Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)
Ph. D (NIT Silchar)
4 years & 9 Months
- I received my B.Tech degree from Assam Down Town University in 2014, M. Tech degree from NIT Silchar in 2016 and Ph.D degree from NIT Silchar in 2021.
- I worked as an Assistant Professor (contractual) in the department of Mechanical engineering at NIT Silchar from July 2016 to June 2018. I taught various subjects like Engineering Mechanics (2nd Semester), Machine Drawing (3rd Semester), CAD-CAM (8th Semester) and conducted various laboratory such as Fluid Mechanics laboratory (6th Semester) and Mechanical workshop (1st Semester).
- I joined JIIT-128 as an Assistant Professor in the department of ECE on 21st August 2018. I am presently conducting laboratory classes for “Engineering Workshop and Engineering Drawing and Design”.
Renewable energy, Photovoltaic thermal collector, Aerodynamics of vehicles Nanofluid etc.
- Prabhakar Jha, Biplab Das, Rajat Gupta. An experimental study of a photovoltaic thermal air collector (PVTAC): A comparison of a flat and wavy collector. Applied Thermal Engineering 163 (2019) 114344(Elsevier, SCI, Impact Factor: 4.026). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2019.114344.
- Prabhakar Jha, Biplab Das, Rajat Gupta. Performance of air-based photovoltaic thermal collector with fully and partially covered photovoltaic module. Applied Thermal Engineering 180 (2020) 115838(Elsevier, SCI, Impact Factor: 4.725). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2020.115838.
- Prabhakar Jha, Jayanta Deb Mondol, Biplab Das, Rajat Gupta. Energy metrics assessment of a photovoltaic thermal air collector (PVTAC): A comparison between flat and wavy collector. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects (2020) 1-19(Taylor & Francis, SCI, Impact Factor: 1.184). https://doi.org/10.1080/15567036.2020.1809563.
- Prabhakar Jha, Biplab Das, Rajat Gupta. Energy and exergy analysis of photovoltaic thermal air collector under climatic condition of north eastern India. Energy Procedia 158 (2019) 1161–1167(Elsevier, Scopus). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2019.01.299.
- Amin Shahsavar, Prabhakar Jha, MuslumArici, GholamrezaKefayati. A comparative experimental investigation of energetic and exergetic performances of water/magnetite nanofluid-based photovoltaic/ thermal system equipped with finned and unfinned collectors. Energy 220 (2021) 119714(Elsevier, SCI, Impact Factor: 6.028). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2020.119714.
- Amin Shahsavar, Prabhakar Jha, MuslumAricic, Patrice Estelle. Experimental investigation of the usability of the rifled serpentine tube to improve energy and exergy performances of a nanofluid-based photovoltaic/thermal system. Renewable energy 170 (2021) 410-425(Elsevier, SCI IF: 6.274). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2021.01.117.
- 7.Amin Shahsavar, Prabhakar Jha, MuslumArıcı, Sandro Nizeti, Zhenjun Ma. Energetic and exergetic performances of a nanofluid-based photovoltaic/ thermal system equipped with a sheet-and-grooved serpentine tube collector: Indoor experimental tests. Solar Energy 225 (2021) 918–933(Elsevier, SCI IF: 5.742).https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2021.08.005
- Prabhakar Jha, Biplab Das, BehnazRezaie. Significant factors for enhancing the life cycle assessment of photovoltaic thermal air collector. Energy Equipment and Systems 7(2019)175-197(Google scholar). https://doi.org/10.22059/EES.2019.35858.
- Prabhakar Jha, Biplab Das, SumitaDebbarma, Rajat Gupta R. Life cycle assessment of PVT air collector with a plain absorber plate. Proceedings of SEEP 2019, UOS, Sharjah UAE (2019) 37-44.
- Prabhakar Jha, Biplab Das, SumitaDebbarma, Rajat Gupta R. Modelling of the diffuse-global solar radiation for the environment of Silchar, North East India. Proceedings of SEEP2019, UOS, Sharjah, UAE (2019) 476-480.
- Biplab Das, BehnazRezaie B, Prabhakar Jha, Rajat Gupta. Performance analysis of single glazed solar PVT air collector in the climatic condition of NE India. 4th International Electronic Conference on Entropy and its applications (2017) 1-14. https://doi.org/10.3390/ecea-4-05021.
- ORCID ID : http://orcid.org/0000-0001-7910-1186
- Google Scholar ID: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=FhyKv7cAAAAJ&hl=en
- Research Gate ID: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Prabhakar-Jha
- Robotics: organized by Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd in association with E-Cell IIT-Kharagpur.
- One-week workshop on “Advanced Joining Technologies” organized by NIT Silchar.
- Five days workshop on “Advancement in Computational Fluid Dynamics” organized by NIT Silchar.
- One week online faculty development program on “Design Aspects and Industry 4.0” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, University College of Engineering & Technology, Bikaner.
- Faculty development program on “NBA and the processes”at NIT Mizoram held during 5th February to 11st February.
- One week online short-term course on “How to define Research Problems and Solving Methods in Sustainable Design, Manufacturing and Energy Engineering” organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Silchar.
- Webinar on “NEP 2020 – Its Implications on Higher Education in India” held on 25th August 2020.
- Webinar on “Indigenous Knowledge System for Sustainable Rural Development” organized by NIT Silchar held on 11thJuly 2020.
- Webinar on “Sustainable Energy & Environmental Practices (SEEP 2020)” organized by NIT Silchar during 5th-06th June 2020.
- Webinar on “RENEWABLE ENERGY” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Francis Xavier Engineering College, Tirunelveli held on 25th June2020.
- Faculty Development Program on “Advanced Computational and Experimental Research in Physics-2021”organized by SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai held during 13th -25th September 2021.