- PH D (COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING)
- M.Tech.(COMPUTER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY), IIT, ROORKEE
- B.E (ECE), NAGPUR UNIVERITY, NAGPUR.
GATE QUALIFIED. Life Member of ISTE. PROFESSIONAL MEMBER ACM
With almost two decades of experience as an academician and related academic activities. I have been teaching subjects at under graduate and post-graduate levels. These subjects include CLOUD COMPUTING, DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING, ADVANCED OPERATING SYSTEMS OPERATING SYSTEMS, MICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLERS, COMPUTER NETWORKS, PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES, SYSTEMS AND NETWORK PROGRAMMING etc. During my teaching career of almost two decades, I have been involved in other academic activities too. I have been involved as a reviewer of international conference proceedings. I have supervised under graduate and post-graduate student’s projects/thesis. Apart from academics, I have been actively involved in organizing international conferences (viz. Chair , Local Organization Committee, International Conference on Contemporary Computing), Faculty Advisor, Jaypee Youth Club, Noida(JYC), and had been an active member of various disciplinary committees.
Previously I had been involved as Guest faculty, Expert Member of Selection committee, External expert of Major Project Evaluation, Head Examiner. Delivered Key Notes in Workshops.
Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, Virtualization Technology, Distributed Computing, Computer Networks and Embedded Systems.
Work Experience: 22+ Years in academics.
- October 2004 to till date JIIT Noida.
- Past experience of UPTU and IndraPrastha University colleges in UP and DELHI respectively.
- 2+ years of Industry experience.
- Gaurav Chhatwal, Rishabh Shah, Kavita Pandey and Prakash Kumar, "Developing Cloud OS", I.J. Information Technology and Computer Science, 2018, 4, pp. 26-32, 8th april,
- Prakash Kumar, Punit Gupta “Cloud Data Sec- Secure Data Sharing on the Cloud”, International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, SCOPUS INDEXED, Vol. 9, No: 45, pp 167-175, December, 2016.
- Prakash Kumar, Krishna Gopal, JP Gupta, “Fault Aware Load Balancing Algorithm for Content Delivery Network.” Special issue on“Frontiers in Intelligent Systems Development (FISD). IIOAB JOURNAL, SCOPUS indexed, Vol. 7(2), pp.9-24, January, 2016.
- Prakash Kumar, Krishna Gopal, JP Gupta, “System Parameter based approaches for Virtual Machine Migration and Dynamic Load Balancing using open source Xen VMM. “Special issue on “Frontiers in Intelligent Systems Development (FISD)". IIOAB JOURNAL SCOPUS indexed, Vol. 7(2), pp.34-44, January, 2016.
Shairal Tanwar, Prakash Kumar, “Energy-Aware Computing for Infrastructure Clouds using DVFS”, Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Internet of Things and Connected Technologies (ICIoTCT), 2018 held at Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (India) on March 26-27, 2018, SCOPUS, DBLP indexed.
- Rajalakshmi, K., Kumar, Prakash, and M. Hima Bindu, “"Hybridizing Iterative Local Search Algorithm for Assigning Cells to Switch in Cellular Mobile Network", International Journal of Soft Computing, vol. 5, No. 1, pp: 7-12, 2010.
- Prakash Kumar, Krishna Gopal, J P Gupta, “Open Source Virtual Machines on Xen: Creation, Implementation and Analysis”, Journal of Information Sciences and Computing Technologies, Vol. 3 Issue 1, pp.186-190, 2015.
- Prakash Kumar, Krishna Gopal, J P Gupta, ” Scheduling Algorithms for Cloud: A Survey and Analysis” Journal of Information Sciences and Computing Technologies, Vol. 3, Issue 1, pp. 162-169 , 2015.
- Mallika Malhotra, Sanya Kapoor, Prakash Kumar, " Dynamic scaling of web services for Xen based virtual cloud environment",IC3- 2014, Seventh International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), 2014 Seventh International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), pp. 212-217, 2014.
- Priyanka Sethi,Prakash Kumar, “ Leveraging hadoop framework to develop duplication detector and analysis using Mapreduce, Hive and Pig.” IC3- 2014, Seventh International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), 2014 Seventh International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), pp. 454-460, 2014.
- Pritee Parwekar, Mayuri Saxena, Prakash Kumar, Sakshi Saxena, “ Public Auditing: Cloud Data Storage “,5th IEEE International Conference, CONFLUENCE 2014, The Next Generation Information Technology Summit. , pp. 169- 173, 2014
- Kumar, P. Gopal, K. Gupta, J.P. “VIMCLOUD: A Trust Aware Cloud Computing Framework “, 2nd International Conference on Eco-friendly Computing and Communication Systems (ICECCS 2013).
- Kumar, P. Gopal, K. Gupta, J.P. “Fault Aware Honey Bee Scheduling Algorithm For Cloud Infrastructure”, 4th IEEE International Conference, CONFLUENCE 2013. The Next Generation Information Technology Summit, 2013.
- Gupta P., Goyal M.K., Kumar P., “Trust and reliability based load balancing algorithm for cloud IaaS”, Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Advance Computing Conference, IACC 2013, pp. 65-69, 2013.
- Goyal M.K., Aggarwal A., Gupta P., Kumar P., “QoS based trust management model for Cloud IaaS”, 2nd IEEE International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing, PDGC 2012, article no. 6449933, pp. 843-847. 2012.
- Gupta P., Goyal M.K., Kumar P., Aggarwal A., “Trust and reliability based scheduling algorithm for cloud IaaS”, 2013 Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering 150 LNEE, pp. 603-607, 2013.
- K. Rajalakshmi, Prakash Kumar, Hima M. Bindu, “Targeting cells to switch assignment of cellular mobile network using heuristic algorithm”, In Proceedings of the 14th WSEAS international conference on Computers, LATEST TRENDS on COMPUTERS , vol. 1, pp: 75-80, USA, July 23-25, 2010.
- Krishnamurthi, Rajalakshmi, Kumar, Prakash and Bindu, Hima M., “Solving Base Station Subsystem Assignment Problem in Mobile Communication Networks Using Hybridized Heuristic Algorithm”, Advanced Intelligent Computing Theories and Applications, 6th International Conference on Intelligent Computing, ICIC 2010.
- Mishra, A., Jhapate, A.K., Kumar, P., “Improved genetic feedback algorithm based network security policy frame work”, International Conference on Future Networks (ICFN 2010), pp. 8-10, 2010.
- Mishra, Atish, Jhapate, Arun Kumar, and Kumar, Prakash, "Designing Rule Base for Genetic Feedback Algorithm Based Network Security Policy Framework Using State Machine", International Conference on Signal Processing Systems, pp. 415-417, May, 2009.
- Mishra, Atish, and Kumar, Prakash, " Storing Scheme for State Machine Based Rule Base of Genetic Feedback Algorithm Based Network Security Policy Framework Depending on Memory Consumption", International Conference on Information and Network Technology (ICINT 2009), Perth, Australia.July, 2009.
Conferences/ Workshops Attended
- Presented paper in 2nd International Conference on Eco-friendly Computing and Communication Systems (ICECCS 2013) , JUIT, Waknaghat, Solan, October, 2013.
- Presented paper in CONFLUENECE 2013, AMITY UNIVERSITY, Noida, India, Sept 26 –27, 2013
- Co-Delivered Lecture and participated in IUCEE Workshop on ‘Distributed Operating Systems” with Dr. Prashant Shenoy , University of Massachusetts Amherst, , USA during June 2010 to 2nd July 2010.
- Attended PDGC “InternationaL conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing” during oct 2010 at JUIT, Waknaghat.
- Attended a one day workshop by TCS on CLOUD COMPUTING in sept, 2010, BHARTIYA VIDYAPEETH, NEW DELHI.
- Attended IUCEE “PARALLEL COMPUTING “by Prof. Pradip Srimani, Clemson University, National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka, during July 5 -9, 2010.
- Training from Microsoft Corporation in Microsoft’s DOT NET.
- Training from Rational Rose Corp. in UML.