Chakresh Kumar Jain, Associate Professor (Spl. Bioinformatics) joined the Department of Biotechnology in July, 2003. He has been involved in teaching and research for the past nine years with several Institutions of repute i.e. Bioinformatics center, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Noida.
He holds Master degrees in interdisciplinary areas of Applied Biochemistry, Jiwaji University, Gwalior; Computer Applications, IGNOU, New Delhi; and Information Sciences INSDOC, New Delhi, and Post Graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics. In addition, he completed ALCCS (Equivalent to M. Tech in Computer Science), Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, New Delhi. Subsequently, Chakresh acquired PhD (spl. Bioinformatics), Jiwaji University, Gwalior, focus on computational designing of non-coding RNAs using machine learning methods. He is CSIR-UGC-NET [LS] qualified and member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG). He is life member of IETE, New Delhi. He has attended/delivered lectures at international and national conferences.
His research interests are computational algorithm/methods used for quantification of biological feature in order to decipher the complex biological phenomenon;. non-coding RNAs identification, computer based docking and virtual screening, drug target identification and mutational analysis for revealing the antibiotic resistance across the microbes through machine learning methods.
The broad area of my research interests are development of computational algorithm/methods used for quantification of biological feature in order to decipher the complex biological phenomenon ; non-coding RNAs identification, computer based docking , molecular modelling and dynamics, drug target identification and mutational analysis for revealing the antibiotic resistance across the (biowarfare) microbes through machine learning, data analytics, and network biology based approaches.
Apart from that research is also focused on to understand the possible therapeutics, based on Bacopa monneri plant components for some neurodegenerative diseases (specially Parkinson’s disease )
- Jain C .K.Bhargava,S., Jain, I., Varshney,S., Targeting Notch Pathway in Cancer Diagnostics and Therapeutics: An Emerging Approach. Recent Patents on Anti-cancer Drug Discovery. 2022 ;17(3):244-252. DOI: 10.2174/1574892816666210607092350. PMID: 34109915[Indexed in Scopus and SCI; Impact Factor: 3].
- Prajapati A, Parashar, A., Sunita, Chhabra, J.K., Jain, C, K., Multimedia in search-based software engineering: challenges and opportunities within a new research domain, Multimedia Tools and Applications , 2 Feb, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-021-11882-0[Indexed in Scopus and SCI; Impact Factor: 2.5].
- Abhimanyu, Srivastava, P. ., & Jain, C. K. (2022). In-Silico Investigation of Plant-Derived Natural Allosteric Compounds Towards Enhanced Drug-Protein Interaction of MOA Protein Complex in Depression Based on Molecular Docking and Molecular Dynamic Simulation Approaches. Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy, 16(4), 529–539. https://doi.org/10.5530/ctbp.2022.4.86[Indexed in Scopus; Impact Factor 0.4].
- Gupta, N., Gupta, B., Passi, K. & Jain, C. K. (2022). Applications of Artificial Intelligence Based Technologies in Weed and Pest Detection. Journal of Computer Science, 18(6), 520-529 [Indexed in Scopus].
- Ahir, P, K Passi, Jain C K, Comparison of three high dimensional datasets for cancer survival analysis using semi-supervised learning method based on Cox and AFT models with L1/2 regularization, Neuro Quantology, Jul 2022, Vol 20, Issue 7, Pp 1929-1939. doi: 10.14704/nq.2022.20.7.NQ33242 [Indexed in Scopus].
- Patel, V., K Passi, Jain C K , Collaborative Filtering Recommendation system for Prediction of Drugs for treatment of Prostate Cancer, Neuro Quantology, Jul 2022, Vol 20, Issue 7, Pp1703-1713 doi: 10.14704/nq.2022.20.7.NQ33214 [Indexed in Scopus].
- Gupta, B.Jain, C K., Srivastava, R. L., Ghosh, D., Singh, R., (2022), An Improved Method for Skin Cancer Prediction Using Machine Learning Techniques. IJEER 10(4), 881-887. DOI: 10.37391/IJEER.100422. [Indexed in Scopus].
- Jain CK, Srivastava P, Pandey AK, Singh N, Kumar RS. miRNA therapeutics in precision oncology: a natural premium to nurture. Explor Target Antitumor Ther. 2022;3(4):511-532. doi: 10.37349/etat.2022.00098. [Indexed in Scopus].
- Srivastava P, Jain CK. Computer Aided Reverse Vaccinology: A Game-changer Approach for Vaccine Development. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2022 Sep 30. doi: 10.2174/1386207325666220930124013. [Indexed in Scopus; Impact factor 1.2].
- Mittal KR, Jain N, Srivastava P, Jain CK. Multidrug-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: An Emerging Aspect of New Drug Discovery. Recent Adv Antiinfect Drug Discov. 2022 Sep 12. doi: 10.2174/2772434417666220912120726. [Indexed in Scopus: Impact Factor 1.5]
- Vekariya V, Passi K, Jain CK. Predicting liver cancer on epigenomics data using machine learning. Front Bioinform. 2022 Sep 27;2:954529. doi: 10.3389/fbinf.2022.954529. PMID: 36304318; PMCID: PMC9580905.
- Guo, R., Passi, K., Jain C. K., Tuberculosis Diagnostics and Localization in Chest X-Rays via Deep Learning Models, Front. Artif. Intell.,05 October 2020, Vol3 , 1-17, https://doi.org/10.3389/frai.2020.583427
- Patel, P., Passi K., Jain C K, Efficacy of Non-negative Factorization for Feature Selection in Cancer Data, International Journal of Data Mining & Knowledge Management Process (IJDKP),2020, Vol. 10, No. 4, DOI 10.5121/ijdkp.2020.10401.
- Patel,N., Passi ,K., Jain,C. K., Improved Prediction of Breast Cancer on Epigenomics Data using Feature Selection and Machine Learning, Adv Proteomics Bioinform, 2020, 03: 115. DOI: 10.29011/2690-0092.100015
- Bhardwaj, P., Goswami,N., Narula,P., Jain,C.K., Mathur, A., Zinc Oxide nanoparticles (ZnO NP) mediated regulation of bacoside biosynthesis and transcriptional correlation of HMG-CoA reductase genein suspension culture of Bacopa monnieri. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 2018; 130. 148-156 [Indexed in Scopus and SCI; Impact Factor: 2.7].
- Bhardwaj, P., Jain,C.K., Mathur, A., Comparative evaluation of four triterpenoid glycoside saponins of Bacoside A in alleviating sub-cellular oxidative stress of N2a neuroblastoma cells, Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2018. (DOI:10.1111/jphp.12993) [SCI & SCOPUS Indexed; Impact Factor: 2.309].
- Gupta,M., Prasad,Y., Sharma,S.K., Jain,C.K., Identification of Phosphoribosyl-AMP cyclohydrolase, as drug target and its inhibitors in Brucella melitensis bv. 1 16M using metabolic pathway analysis, Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, Apr 21:1-13, 2017, DOI:10.1080/07391102.2015.1137229 [Impact Factor: 2.30; Indexed in SCOPUS.
- Bhardwaj,P., Jain, C. K., Mishra,P., Mathur. A., Comparative analysis of Bacoside-A yield in field acclimatized and in-vitro propagated Bacopa monnieri. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review & Research, 44 (2); 168-175, 2017 [Indexed in SCOPUS]
- Mathur, A., Bhardwaj,P., Jain, C. K., Comparative Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of Phytochemicals in Five Different Herbal Formulations of Bacopa monnieri, International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research, 8 (4), 675-682, 2016 [Indexed in SCOPUS ]
- Jain, C. K.,Arora,S., Khanna, A., Gupta, M., Wadhwa, G., Sharma, S. K., The Ubiquitin-Proteasome Pathway an Emerging Anticancer Strategy for Therapeutics: A Patent Analysis. Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov. Vol 10, Issue No 2, Pp 201-213, 2015 [Impact factor 2.86, Indexed inSCOPUS], DOI: 10.2174/1574892810666150416111213
- Jain, C. K.,Gupta, M., Prasad,Y., Wadhwa, G., Sharma, S. K, Homology modeling and molecular dynamics simulations of a protein serine / threonine phosphatase stp1 in Staphylococcus aureus N315: a potential drug target. Molecular Simulation. Vol 41 Issue 7, Pp 592-599, 2015 [Impact Factor: 1.67, Indexed in SCOPUS].
- Jain, C. K.,Gupta, M., Prasad,Y., Wadhwa, G., Sharma, S. K., Homology modeling and protein engineering of alkane monooxygenase in Burkholderia thailandensis MSMB121: in silico insights. J of Mol Model, 20:2340, 2014 [Impact factor 1.9, Indexed in SCOPUS]
- Singh, A. Budhraj, A. Shrivastava, A. Satyavana, A.Gupta, M. Gupta, G. Wadhwa, Sharma, S K., and Jain,C. K., Current status of Anti- Tubersulosis Therapy: A Patent Analysis, Recent Patents on Anti-Infective Drug Discovery 9(1):25-40 , 2014 [Indexed in SCOPUS]
- Chauhan, R., Wadhwa,G., Sharma, S. K., and Jain, C. K., Patent Prospects Toward Therapeutics and Diagnostics of Anthrax, Recent Patents on Anti-Infective Drug Discovery , 9(1):52-61, 2014 [Indexed in SCOPUS]
- Jain CK, Gupta A, Dogra N, Kumar VS, Wadhwa G, Sharma SK , MicroRNA Therapeutics: The Emerging Anticancer Strategies, Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov. 2014 Mar 6. [Epub ahead of print], DOI 10.2174/1574892809666140307101519 [Indexed in SCOPUS ,Impact Factor: 2.7].
- R. Chhabra, A. Sachdeva, G. Mathur, P. Sharma, N. Goswami, C.K. Jain, S.K. Sharma, A. Mathur. “Enhanced Production of Fungal Chitosan from Aspergillus niger Using Statistical Optimization”. International Journal of Chitin and Chitosan Science. Vol. 2, pp. 1-5, 2014
- Kaushik,P., Jain,C., K., Gabrani,R., Singh, T. R., Study on variability assessment and evolutionary relationships of glutamate racemase in Pseudomonas species, Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences , December, Volume 5, Issue 4, pp 247-257, 2013 [Indexed in SCOPUS]
- Rana,R., Mathur,A., Jain,C K., Sharma, S K., and Mathur.G., “Microbial production of vanillin.” International Journal of Biotechnology and Bioengineering Research, Vol. 4, pp. 227-234, 2013.
- Jain, C. K.,Sethi,R., Sharma,V., Mathur, A. and Sharma,S. K., “Enhanced interaction of shuffled Mutacin IV, an antimicrobial peptide of bacterial origin, with surface protein IsdB of Staphylococcus aureus” International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 71-76, March 2014 [Impact factor:1.28] .
- Kumar, K., Rajasekharan, S., Gulati, S., Rana, J., Gabrani, R., Jain, C.K., Gupta, A., Chaudhary, V.K. and Gupta, S., “Elucidating the interacting domains of Chandipura virus nucleocapsid protein”, Advances in Virology, vol. 2013, Article ID 594319, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/ 2013/594319, 2013 [Indexed in SCOPUS, Impact factor: 1.1]
- Jain,C.K., Gupta,A., Tiwari,A., Sharma,V., Surender kumar,V., Mathur,A., Sharma,S.K., Molecular docking studies of bacoside from Bacopa maoneri L. with LRRK2 receptor, Biologia, December 2013, 68(6), 1068-1071 [Indexed in SCOPUS, Impact factor:0.5]
- Gupta A., Verma A., Mishra A. K., Wadhwa G., Sharma S.K., Jain C.K., The Wnt Pathway: Emerging Anticancer Strategies. Recent Pat Endocr Metab Immune Drug Discov. 2013, 7,138-147. [ Indexed in SCOPUS].
- Tewari,A.K., Rashi, Wadhwa,G., Sharma,S.K., Jain ,C.K., BIRS – Bioterrorism Information Retrieval System, Bioinformation 9(2): 112-115 (2013).[Indexed in PUBMED, Impact factor: 1.15]
- Gupta,M., Wadhwa,G., Sharma,S. K., Jain ,C.K., Homology modeling and validation of SAS2271 transcriptional regulator of AraC family in Staphylococcus aureus, Asian Pac J Trop Dis; 3(1): 1-4, 2013 [SCOPUS listed, Impact factor: 0.37].
- Jain, C.K.,Dasgupta, A., Taneja, N., Chaubey, S., Gabrani, R., Sharma, S.K., and Gupta, S., “Putative drug targets in Rhizopus oryzae: in-silico insight”. International Journal of Bioinformatics and Applications, 9 (6), 595-603, 2013, [Indexed in SCOPUS].
- Jain,C.K., Gupta, V., Gupta,A., Gupta,S., Wadhwa,G., Sharma,S.K., and Sarethy, I. P., StreptomycesInforSys: A web-enabled information repository,Bioinformation. 2012; 8(25): 1283–1285.[Indexed in PUBMED, Impact factor: 1.15] .
- Gupta,S., Gulati ,S., Sharma,A., Sreejith,R., Sharma, S.K. and C. K. Jain, Polyethylene glycol 4000 (PE4) as potential antiviral agent against Chandipura virus, Journal of Pharmacy Research,5(3),1605-1607, 2012.
- Singh,M., Mathur,G., Jain,C.K., Mathur,A. Phyto-pharmacological Potential of Ginkgo biloba: A Review, Journal of Pharmacy Research2012,5(10),5028-5030.
- Banerjee, K., Gupta, U., Gupta, S., Wadhwa, G., Gabrani, R., Sharma, S.K., and Jain, C.K., “Molecular docking of glucosamine-6-phosphate synthase in Rhizopus oryzae”. Bioinformation, Vol. 7(6), 285-290,2011 [Indexed in PUBMED, IF:1.15] .
- Manoj Kumar,P., Saluja,S., Pant,M., Rachana, Jain,C.K., Docking Studies to Investigate Interactions of Vasicine Molecule with Oxidative Enzymes, Journal of Pharmacy Research, 4(11) 3907-3909, 2011
- Benargee,K., Gupta,U., Gupta,S., sharma,S.K., Jain ,C.K., Functional Coevolutionary study of Glucosamine-6-Phosphate Synthase in Mycoses causing fungi,, Bioinformation 7 (1); 10-13, 2011. [Indexed in Pubmed, Impact factor:1.15 ].
- Gupta,U.,Benargee,K., Gabrani, R., Gupta,S., sharma,S.K., Jain ,C.K., Variability analysis of functional domains within Glucosamine- 6- Phosphate synthase of mycoses causing fungi , Bioinformation, Vol. 6(5), pp. 196-199 (2011) [Indexed in Pubmed, Impact factor:1.15 ].
- Mishra, A. K., Jain,C.K., Agrawal,A., Jain,S., Jain,K.S., Dudha,N., Kumar,K., Sharma,S.K., Gupta S., , CHIKVPRO – a protein sequence annotation database for Chikungumya virus, Bioinformation, Vol 5(1) , pp. 4-6, 2010.[Indexed in Pubmed,Impact factor:0.87].
- Mishra, A, Agarwal, S., Jain, C.K., Rani, V., “High GC content: Critical parameter for predicting stress regulated miRNAs in Arabidopsis thaliana”, Bioinformation,vol. 4(4), pp.151-154, 2009. [Indexed in Pubmed, Impact factor:0.87] .
- Jain, C. K., and Vishwanathan, N., “Parkinson’s disease: A perilous magic of nature”, Scientific Research and Essay, vol. 2 (7), pp 251-255, 2007.
- Lynn, A.M., Jain, C.K., Kosalai, K., Burman P. Thakur, N., Batra, H., Bhattacharya, A. “An automated annotation tool for genomic DNA sequences using GeneScan and Blast” J. of Genet. 80, 9-16, 2001. [Impact Factor:1.1]
- Passi, K, Shi, Z, Jain, C K, ,Improved Prediction of Gene Expression of Epigenomics Data of Lung Cancer Using Machine Learning and Deep Learning Models” in Knowledge Modelling and Big Data Analytics in Healthcare Edited By M. Mehta, K., Passi, I, Chatterjee, R. Patel, CRC press, 2021,Ch. 9, Pp 165-182, DOI: 10.1201/9781003142751-12, ISBN: 9781003142751
- Singh, F , Jain,C.K., Applications of Machine learning techniques in predicting the early detection of psychiatric disorders, Advances in Biotechnology and Life Sciences, Vidya Kutir Publications,New Delhi, 2020, Pp 1-12, ISBN: 978-81-948426-2-0
- Tripathi, P.K., Jain C K., Soft computingapproaches in colorectal cancer genomics, Advances in Biotechnology and Life Sciences, Vidya Kutir Publications,New Delhi, 2020 Pp 13-22, ISBN: 978-81-948426-2-0
- Ishaque,M., Tiwari,A., Jain C K.,, Crispr/cas9: A New Therapeutic for Cancer and Genetic Disorder Advances in Bioresources Biodiversity and Therapeutics © 2020 Pp 271-279 I.K. International Pvt. Ltd New Delhi
- Tripathi,P.K., Jain C K.,, Drug Resistance in Cancer , Advances in Bioresources Biodiversity and Therapeutics © 2020 Pp 271-279 , I.K. International Pvt. Ltd New Delhi
- Jain C K, Wadhwa, G., Computational Tools: RNA Interference in Fungal Therapeutics in Current trends in Bioinformatics: An Insight, Springer Nature Singapore Pvt Ltd. 2018, Pp 207-225,ISBN: 978-981-10-7483-7
PUBLICATIONS/PRESENTATIONS IN NATIONAL /INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- P. Patel, K. Passi and C. K. Jain Improving Gene Expression Prediction of Cancer Data Using Nature Inspired Optimization Algorithms, 2021 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), 2021, 978-1-6654-5841-2/21/$31.00 ©2021 IEEE, DOI 10.1109/CSCI54926.2021.00128 (Scopus indexed)
- N. Patel, K. Passi and C. K. Jain Improving Prediction Accuracy of Microarray Cancer Data with Non-negative Matrix Factorization and Its Variant, 2020IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), 2020, pp. 2227-2234, doi: 10.1109/BIBM49941.2020.9313346. (Scopus indexed)
- Oral presentation on “Computational interaction study of Human Angiotensin Converting Enzyme with Anticancer and Antimicobial Peptides in Diabetic Nephropathy”, KSN 2019, May 23-26, 2019 Seoul, South Korea, (Oral Presentation) Awarded International Travel Grant.
- O. Yadav, K. Passi and C. K. Jain, "Using Deep Learning to Classify X-ray Images of Potential Tuberculosis Patients," 2018 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), Madrid, Spain, 2018, pp. 2368-2375. doi: 10.1109/BIBM.2018.8621525 (Scopus indexed)
- K. Passi, P. Draper, J. Santala and C. Jain, "Microarray Data Analysis of Yeast Data Using Sparse Non-negative Matrix Factorization," 2017 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), Las Vegas, NV, 2017, pp. 1259-1264. doi: 10.1109/CSCI.2017.221
- P. Bhardwaj, C. K. Jain and A. Mathur. Abiotic parameters mediated transcriptional regulation of HMG-CoA reductase in in-vitro culture of Bacopa monnieri. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics, 2018, Vol. 9, pp. JPP 42
- K. Passi, A. Nour, C. K. Jain Markov blanket: Efficient strategy for feature subset selection method for high dimensional microarray cancer datasets, Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), 2017 IEEE, 1864-1871, DOI 978-1-5090-3050-7/17/$31.00 ©2017 IEEE [Indexed in SCOPUS] .
- J. Sun, K. Passi, C. Jain, Increasing Efficiency of Microarray Analysis by PCA and Machine Learning Methods Int'l Conf. Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BIOCOMP'16) , Athens, 2016,Proceedings of the International Conference on Bioinformatics & Computational Biology (BIOCOMP)56-63.
- J. Sun, K. Passi, C.K. Jain ,Improved microarray data analysis using feature selection methods with machine learning methods, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM) , 1527-1534. 978-1-5090-1610-5/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/BIBM.2016.7822748 [Indexed in SCOPUS].
- P. Bhardwaj, C. K. Jain and A. Mathur. Abiotic parameters mediated transcriptional regulation of HMG-CoA reductase in in-vitro culture of Bacopa monnieri. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics, 2018, Vol. 9, pp. JPP 42
- Prasad Y., Biswas K. K. and Hanmandlu M., C K Jain "Variance based Particle Swarm Optimization for Function Optimization and Feature Selection", SEMCCO-15, Hyderabad, India, December 18-20, 2015 Springer (Accepted; Indexed in SCOPUS).
- The Annual International Conference on Science and Engineering in Biology, Medical and Public Health, BioMedPub 2013, held at Jakarta, Indonesia, 16-18 August, 2013 published paper Y. Prasad, K. K. Biswas, C. K. Jain, and M. K. Thakur, siRNA Efficacy Prediction Using Multi-Task Multiple Kernel Learning Adv. Sci. Eng. Med. 6, 124-126 (2014) (Session chair and Oral presentation; Dr. Chakresh Kumar Jain).
- A. K. Tewari, V. S. Kumar, A. Gupta, V. Sharma, C.K. Jain. “Variation analysis in DNA gyrase subunit A using in-silico techniques”. In Proc. International Conference on Bioproducts and Omics Revolution, pp 04, 2013. [Third Prize Poster Presentation].
- Rashi, C. K. Jain. “Network Biology: Drug target identification in Microbes”. In Proc. International Conference on Bioproducts and Omics Revolution, pp 42, 2013.
- S. Dhaliwal, P. Nag, G. Singh, C. K. Jain. “Study the functional characterization of microarray data using gene ontology”. In Proc. International Conference on Bioproducts and Omics Revolution, pp 17, 2013.
- Attended Delhi International Renewable Energy Conference-2010 organized by Ministry of New and RenewableEnergy, Govt. of India, 27.10.2010 -29.10.2010.
- Jain, C K.,Prasad., Y., Modeling for Evaluation of Significant Features in siRNA Design. In Proceedings of IC3 (1) 2010: 559-567. [Indexed SCOPUS, Oral Presentation].
- Jain, C.K.,Prasad, Y.“Feature selection for siRNA efficacy prediction using natural computation” accepted in international symposium on innovations in natural computing (INC09) with NaBIC09, Cochin, India,Dec.12-13, 2009 published in theIEEE proceedings of the World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (NaBIC'09), pp.1759-1764, 2009. [Indexed SCOPUS].
- Prasad, Y., Biswas,K.K., Jain, C.K.,” SVM Classifier Based Feature Selection Using GA, ACO and PSO for siRNA Design”, ICSI 2010,Beijing, China, June,2010, Part II, LNCS 6146, pp. 307–314, 2010 (Indexed in Scopus)
- Gupta, N., Gupta, S., Khare, V., Jain, C. K., and Akhter, S., “An efficient model to decipher the Electroencephalogram signals using machine learning approach” in Biomed 2008(4th Kuala Lumpur International Conference on Biomedical Engineering 2008), Kualalumpur, Malysia, 25-28 June 2008 published in IFMBE Proceedings , Vol. 21, 2008, pp.782-785. [Indexed in SCOPUS, Oral Presentation].
- Jain, C. K.,Sharma, A., Sharma, S. K., and Shukla, Y P., ”Frequency Distribution Analysis in 23S rRNA Sequences of Streptococcus & Helicobacter Sp. Using Mutual Information Theory”, in WCECS 2008 proceedings, San francisco, USA, Oct.22-24, 2008, pp 21-23. [Indexed in Web of Science]
- Jain, S., Shukla, Y.P., and Jain, C.K., “A novel approach for turn prediction in protein structure”, International Conference of Applied Bioengineering (iCAB07), 5-7 December, Chennai, 2007 pp.118-121. [Indexed in Web of Science].
- Jain, C.K.,and Shukla, Y.P., “Microarray Data Analysis Using Optimized Natural Computation”, in International Conference of Bioinformatics (INCOB06), New Delhi, December.18-20, 2006, pp. 59. [Indexed in Web of Science].
- R. Rana, A. Mathur, CK Jain, SK Sharma, G. Mathur. “Biotransformation of ferulic acid to vanillin by soil isolate”, in proc.54th Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologist of India (AMI-2013), 2013, pp. 384.
- Banerjee, K., Gupta, U., Gabrani, R., and Jain, C. K., “Molecular docking of Glucosamine-6-phosphate synthetase: A potential antifungal target in Rhizopus oryzae” 1st National symposium on Biotechnology Genomics Meet, Delhi Technological University, Delhi, October 29-30, 2010, pp.39. (Poster-First Prize)
- C.K. Jain, Yamuna Prasad Shukla, Computer aided Design for homologues of osmotin(Plant Stress protein): an Antidiabetic ligand National Conference on Emerging Trends in Drug Designing and Synthesis, Nagpur, Jan 2007, pp23.
- Organized A workshop on Omics Data Analytics on 16th -17th April, 2021, at JIIT, NOIDA.
- Emerging Trends in Biomathematics: Lecture program in Mathematical and Computational Biology, organised by Department of Biotechnology and Department of Mathematics, JIIT, NOIDA jointly with National Network for Mathematical and Computational Biology (NNMCB), Delhi Node, Sponsored by SERB, DST, Government of India. Nov-29, 2014.
- Faculty Development Program, Applications of Bioinformatics in Diseases and Drug discovery during July 28th – August 2nd , 2014
- Bioproducts and the OMICS Revolution,in association with Scientity Inc., as part of the Biotechnology Conference Series, March 16-17, 2013.
- Bioproducts from Natural Sources, in association with Scientity Inc, UK, as part of the Biotechnology Conference Series.February 3, 2011,
- Scientific Writing & Publishing,workshop, under the aegis of American Society of Microbiology (ASM, Indian Chapter), September 28, 2012.
- IP Awareness and Innovation, workshop in association with Global Institute of Intellectual Property, New Delhi. February 21, 2012.
- Plant Bio-products and Industrial Scale-Up,workshop in collaboration with Sanat Products Ltd. (a unit of Dabur India Ltd.), July 5-9, 2010
- National conference, ‘Biodiversity and Agribiotechnology’, DBT sponsored April 25, 2009.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES/ NATIONAL/ INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEES
- Life Member, Association of Microbiologists of India.
- Life member of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), New Delhi.
- CONTRIBUTION IN STUDENTS EXTRA & CO- CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Faculty Coordinator, RIBOSE (Technical Hub, Department of Biotechnology, JIIT Noida)
INVITED LECTURES DELIVERED
- Delivered a talk “ Data mining and AI in Drug Discovery Faculty Development Program on Innovation in Drug delivery Technologies from 25.07.2022 to 30.07.2022 organized by Department of Biotechnology, JIIT, NOIDA on 27.07.2022.
- Delivered a talk “ Omics data analysis : a new era in Biological sciences” in national science day , Jiwaji University, Gwalior, organized by MPSCST, School of studies in Biochemistry, on 6/03/2021
- Delivered a lecture at Summer School in the module “Network Science” on 13/07/2018 at School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, JawaharLal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Delivered a talk on “Emerging trends in Bioinformatics: A Perspective Towards Medical Science” at APPICON -2015, 28 Nov 2015 (National Conference), All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), Jodhpur, (Raj).
- Journal of Molecular Graphics & Modelling (Elsevier)
- IEEE Access
- FEBS Letters
- BMC Bioinformatics
- Computational Biology and Chemistry (Elsevier)
- Journal of Environmental Health Science and Engineering (BioMed Central )
- Journal of Interdisciplinary Sciences--Computational Life Sciences (Springer)
- Metabolomics Journal, Journal of Data Mining in Genomics & Proteomics, Journal of Glycomics & Lipidomics (Omics Publishing Group).
- Completed: 01 ( Supervisor 2)
- Ongoing : 03