M.Sc. (Physics), PhD (Physics)
Dr. Vikas Malik is an assistant professor in the Deprtment of Physics. He has done his M.Sc. from department of physics, IIT Kanpur and PhD from Jawaharlal Nehru University. After his PhD, he was a guest scientist in University of Chemnitz, Germany and postdoctoral fellow at University of Stuttgart, Germany and Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad. He has been teaching for last six years and joined JIIT in 2013.
At present he is working on equilibrium and non equilibrium properties of spin glass, Coulomb glass systems using Monte Carlo simulations. He is also exploring the thermodynamic properties of Cluster compounds using MC simulations. His other interests are manganites, multiferroics and computational neuroscience. In computational neuroscience he has started work on Parkinson’s disease and nicotine addiction.
- Bhandari, P, Malik, V. (2020), ‘Charge ordering in the three dimensional Coulomb Glass at finite temperatures and low disorders.’, The European Physical Journal B Vol. 93, pp 1. [[SCI Indexed]
- Panwar A, Malik V, Neeleshwar S, Bagga A (2019).’ Probing the path for achieving a broad temperature plateau of the figure of merit in thermoelectric nanocomposite materials, Nanotechnology 31 (3), 035405. [Impact factor 3.1] [SCI Indexed]
- Bhandari, P, Malik, V. and S. Puri (2019),’Logarithmic Coarsening in the Coulomb Glass’, Phys. Rev. E, vol. 99, pp 052113. [Impact factor 2.4] [SCI Indexed]
- Bhandari, P, Malik, V. (2019), ‘Finite Temperature Phase Transition in the two dimensional Coulomb Glass at low disorders.’, The European Physical Journal B Vol. 92, pp147. [Impact factor 2.4] [SCI Indexed]
- Bhandari, P, Malik, V. (2017),“Critical behavior of the two-dimensional Coulomb glass at zero temperature” Phys. Rev. B, 95, 184203
- Singh, J., Singh,P., Malik,V. (2017), ‘Sensitivity analysis of discharge patterns of subthalamic nucleus in the model of Basal ganglia in Parkinson disease, Journal of Integrative Neuroscience, 16, 441.
- Bhandari, P, Malik, V. (2017),“ Effect of increasing disorder on domains in 2d Coulomb Glass' J. Phys:Condens. Matter 29, 485402.
- Swamy, N. K. , Reddy, P. V. , Gupta, M., Samatham, S., Venkateshwarulu, D., Ganesan, V., Malik, V. & Das, B. K. (2015). Specific heat and magnetocaloric effect studies in multiferroic YMnO3. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 119, 1191.
- Swamy, N. K., Kumar, N. P. , Gupta, M., Samatham, S. , Ganesan, V., Malik, V. & Das, B. K.. Structural, magnetic, thermodynamic, and transport properties of A-site disordered Nd0.3Sm0.2Sr0.5MnO3. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry.
- Swamy, N. K., Kumar, N. P., Gupta, M., Dubey, V., Malik, V., Das, B. K. (2013). Schottky-Like Anomaly in the Low-Temperature Specific Heat of Polycrystalline Y0.3Gd0.2Sr0.5MnO3. Materials Physics and Mechanics,18, 35.
- Malik, V., Yadav, C. S., Rastogi, A. K. & Kumar, D. (2013). Peculiar Magnetism Transition Metal Cluster Compounds. Euro Physics letters, 101, 670008.
- Malik, V.& Kumar D. (2007). Thermodynamics of Coulomb glass. Physical Review B, 76, 125207.
- Malik, V.& Kumar D. (2004). Formation of Coulomb gap in a Coulomb glass. Physical Review B 69, 153103.
- Malik, V. & Kumar D. (2003). Correlated hopping in Coulomb glass. Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, 15, 5451.
Electrical Engineering Materials, Vikas Malik, Scholar Tech Press, 2009.
Malik,V. (2020), 'Growth of Domains for Two Dimensional Coulomb Glass', Materials today:Proceedings Vol. 28, pp 48.
Bharti, Y., Aggarwal, S., Malik,V., 'Effect of filler length dispersity on two-dimensional nano wire based composites', Materials today:Proceedings Vol. 28, pp 251
- Malik. V. (2019). 'Non-equilibrium study of Coulomb glass at small disorders using Kawasaki dynamics ', AIP Conference Proceedings 2136, 020002.
- Singh, J., Singh,P., Malik,V. (2018), ‘Effect of Intrinsic Parameters on Dynamics of STN Model in Parkinson Disease: A Sensitivity-Based Study’, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing book series 583, 417.
- Sonnathi, N., Panwar, A., Malik, V., & Bagga, A. (2018). Theoretical Investigations Of Interfacial Scattering Effects On Thermoelectric Properties Of Bulk Nanostructured PbTe System. MRS Advances, 1-6
- Bhandari, P & Malik. V. (2017). ‘Optimization of Coulomb glass system at low disorder’, AIP Conference Proceedings 1897, 020026.
- Bhandari, P, Malik, V. & Kumar, D. (2016). Relaxation and Possible dynamical transition in Electron Glass. 61st DAE- Solid State Physics Symposium, Bhubhneshwar, India.
- Malik, V. & Bhandari, P, (2016). Ground State Properties of Two Dimensional Coulomb Glass. 61st DAE- Solid State Physics Symposium, Bhubhneshwar, India.
- Bhandari, P & Malik. V. (2017). Critical Behaviour in two dimensional Coulomb Glass. ICAPM 2017 : 7th International Conference on Applied Physics and Mathematics, Tokyo, Japan.
- Swamy, N. K., Malik, V. & Das. B. K. (2013). Structural and Thermodynamic Properties of Multiferroic Y0.3Gd0.2Sr0.5MnO3 . International Conference on Emergence of New Era in Glass and Ceramics, NEGC 2013.
- 5.Swamy, N. K., Gupta, M., Malik, V. & Das. B. K. (2013). Structural and Thermodynamic Properties of Multiferroic Y0.3Dy0.2Sr0.5MnO3 . AIP Conference Proceeding of Recent Trends in Applied Physics and Material Science, pp.1037.
- Malik, V. & Kumar, D. (2008). Phase diagram and excitations of a Coulomb glass.12th International Conference on Transport in Interacting Disordered Systems. Physica Status Solidi (c), Marburg, Germany.
- Malik, V. & Kumar. D. (2003). Role of Coulomb interactions in hopping conduction. 10TH Conference on Hopping and Related Phenomena, Physica Status Solidi (c), Miramare–Trieste, Italy.