in IEEExplore,DBLP, SCOPUS]
- Thakur M.K., Saxena, V., Gupta, J. P, “Data-parallel full reference algorithm for dropped frame identification in uncompressed video using genetic algorithm”, Sixth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) ,pp:467-471, Aug 2013, [ Index in IEEExplore, SCOPUS]
- Kaur G., Saxena V., Gupta J.P, "DDoS Detection with Daubechies", in Springers CCIS-Proc of Fifth International Conference on Contemporary Computing 2012,pp. 395-406,Aug 2012. [Indexed in Scopus,DBLP]
- Dawn S., Saxena V., and Sharma B., " DEM Registration and Error Analysis using ASCII values", Proceeding of International Conference on Signal Processing and Imaging Engineering 2010, San Francisco, USA, 20-22 October 2010 [Indexed in IET, INSPEC, ISI DBLP, SCOPUS, CiteSeerX]
- Agarwal A, Saxena V,; “Content Based Multimodal Retrieval for Databases of Indian Monuments”, Springer–CCIS Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Contemporary Computing, 9-11 Aug,Noida, pp: 457-468, 2010. [Indexed in SCOPUS, ISI,DBLP].
- Dawn S., Saxena V.; and Sharma B., “Remote Sensing Image Registration Techniques: A survey “, Springer’s-LNCS proceedings of International Conference on Image and Signal Processing, LNCS-6134, pp:103-112, July 2010, Canada [Indexed in DBLP, ISI]
- Thakur M.K., Saxena, V., Gupta, J. P., “A Performance Analysis of Objective Video Quality Metrics for Digital Video Watermarking,” Proceedings 3rd IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and
- Information Technology, pp 12-17, July 2010. [Indexed in SCOPUS, ISI and EI]
- Kaur G., Saxena V., Gupta J.P., “ Anomaly Detection in Network Traffic and Role of Wavelets”, Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Engineering and Technology, Vol 7, pp: 46-51. April 2010, China. [Indexed in SCOPUS, EI, INSPEC and ISI]
- Gupta P; and Saxena V., “Multi-tier Virtual Machine Architecture: VM-on-VM (n, n-1) Implementation”, Proceedings of The First International Conference on Contemporary Computing, Noida, India, pp 64-67, Aug 2008.
- Agrawal R.; Diwan S.; Saxena V.; and Gupta J.P.; “Robustness Analysis of Fractal Logos for Fractal Image Watermarking”; Proceedings of the 2007 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, & Pattern Recognition, pp. 595-600., Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 2007. [ Indexed in DBLP]
- Sharma N., Agarwal N.; Gupta S., Himanshu H., and Saxena V.; “Extending Open Source Solution for Performance Testing of Web (http/https) Application”; Proceedings of the 2007 International Conference on Internet Computing, pp 429-432 Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 2007. [ Indexed in DBLP]
- Saxena V.; and Gupta J.P, “Towards Increasing the Robustness of Image Watermarking Scheme Against JPEG Compression”, Proceeding of IAENG International Conference on Imaging Engineering, vol. 2, pp. 1903-1906, Hong Kong, Mar 2007. [ Indexed in DBLP]
- Saxena V.; and Pandey A., “A New Way to Reduce Chaos in Software Process”, Proceeding of IAENG International Conference on Software Engineering, vol.1, pp. 1169-1171, Hong Kong, Mar 2007. [ Indexed in DBLP]
- Pandey A. &Saxena V., “Unconventional Use of PSP to Enhance and Measure the Quality of Engineering Graduates”, Proceeding of IAENG International Conference on Software Engineering, vol.1, pp 1056-1059, Hong Kong, Mar 2007. [ Indexed in DBLP]
- Saxena V, Sahoo A. “Exploiting 4-Neighborhood Concept in Feature Based Image Morphing”, Proceedings of first international Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology, ELSEVIER, pp. 141-144, 2006.
Other Contributions in Journal / Conference/Books: (only few are mentioned)
- Reviewer IEEE Geosciences and Remote Sensing letter,
- Reviewer Elsevier Journal Computer and Information Sciences,
- Reviewer in Journal: Elsevier journal Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 2013, Elsevier, USA.
- Reviewer in Journal: Reviewer in Optics Express, USA, 2013, USA
- Publication chair and editorial board member in IC3 2009 to IC3-2018, Jointly Conducted by Univ. of Florida USA and JIIT, Noida, India
- Publicity Co Chair IC3 2008, Noida, India
- Program Committee member:IEEE-International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications, 14-17 Oct, Paris, France.
- Program Committee member:Third International Workshop on Trust Management in P2P Systems, 3-5 August, 2012, Chennai, India.
- Program Committee member:Third International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology, ICCCT-2012,23-25 Nov, 2012, Allahabad, India.
- Program committee member of 3rd IEEE International Advance Computing Conference, February 22-23, 2013 Ghaziabad, India.
- Program Committee member: International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics 2013, 22-25 August, Mysore, India
- Program Committee member: International Conference on Security in Computer Networks and Distributed Systems. 11-12,OCT 2012, Trivandrum, India
- Program Committee member: International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies,26-28 Nov 2012. Malaysia.
- Program Committee member, IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, Dec 15-17, 2014 JIIT, Noida.
- Program Committee member, 2015 International Conference on Signal processing and Application, 16-18 March, 2015 , Noida, India
- Program Committee member, 2013 International Conference on Signal processing and Application, December 12-14 , Noida, India
- Book Reviewer:Programming in c,McGraw Hill Education, First Edition, 2015 December, Delhi , India.
- Book reviewer: C++ Programming, Jaico Publishing House,First Edition, 2014, New Delhi.
- Book reviewer: Object Oriented C++ Programming,First Edition, Jaico Publishing House, 2014, New Delhi.
- Book reviewer: Introduction to Digital Image Processing, First Edition, Orient BlcakSwan, New Delhi, India, 2014.
- Book Reviewer: Software Testing by M.G.Limaye, 2E.”TMH, India, 2015.
Other Roles as Academician:
- Nodel Coordinator , Virtual Lab, From 2018 onwards.
- Delivered Invited talk in two week FDP in BVICAM, New Delhi on “Emerging Research Trends in Computer Science & IT, 14th – 26th May, 2018,
- Delivered Invited talk in FDP in JSS, Soft Computing-Techniques, tools and applications, 11-15 June, 2018
- Delivered invited talks in three FDPs organized by Dept of CSE, Dept of ECE and Dept of Mathematics in July 2017.
- Delivered an invited talk as a Resource person, Faculty development program on DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING, 6-10 FEB 2017, RKGIT Ghaziabad, India.
- Delivered an invited talk as a Resource person, Faculty development program on Machine learning and its application on Image and Text analysis, 30 Jan -03 Feb 2017, JSSATE, Noida, India
- Session Chair, Attended International. Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation (ICCCA2016), April 2016, Noida ( Galgotia Univ.)
- Session Chair, International. Conference on Signal Processing and communication, Dec 2016.Noida ( JIIT,ECE)
- Attended and participated in the “IAENG International Conference on Imaging Engineering,” 21-23 March 2007, Hong Kong, along with more than 12 other international conferences in India
- Organizing committee member of International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) jointly conducted by JIIT Univ., India and Univ. of Florida, USA during 2008 to 2017.
- Invited speaker in IEEE National workshop on Computer Vision &ImageProcessing in LNMIIT, Jaipur, 8-9 September 2012.
- Being a life member of CSI and Executive member of CSI-Ghaziabad Chapter, more than dozen workshops and seminars attended & organized in the different areas of CSE/IT at Zone and National level.
- Eight FDPs attended/organized of 1 week duration, including one by TCS in IIT-Delhi in December 2004 in the area of Software Engineering.