My career goal is to imbibe virtues of being a good educator and researcher and deliver in best possible way to help students and the society. During my teaching career of more than 25 yrs I have taught many courses such as Data Structures, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Theory of Computations and Formal languages, Algorithm and Problem Solving, Soft Computing, Fuzzy Logic, Pattern Recognition, Digital Image Processing, Computer Vision, etc. I have many research publications in various Conferences and Journals of repute. The areas that interest me for my future research stem from my goal of developing improved analytical/ predictive models and methods for better health care. Apart from presentations in conferences, I have given talks in few FDPs and conducted hands on training sessions for students. I have supervised more than 100 student projects and thesis at graduate and undergraduate level. I also serve as a reviewer for a number of journals and conferences. Apart from these, I have served on a number of committees, taskforces, and work groups to organize various events.
- Ph.D (Computer Science & Engineering) from JIIT, NOIDA, March 2017.
- M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering) from U.P.T.U.
- B.E. (Computer Science & Engineering) from Utkal University, Odisha.
- Presently working as Assistant Professor (Sr. Grade) in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT), Sector 62, NOIDA, U.P. from January 2019 to till date.
- Prior to served as a faculty in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at JSS Academy of Technical Education, Sector 62, NOIDA, U.P. and in KIIT, Bhubaneswar, Odisha..
Pattern Recognition, Computational Intelligence, Digital Image Processing, Computer Science Education..
- Dr. Varsha Garg (Awarded:Aug 2022); Title: Effective Identification of Endometrial Tuberculosis for Infertility using Machine Learning; Co-Guide: Prof. Vikas Saxena
- Ms. Bhavna Bansal (Thesis Submitted: Jun 23); Area: Metaheuristics in Multi-Omic Data Analytics
- Ms. Anupama Padha (Ongoing); Area: Quantum Machine Learning for Time-series Data Analytics
- Ms. Kajol Kathuria (Ongoing); Area: Early Detection of Melanoma Cancer; Co-Guide: Dr. Chakresh Jain
Google Scholar Link: : https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=maZrlYcAAAAJ&hl=en
- Padha, A., Sahoo, A. MAQML: a Meta-approach to Quantum Machine Learning with Accentuated Sample Variations for Unobtrusive Mental Health Monitoring. Quantum Mach. Intell. 5, 17 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s42484-023-00108-1 (Publisher: Springer, ESCI, Scopus indexed, IF:4.8)
- Bansal, B., Sahoo, A., Multi-omics data fusion using adaptive GTO guided Non-negative matrix factorization for cancer subtype discovery, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Volume 228, January 2023, 107246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmpb.2022.107246 (Publisher: Elsevier, SCI, Scopus indexed, IF: 6.1)
- Prashant Kumar, Sneha Adhikari, Parul Agarwal, and Anita Sahoo. 2022. Stock Prices Prediction Based on Social Influence & Historic Data. In Proceedings of the 2022 Fourteenth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3-2022). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 276–283. https://doi.org/10.1145/3549206.3549257. (ACM, Scopus indexed)
- Anupama Padha and Anita Sahoo. 2022. Quantum Enhanced Machine Learning for Unobtrusive Stress Monitoring. In Proceedings of the 2022 Fourteenth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3-2022). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 476–483. https://doi.org/10.1145/3549206.3549288. (ACM, Scopus indexed)
- Garg, V, Sahoo, A, and Saxena, V., “Identification of Endometrial Tuberculosis in Infertility using Non-Subsampled Contourlet based Convolution Neural Network”, Expert Systems with Applications, Sep 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2022.117282 (Publisher: Elsevier, SCIE, Scopus indexed)
- Bansal, B., & Sahoo, A., “Bansal, B., Sahoo, A. Chaotic driven gorilla troops optimizer based NMF approach for integrative analysis of multiple source data. Int. j. inf. tecnol. (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s41870-022-00928-7 (Publisher: Springer, Scopus indexed)
- Bhavana Bansal and Anita Sahoo, “Hybrid Gorilla Troops Optimizer based-NMF algorithm for Integrative Data Analysis”, 3rd Doctoral Symposium on Computational Intelligence (DOSCI 2022) (Springer, Scopus indexed)
- Anupama Padha, and Anita Sahoo, “Ensemble of Parametrized Quantum LSTM Neural Networks for Multimodal Stress Monitoring”, 3rd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Advances and Applications (ICAIAA 2022), April 23-24, 2022 (Springer, Scopus indexed)
- A. Padha and A. Sahoo, "A Parametrized Quantum LSTM Model for Continuous Stress Monitoring," 2022 9th International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom), 2022, pp. 261-266, doi: 10.23919/INDIACom54597.2022.9763118. (IEEE, Scopus indexed)
- Bansal, B., Nanda, A., & Sahoo, A. (2022). Intelligent Framework With Controlled Behavior for Gene Regulatory Network Reconstruction. International Journal of Information Retrieval Research (IJIRR), 12(1), 1-17. http://doi.org/10.4018/IJIRR.2022010104 (Indexed in ESCI)
- Garg, V., Sahoo, A. & Saxena, V. A cognitive approach to endometrial tuberculosis identification using hierarchical deep fusion method. Soft Comput (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-021-06474-x (Indexed in SCIE)
- Garg V., Sahoo A., Saxena V., “FusionFramework for Morphological and Multispectral Textural Features for Identificationof Endometrial Tuberculosis”, In Proceedings of International Conference on Contemporary Computing IC3 ’21, August 05–07, 2021, Noida, India © 2021 Association for Computing Machinery. ACM ISBN 978-1-4503-8920-4/21/08. . . $15.00 https://doi.org/10.1145/3474124.3474150 (Indexed in Scopus)
- Garg, V., Sahoo, A. & Saxena, V. Enhanced textural analysis for endometrial tuberculosis identification from ultrasound images. International Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 13, pp. 657–666, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41870-020-00605-7 (Indexed in Scopus)
- Varsha Garg, Anita Sahoo, Vikas Saxena, “Identification of female genital tuberculosis in infertility using textural features”, International Journal of Swarm Intelligence, (In Press), 2021. DOI: 10.1504/IJSI.2021.10037151
- Garg V., Sahoo A., Saxena V., “Gradient Local Auto Correlation Co-occurrence Machine Learning Model for Endometrial Tuberculosis Identification”, In Proceedings of International Conference on Machine Intelligence and Data Science Applications, Algorithms for Intelligent Systems, Springer, Singapore, pp 581-593, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-33-4087-9_48 (Indexed in Scopus)
- B. Bansal, A. Nanda and A. Sahoo, "Issuesand Strategies for Modeling Gene Regulatory Networks," 2020 Research, Innovation, Knowledge Management and Technology Application for Business Sustainability (INBUSH), 2020, pp. 39-43, doi: 10.1109/INBUSH46973.2020.9392183. (Indexed in Scopus)
- D. Srivastava, Y. Singh and A. Sahoo, "Auto Tuning of RNN Hyper-parameters using Cuckoo Search Algorithm," 2019 Twelfth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), 2019, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/IC3.2019.8844900. (Indexed in Scopus)
- Anita Sahoo, "Adaptive Noise Cancellation from Color Images Using a Novel T-S Fuzzy System for Noise Detection", IEEE- International Conference on Recent Innovations in Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering, 27-28 July 2018. (Indexed in Scopus)
- Monika, Anita Sahoo, “A hybrid filter-wrapper feature selection method for stress detection and monitoring among employees at workspaces”, International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering, Vol.6, Issue.6, pp.831-836, June 2018. (Indexed in ICI)
- A. Sahoo, S. Chandra, "Multi-Objective Grey Wolf Optimizer for Improved Cervix Lesion Classification", Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 52, pp. 64-80, 2017. (Publisher: Elsevier, Indexed in SCI, Scopus etc.)
- Ayushi Rathore, Vatsal Sharma, Shreyas Nanaware and Anita Sahoo, "Effective Greenhouse Monitoring and Controlling Using Recurrent Fuzzy Neural Network", Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 12 (9), pp. 8574-8578, 2017. (Indexed in Scopus)
- S. Agarwal, B. Bansal, A. Sahoo, “Technological Challenges in IOT based Healthcare Systems”, 4th International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development, BVICAM, India, pp. 546-551, 01- 03 Mar, 2017. (Indexed in Scopus)
- A. Sahoo, S. Chandra, "Improved Cervix Lesion Classification using Multi-Objective Binary Firefly Algorithm based Feature Selection", International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, Vol. 8(6), pp. 367-378, 2016. (Publisher: Inderscience, Indexed in SCI, Scopus etc.)
- Tarunika, A. Sahoo, "Securing QR Codes with Encryption Schemes: A Survey", International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering, Vol. 04(07), pp. 168-191, Jul 2016. (Indexed in Scopus, 2015 Impact Factor: 2.162)
- Bansal, A. Sahoo, “Bat Algorithm for Full Model Selection in Classification: A Multi-objective Approach”, International Journal of Innovations & Advancement in Computer Science, Vol. 4, pp. 376-384, Mar 2015. (DIIF Impact Factor: 2.65)
- G. Kulshestha, A. Agarwal, A. Mittal, A. Sahoo, “Hybrid cuckoo search algorithm for simultaneous feature and classifier selection”, IEEE Sponsored International Conference on Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP 2015), pp. 1-6, Mar 2015. (Indexed in Scopus)
- B. Bansal, A. Sahoo, “Full Model Selection Using Bat Algorithm”, IEEE Sponsored International Conference on Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP 2015), pp. 1-4, Mar 2015. (Indexed in Scopus)
- S. Jaiswal, S. Bhadouria, A. Sahoo, “KNN Model Selection using Modified Cuckoo Search Algorithm”,IEEE Sponsored International Conference on Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP 2015), pp. 1-5, Mar 2015. (Indexed in Scopus)
- A. Sahoo, S. Chandra, “Meta-heuristic approaches for active contour model based medical image segmentation”, International Journal of Advances in Soft Computing and Its Applications, Vol. 6(2), pp. 1-22, July 2014 (Indexed in Scopus)
- A. Sahoo, S. Chandra, “Medical image segmentation schemes for the analysis of gynaecological malignancies“, International Journal of Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Engineering Systems, IOS Press, Vo. 17(4), pp. 291-304, Nov 2013. (Indexed in Scopus)
- Sharma, A. Zaidi, R. Singh, S. Jain, A. Sahoo, "Optimization of SVM classifier using Firefly algorithm," 2013 IEEE Second International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP), pp.198-202, 9-11 Dec. 2013, doi: 10.1109/ICIIP.2013.6707582 (indexed in IEEE Xplore digital library)
- A. Sahoo, S. Chandra, "L'evy-flight firefly algorithm based active contour model for medical image segmentation," Sixth IEEE Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), 2013 , vol. 162, pp.159, 8-10 Aug. 2013 (Indexed in Scopus)
- A. Sahoo, S. Chandra, “A Novel Gaussian Firefly Algorithm for ROI Extraction from Medical Images”, IEEE Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), pp 919-924, 2013
- S. Hiremath, A. Sahoo, “Robust Image Watermarking By Establishing Adaptive Attributes”, Mobile Communication and Power Engineering, Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS), Vol. 296, pp 512-515, 2013 (Indexed in Scopus)
- K. Upreti, K. Verma, A. Sahoo, “Variable Bits Secure System for Color Images”, IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computing, Control, and Telecommunication Technologies, 2-3 Dec 2010, Jakarta, Indonesia, pp. 105-107, 2010. (Indexed in Scopus)
- A. Sahoo, M. P. Singh, “Color Image Restoration Using Fuzzy Logic based Morphological Filter”, Third Global Conference on Power Control and Optimization 2010, 2-4 Feb, Gold Coast, Australia, 2010
- A. Sahoo, S. Rohal, N. Khan, P. Pandey, M. Srivastava, “Color Image Restoration Using Morphological Detectors and Adaptive Filter”, Springer International Conference on Contemporary Computing IC3 2009, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, CCIS 40, pp. 381–388, 2009. (Indexed in Scopus)
- A. Sahoo, M. P. Singh, "Fuzzy Weighted Adaptive Linear Filter for Color Image Restoration Using Morphological Detectors", International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, Sep. 2009, Vol.1 (3), pp. 217-221, 2009.
- A. Sahoo, R. Pandey, S. Singh, S. Bhatt, R. P. Singh, “Fuzzy Logic Based Collision Free Path Planning in a Dynamic Environment”, International Conference on Information Processing ICIP-2009, 7-9 Aug, pp 638-643, Bangalore, 2009.
- A. Sahoo, “State of the Art in the field of Image Restoration”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Embedded Technology, 14 Feb 2009, SGIT College, Ghaziabad, 2009.
- A. Sahoo, “A Novel Noise Removal Technique for Still Images based on Local Entropy and Fractals”, National Conference on Future Trends in Applications of Computers in Science & Technology, 7-8 Feb 2009, IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad, 2009
- V. Saxena, A. Sahoo, “Exploiting 4-Neighborhood Concept in Feature based Image Morphing”, CSI International Conference on Emerging Applications of IT, 10-11 Feb 2006, CSI Kolkata.
- Published a patent application for the invention titled “A method to set a threshold value for a Flex sensor” in the name of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida. Application No: 202111027482, Publication Date: 14th Jan 2022. Inventors: Vikas Saxena, Himani Bansal, Anita Sahoo, Swapnil Kusumwal, Sidharth Ranjan Singh and Yashvardhan Verma.
- Published a patent application for the invention titled "A Novel Process for Ambient Screen Control Automation System” Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida. Application No.: 202211031888, Publication Date: 10th June 2022. Inventors: Anita Sahoo, Vikas Saxena, Himani Bansal, Ishan Jain, Mayur Bansal, Pradhuman Gupta
Workshop and FDP organized/ attended (last three years):
- Organized One Week Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Green IoT for Sustainable Development, 13-17 June, 2022, JIIT Sec-62, NOIDA, India
- One Week Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Green IoT for Sustainable Development, 13-17 June, 2022, JIIT Sec-62, NOIDA, India
- Two-weeks training program for faculty members on AICTE Student Learning Assessment – STTP-PARAKH in collaboration with Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC), Mar 07-22, 2022, AICTE, India
- One-week AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online Advanced FDP on "Quantum Computing-Building Concepts" Feb 07-11, 2022, Amity Institute of Information Technology, India
- One-week AICTE-ISTE approved Refresher Program on “Recent Advancement in ML and AI”, Dec 16-22, 2021, BVCE, New Delhi, India
- Attended Two Week Summer School Technically sponsored by IEEE, UPSEC on “Industry 4.0, Security and Technological Ascpects”, 9-21st Aug, 2021, JIIT, NOIDA, India.
- Attended One Week FDP on “Recent Trends of Artificial Intelligence in Electronics Devices and Systems”, 19-24th July, 2021, JIIT, NOIDA, India.
- Attended One Week FDP on “Deep Learning in NLP”, 28 th June - 3 rd July, 2021, JIIT, NOIDA, India.
- Attended Hands-on on NVIDIA-DGX workstation, 18 - 20 March 2021, JIIT, NOIDA, India.
- Attended One Week FDP on “Data Science” under AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy scheme, 14 – 18 Dec 2020, Central Univ. of Kerala, India.
- Attended One Week FDP on “Quantum Computing” under AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy scheme, 23 – 27 Nov 2020, MNIT Jaipur, India.
- Attended One Week FDP on “Artificial Intelligence” under AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy scheme, 15-19 Oct 2020, KIIT, Odisha, India.
- Attended One Week Competency Development Program on “Competency Development Programme on Research Methodology and Data Analysis”, 27-31 July 2020, JBS, NOIDA, India.
- Organized CSI, Ghaziabad Chapter co-sponsored One Week FDP on “Research Aspects in Modern Analytics and Cyber Security”, 20-24 July 2020, JIIT, NOIDA, India.
- Attended One Week FDP on “Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence in Data Science (MAD2020)”, 8 – 12 June, 2020, JIIT, NOIDA.
- Organized Orientation Programme on “OBE and Accreditation”, 6 – 7 Nov 2019, Sec-62, JIIT, NOIDA, India
- Organized Orientation Programme on “OBE and Accreditation”, 17th Nov 2019, Sec-128, JIIT, NOIDA, India
Other Academic Activities (last three years):
- Coordinator, Centre of Excellence on AI for Education, JIIT, Noida.
- NBA co-coordinator, JIIT NOIDA, 2020-till date.
- OBE co-coordinator, JIIT NOIDA, 2021-till date.
- NAAC co-coordinator, JIIT NOIDA, 2019-2021.
- Session manager in 2021 Thirteenth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3-2021), 05-07th Aug 2021, JIIT, NOIDA, India.
- Publication Co-chair, 2022 International Conference on Informatics (ICI-2022), 14-16 Apr, 2022
- Speaker: Delivered lecture on “AI in Medicines” on 5 th Dec 2020 in Webinar Series On Key Topics in Computer Science and Information Technology, Nov-Dec 2020, JIIT, NOIDA.
- Speaker: Invited Lecture on “Outcome based Learning” delivered in Faculty Development Program on “Innovative Teaching –Learning Methodologies” conducted by HSS Dept, Sec-128, JIIT NOIDA on 10th Dec 2019.
- Speaker: Delivered a talk on “Outcome Based Learning Pedagogy” during a One Week FDP sponsored by MHRD under TEQIP-III on Outcome based Pedagogic Principles for Effective Teaching Learning, 31st Jan – 3rd Feb 2019, ABES EC, Ghaziabad under the auspices of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University.
- DPMAC member of 5 PhD candidates
- Reviewer of research articles submitted to peer reviewed International Journals of repute.
- TPC member in various International Conferences
- Supervisor: 3 Ph.D (1 completed, 2 ongoing); more than 10 M.Tech Thesis and many B.Tech. projects
- Member of IEEE (MIEEE) - # 93139666
- ACM membership #6056044
- Life Time Membership of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) - #44024
- Life Time Membership of Society for Research and Development (SRD) - #SRDLM00023
- Life Time Membership of International Association of Engineers (IAENG) - #148128