- Ph.D. (Computer Science & Engineering) Awarded 2015, JIIT, Noida
- M. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering) 2005, Kalyani University, Kalyani, W.B.
- B.E. (Information Technology) 2002, Gujarat University, Gujarat
Presently, I am working as Assistant Professor (Sr. Grade) and have more than 16 years of teaching experience with the Department of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida-62, U.P. I have published more than 40 articles in reputed SCI/Scopus journals, conferences, books, and chapters. Also, I’ve participated in organizing international conferences/sessions. I have delivered guest lectures for PhD course work in government university, as well as in various FDPs. I have been a regular paper setter, Examiner, and moderator of various national levels DOAECC –C / O Level exam/ NIELIT. Moreover, I have been a reviewer for many international conference and journals, including Central European Journal of Geoscience, Publisher: Versita; IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing; Signal Processing, Publisher: Elsevier; Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing; IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Magazine; IEEE Colloquium of Humanities, Science, and Engineering Research; IEEE Symposium on Business, Engineering and Industrial Applications (ISBEIA), UPCON 2018; E-Health 2012 Conference; 2012 IEEE Colloquium of Humanities, Science, and Engineering Research; 2012 IEEE Symposium on Business, Engineering and Industrial Applications; 2012 & 2013 IEEE Symposium on Humanities, Science and Engineering Research (SHUSER). Additionally, I have been in the TPC member International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) since its inception in the year 2008. I have guided more than 20 post-graduate dissertation/industrial thesis and more than 120 graduate major and minor projects in the fields of multimedia, AR-VR, Image and Video Processing and Analysis and learning. social networking, large-scale graph algorithms, sensor networks, data mining & machine learning. Apart from the aforementioned area, I am also working in the fields of emotion detection and analysis from EEG signal and Plant disease recognition and analysis along with my 2 research scholars.
- Brain Computer Interfacing, Biomedical Signal Processing, & Healthcare
- Computer Vision
- Image, Video and Signal Processing,
- Virtual & Augmented Reality,
- Multimedia and Animation
- Teaching and Learning
- In Academics & Research: 16+ years
- Ramzan, M., & Dawn, S. (2021). “Analyzing and identifying Oscillatory activities of emotions based on Electroencephalography signals using Power Spectral Density and Spatial filtering techniques”, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control
- Khadke, S.; Gupta, P.; Rachakunta, S.; Mahata, C.; Dawn, S.; Sharma, M.; Verma, D.; Pradhan, A.; Krishna, A.M.S.; Ramakrishna, S.; Chakrabortty, S.; Saianand, G.; Sonar, P.; Biring, S.; Dash, J.K.; Dalapati, G.K. Efficient Plastic Recycling and Remolding Circular Economy Using the Technology of Trust–Blockchain. Sustainability 2021, 13, 9142. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13169142
- Ramzan, M., & Dawn, S. (2021). Fused CNN-LSTM Deep learning emotion recognition model using Electroencephalography signals. International Journal of Neuroscience, (just-accepted), 1-15.https://doi.org/10.1080/00207454.2021.1941947
- Ramzan, M., & Dawn, S. (2019). Learning-based classification of valence emotion from electroencephalography. International Journal of Neuroscience, 129(11), 1085-1093.
- Avnish Singh Jat, Abhinav Mishra, Dr. Suma Dawn, Amit Kumar, “Asperger’s Disorder: Application for its Treatment through Emotion Detection”, International Journal of Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Sciences, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp. 314 – 319, May 2016. ISSN 2349-4476
- Sagar Gupta, Prashant Kaushik, Suma Dawn, “Game Play Evaluation Metrics”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol. 117, No. 3, pp. 32-35, May 2015. DOI: 10.5120/20538-2902, URL: http://ijcaonline.s1024.sureserver.com/archives/volume117/number3/20538-2902
- Bist, S., Khanna, G., and Dawn, S., “Wearable Assistance Device for Visually Disabled”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol. 94, No. 1, pp. 18-21, May 2014, ISBN : 973-93-80880-60-8, DOI: 10.5120/16307-5533
- Vij, M., and Dawn, S., “Corrective Self Defense Training Unit using sensing of Kinect maps”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol. 89, No. 10, pp. 8 -11, 2014. DOI: 10.5120/15665-3692. URI: http://www.ijcaonline.org/archives/volume89/number10/15665-3692. ISBN: 973-93-80880-60-8
- Jadon, S., Singhal, A., Dawn, S., "Military Simulator-A Case Study of Behaviour Tree and Unity based architecture", International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol. 88, No. 5, pp. 26-29, February 2014. DOI: 10.5120/15350-3691
- Dawn, S., Saxena, V., and Sharma, B.D., “Cognitive-mapping and contextual pyramid based Digital Elevation Model Registration and its effective storage using fractal based compression”, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, IJCSI, Vol. 10, Issue 3, No 1, pp. 126 - 135, May 2013
- Dawn, S., Saxena, V., and Sharma, B.D., “Advanced Free-form Deformation and Kullback-Lieblier Divergence Measure for Digital Elevation Model Registration”, Journal of Signal, Image and Video Processing, Springer London, Online ISSN: 1863-1711. DOI: 10.1007/s11760-014-0621-z
Dawn, S., Saxena, V., and Sharma, B.D., “A Novel Non-rigid FFD for Consistent DEM Registration”, Indian Conference of Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP 2014), 14-17 December 2014, Bangalore, India.
- Jain N., Singh S., Datta N., Dawn S. (2021) Time Series Forecasting to Predict Pollutants of Air, Water and Noise Using Deep Learning Methods. In: Satapathy S., Bhateja V., Janakiramaiah B., Chen YW. (eds) Intelligent System Design. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1171. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-5400-1_75
- Dawn, S., Saraogi, U., & Thakur, U. S. (2020, July). Agent-based Learning for Auto-Navigation within the Virtual City. In 2020 International Conference on Computational Performance Evaluation (ComPE) (pp. 007-012). IEEE.
- Dawn, S., Tulsyan, S., Bhattarai, S., Gopal, S., & Saxena, V. (2020, March). An Efficient Approach to Image Indexing and Retrieval Using Haar Cascade and Percentual Similarity Index. In 2020 6th International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication (ICSC) (pp. 108 – 113). IEEE
- (Poster & Abstract only) M Ramzan, S Dawn. (2019) "Analyzing emotional brain functional connectivity networks using Electroencephalography signals” in Australasian Winter Conference on Brain Research (AWCBR) New-Zealand
- Sharma, V., Trehan, T., Chanana, R., & Dawn, S. (2019, October). StudieMe: College Recommendation System. In 2019 3rd International Conference on Recent Developments in Control, Automation & Power Engineering (RDCAPE) (pp. 227-232). IEEE.
- Ramzan, M., & Dawn, S. (2019, August). Temporal measures for analysis of emotional states from human electroencephalography signals. In 2019 Twelfth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Verma, A., Mittal, V., & Dawn, S. (2019, August). FIND: Fake information and news detections using deep learning. In 2019 Twelfth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Ramzan, M., & Dawn, S. (2019, January). A Survey of Brainwaves using Electroencephalography (EEG) to develop Robust Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCIs): Processing Techniques and Algorithms. In 2019 9th International Conference on Cloud Computing, Data Science & Engineering (Confluence) (pp. 642-647). IEEE. Sharma, V., Trehan, T., Chanana, R., & Dawn, S. (2019, October). StudieMe: College Recommendation System. In 2019 3rd International Conference on Recent Developments in Control, Automation & Power Engineering (RDCAPE) (pp. 227-232). IEEE.
- Dawn S., Biswas P. (2019) Technologies and Methods for 3D Reconstruction in Archaeology. In: Thampi S., Marques O., Krishnan S., Li KC., Ciuonzo D., Kolekar M. (eds) Advances in Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems. SIRS 2018. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 968. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-5758-9_38
- Prakash, S., Agarwal, H., Agarwal, U., Biswas, P., & Jaypee, S. D. (2018, December). Discovering motifs in DNA sequences: A suffix tree based approach. In 2018 IEEE 8th International Advance Computing Conference (IACC) (pp. 327-332). IEEE.
- Jain, A., Parashar, R., Goyal, A. K., Biswas, P., Dawn, S., & Nanda, A. (2018, December). Discovering Motifs in DNA Sequences: A Candidate Motif Based Approach. In 2018 Fifth International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC) (pp. 599-604). IEEE.
- Agarwal, H., Prakash, S., Agarwal, U., Biswas, P., Nanda, A., & Dawn, S. (2018, December). CPDP: A connection based PDP algorithm. In 2018 Fifth International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC) (pp. 605-610). IEEE.
- Dawn, S., Khera, A., Agarwal, N., & Arora, A. (2018, November). Panorama generation from a video. In 2018 5Th IEEE uttar pradesh section international conference on electrical, electronics and computer engineering (UPCON) (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- Singhal, A., Srivastava, P., & Dawn, S. (2018, November). Computational transformation from web to Ebook archiving. In 2018 5th IEEE Uttar Pradesh Section International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (UPCON) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Dawn, S. and Bhattacharya, M., (2018) “Dance Narration Translation: From Real on to Virtual Avatar”. Abstract in Proceedings of International Conference on 'Translation Across Cultures - Dissolving Boundaries: Creating Harmony'. JIIT Noida
- Goel, S., Pangasa, R., Dawn, S., & Arora, A. (2018, August). Audio Acoustic Features Based Tagging and Comparative Analysis of its Classifications. In 2018 Eleventh International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Dawn, S., & Kaushik, P. (2016, August). Teaching game designing and development: Pedagogy and challenges. In 2016 Ninth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Goel, S., Dawn, S., Dhanalekshmi, G., Hema, N., Singh, S. K., Gupta, S., ... & Ajmera, K. (2015, August). Collaborative teaching in large classes of computer science courses. In 2015 Eighth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3) (pp. 397-403). IEEE.
- Dawn, S. (2013, December). Multimedia, animation, and computer graphics—Mapping of study of virtual characters to cognitive understanding. In 2013 IEEE International Conference in MOOC, Innovation and Technology in Education (MITE) (pp. 75-79). IEEE.DOI: 10.1109/MITE.2013.6756309
- Dawn, S., Saxena, V., and Sharma, B.D., (2011, December). "SVD Based Digital Elevation Model Registration", Abstract in Proc. of International Conference on Microwaves, Antenna, Propagation & Remote Sensing 2011, organized by International Centre for Radio Science, Jodhpur, Dec 2011
- Dawn, S., Saxena, V., & Sharma, B. (2011, March). DEM registration using watershed algorithm and chain coding. In Proceedings of the Fourth Annual ACM Bangalore Conference (pp. 1-5).Compute '11, ACM, Bangalore, India
- Dawn, S., Saxena, V., & Sharma, B. D. (2010, October). DEM Registration and Error Analysis using ASCII values. arXiv preprint arXiv:1405.7771.Proc. of International Conference on Signal Processing and Imaging Engineering 2010.
- Dawn, S., Saxena, V., & Sharma, B. (2010, June). Remote sensing image registration techniques: A survey. In International Conference on Image and Signal Processing (pp. 103-112). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- S Dawn, P Biswas (2021.). Bioinformatics algorithms: course, teaching pedagogy and assessment. E-Learning Methodologies: Fundamentals, Technologies and Applications. IET. (Chapter 12) (Publisher: Elsevier)
- M Ramzan, S Dawn. (2021) "Simulation Tools for Brain signal Analysis". CRC book on Brain and Behavior Computing, pp. 1-28. https://www.routledge.com/Brain-and-Behavior-Computing/Sahu-Sinha/p/book/9780367552978(Publisher: Routledge Taylor&Francis, Indexing: WOS, SCOPUS )
- M Ramzan, S Dawn. (2021) “Processing techniques and analysis of Brain sensor data using Electroencephalography (EEG)" CRC book on Brain and Behavior Computing pp. 29-60. https://www.routledge.com/Brain-and-Behavior-Computing/Sahu-Sinha/p/book/9780367552978(Publisher: Routledge Taylor&Francis, Indexing: WOS, SCOPUS )
- Dawn, S., Jain, A., Agrawal, S., & Pandey, S. (2021). Towards the Development of IT-Enabled Immunization Monitoring Framework. In Epidemiological Research Applications for Public Health Measurement and Intervention (pp. 54-68). IGI Global. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-4414-3.ch004
- Dawn, S., Jain, N., & Gangwar, T. (2021). Disease Interactome: An Assessment Case Study Based on Analysis and Measures to Predict Secondary Diseases. In Epidemiological Research Applications for Public Health Measurement and Intervention (pp. 69-84). IGI Global. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-4414-3.ch005
- N. Hema., and Dawn, S., "Smart Sensors and Wearable Sensors: Smart Sensors used in Numerous Modern Applications and their Significance; Wearable Sensors", in Advances in Modern Sensors (Physics, Design, Simulation and Applications), IOP Publishers, Ch. 6.
- U. Agarwal, S. Prakash, H. Agarwal, P. Biswas, S. Dawn, A. Nanda, "Partial Digest Problem," in Smart Healthcare Systems. Chapman and Hall/CRC, New York, 2019, ch. 11, pp. 165-178.
Invited Talks & Guest Lectures
- Online Guest Lecture as a part of PhD course-work, organized by the Department of Education, West Bengal State University, Barasat, West Bengal, India.
Topic: Computer Systems, Computer Architecture, Uses of System Software, and Applciation Softwares (on 7th Nov 2020)
Topic: Computers and Research (on 19th Nov 2020)
- Online Staff Development Programme (SDP) on Online Learning Tools and Applications organized by the Department of Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida from 16th Nov to 21st Nov 2020.Title: Google Forms
- FDP on Re-Imagining Computing: Engineering, Research, and Education, July 4th – 10th, 2018, JIIT, Noida Title: Brain Computer Interfaces: Current State of Art Along with: Ms Munaza Ramzan.
- FDP on “Mathematical and Statistical Computations”, , July 9th –14th, 2018, JIIT, Noida Title: “Perspective from Graphics, Games and Animation Aspects”
- FDP on Performance Assessment of Computing Systems, 10th – 15th July 2017, JIIT Noida Title: Perspective from Computer Graphics, Virtual Reality, Animation Designing,
- FDP Research, Innovation, and Engineering in Computer Science: Issues and Approaches, 18-23 July, 2016, JIIT, Noida; Title: Animations, Computer Games & Virtual World: Issues and Approaches Link: http://www.slideshare.net/SumaDawn1/research-innovations-and-engineering-in-animations-graphics-and-virtual-world
- FDP Emerging Trends in Computing Education, 6-11 july, 2015, JIIT, Noida.
Title: Trends and Innovations in Teaching Large Classes
Conference: 2021, 13th International Conference on Contemporary Computing, JIIT, Noida
- Conference: Congress on Intelligent Systems (CIS) 2020 (during 5th-6th Sep, 2020)
Session Name: Big Data Analytics with Machine Learning http://cis2020.scrs.in/assets/download/SSCFP_HIS.pdf
- Conference: ComPE 2020
Session Name: Technical Session 12 on 4th July 2020
- Conference: 2018 International Conference on Translation across Cultures - Dissolving Boundaries- Creating Harmony, JIIT, Noida
Session Track: "Computational Linguistics, Machine Translation and Technology" Organised by HSS department, JIIT Noida.
- Conference: 2015 International Conference on Contemporary Computing, JIIT, Noida
Session Track: "Education Track", Organised by: CSE/IT Department, JIIT Noida.
Member of Professional Bodies/Societies
- IEEE : 90787751
- SIAM : 0010784u1
- ACM : 3606404
- IETE : M 501350 (Life Member)
- IAENG : 106077
- IACSIT : 80337604
- Indian Science Congress Association: L35898 (Life Member)
- Indian Society for Geomatics: ISG-L-2146 (Life Member)
- Indian Unit of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence: L-222 (Life Member)"
- Supervisor, Munaza Ramzan (Title: EEG signal-based emotion Elicitation using computational methods), Enrolment No.: 16403014, Domain: Biomedical Signal Processing, Jaypee Institute Information Technology, Noida-62, Uttar Pradesh (Assigned: 2016) (PhD. Pre-Submission Seminar Completed) (Ph.D. Thesis to be Submitted in December 2021)
- Supervisor, Vinita Chauhan (Title: Crop Disease Detection using Computational Methods), Enrolment No.: 17403317, Domain: Wireless Sensor Network, Jaypee Institute Information Technology, Noida-62, Uttar Pradesh (Ongoing)