Assistant Professor (Grade-I)
- Ph. D [Economics], IIT Roorkee, Roorkee (2019)
- M. Phil [Development Economics], Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, Punjab (2013)
- M.A. [Economics], Panjab University, Chandigarh (2011)
- B.A. [Economics Honors], GCW Ludhiana, Punjab (2009)
Dr. Amandeep Kaur has done her Ph.D in Development Economics from IIT Roorkee. After completing her Ph.D, she has worked as an Assistant Professor, Economics, at the BRG Government Girls College, Rajasthan for six months.
- Micro Economics
- Development Economics
- Labour Economics
- Rural Development
- Kaur, A., Arora, Akarsh and Singh, S.P.(2019).Employment Diversification in Rural India: Nature, Patterns and Determinants. Ager: Journal of Depopulation and Rural Development Studies. 27, (ISSN: 1578-7168). DOI: 10.4422/ager.2019.02 (pp1-38)
- Kaur, A., Arora, Akarsh and Singh, S.P. (2019). Is Rural Non-Farm Employment helping in Poverty Reduction as it is believed to be? An Empirical Analysis of Indian Regions. Journal of Economic and Social Development. 15(2), (ISSN: 0973-886X).
- Kaur, A. and Singh, S.P.(2015). Extent of Employment Diversification in Rural India: An Inter-State Analysis. Summaries of 57th Annual Indian Society of Labour Economics Conference, Institute for Human Development. New Delhi. (ISBN: 978-81-88315-50-5).
- Kaur, A. (2019). Research Methodology in Social Sciences. Paper presented at Tantiya University, Sri Ganganagar, India.
- Kaur, A. and Singh, S.P. (2015). Extent of Employment Diversification in Rural India: An Inter-State Analysis. Paper presented at 57th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics, Central University of Kashmir, Srinagar, India.
- Kaur, A. and Singh, S.P.(2014). Rural Non-Farm Sector and Poverty Odds: An Inter-regional analysis in India. Paper presented at 18th Indian Political Economic Association Conference, Giri Institute of Development Studies, Lucknow, India.
- Kaur, A. and Singh, S.P. (2014). Changing Inter-regional disparity in the post statehood of Uttarakhand. Paper presented at National Conference on Revisiting Development Paradigms for Uttarakhand, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
- Arora, Akarsh and Kaur, A. (2013). Analysis of Pro-poor Growth among Empowered Action Group (EAG) states in India: Evidence from 61st and 66th NSSO Rounds. Paper presented at Pan-IIM World Management Conference on Emerging Issues in Management, Goa, India.
- Attended National Seminar on ‘Environment and Health’, organized by Central University of Punjab, Bathinda on September 27, 2011.
- Participated in declamation-cum-paper reading competition in the 3rd Chandigarh Social Science Congress at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Attended National seminar on ‘Economic Reforms, Growth and Income Distribution: Implications for Emerging India’, under the aegis of UGC-SAP (Economics), organized by Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh on March 30, 2011.
- Attended ‘Workshop on Research Methodology in Economics &Allied Studies for Ph.D. Students’ organized by Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Roorkee during January11-20, 2016.
- Attended ‘Workshop on Development in India’, organizedby Azim Premji University and New Economic Thinking, Bangalore during June30-July6, 2014.
- Successfully completed short term course on ‘Qualitative Methods in Labour Research’, organized by the V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, NOIDA during June16-27, 2014.
- Attended two days’ workshop on ‘Health Economics’ organizedby MLBMedical College & Hospital, Jhansi (UP) during April 6-7, 2014.
- Attended one day workshop on ‘Qualitative Research Methods in Social Sciences and Humanities’organized by the Q.I.P. Center and Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Roorkee on October12, 2013.
- Attended workshop on ‘Panel Data Regression Analysis’ organized by the Q.I.P. Center and Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Roorkee, during March7-8, 2013.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- UGC-Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) (2013-2015) in Economics.
- UGC-Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) (2015-2018) in Economics.
- University Fellowship, M.Phil. (Development Economics) during 2011-13 in Central University of Punjab (CUP), Bathinda, Punjab [Gold Medalist].
- State Scholarshipfor securing 1stposition at state level in 12th (Humanities) during 2005-06.
- ‘Guru Teg Bahadur Award ‘and Gold Medal by G.T.B Khalsa Senior Secondary School, Malout, Punjab [State Topper].