Dr. Vaibhav Rawoot is currently working as an Assistant Professor (Grade II) in the Department of Physics, JIIT Noida, sector 62. He completed his M.Sc. degree (2007) from the Department of Physics, University of Mumbai with a specialization in Space Physics and Astronomy. He obtained his Ph.D. degree (2015) from the Department of Physics, University of Mumbai with a specialization in Theoretical High Energy Physics (Elementary Particle Physics). He was a postdoctoral fellow at The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai and a Research Associate at the Department of Physics, University of Mumbai. He gained 3 years of post-doctoral experience and visited several national and international institutes. His research work is based on the theory of Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD) and its applications in understanding proton internal structure and proton spin. His research interests include transverse momentum-dependent distribution functions, the proton spin problem, single spin asymmetry, the Sivers function, 3D structure of the proton, the Higgs boson production, kT factorization, and small-x physics at future Electron-Ion Collider (EIC). He uses a phenomenological approach to study the production of elementary particles and their decay at high-energy scattering processes. He is an astronomy enthusiast with experience in observing astronomical objects and celestial events. He has been part of various science outreach activities which include citizen science workshops, astronomy observations for school/college students, and delivering popular talks.
He has published 8 peer-reviewed papers in reputed international journals and presented several papers at international and national level conferences.
- Godbole Rohini M, Misra Anuradha, Mukherjee Asmita, Rawoot Vaibhav, Gluon Sivers function and transverse single spin asymmetries in e+p↑ →γ+X, Phys. Rev. D 103 (2021) 3, 036008
- C Pai, A Bhaskar, Vaibhav Rawoot, “Investigating the dynamics of COVID-19 pandemic in India under lockdown” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 138, 109988, 2020
- Rashidul Islam, Mukesh Kumar and Vaibhav Rawoot, kT-factorization approach to the Higgs boson production in ZZ∗→4ℓchannel at the LHC, Eur.Phys.J. C79 (2019) no.3, 181.
- R. M. Godbole, A. Kaushik, A. Misra, Vaibhav Rawoot and B. P. Sonawane, Transverse single spin asymmetry in p+p↑→J/ψ+X, Phys. Rev. D96 (2017) no.9, 096025.
- R. M. Godbole, A. Kaushik, A. Misra and Vaibhav Rawoot, Transverse single spin asymmetry in e+p↑→e+J/ψ+X and Q^2 evolution of Sivers function-II, Phys. Rev. D 91, no. 1, 014005 (2015)
- R. M. Godbole, A. Misra, A. Mukherjee and Vaibhav Rawoot, Transverse Single Spin Asymmetry in e+p↑→e+J/ψ+X and Transverse Momentum Dependent Evolution of the Sivers Function Phys. Rev. D 88, 014029 (2013).
- R. M. Godbole, A. Misra, A. Mukherjee and Vaibhav Rawoot, Sivers Effect and Transverse Single Spin Asymmetry in e+p↑ →e+J/ψ+X, Phys. Rev. D 85, 094013 (2012).
- A. Raghav, A. Bhaskar, V. Yadav, N. Bijewar, C. Pai, A. Koli, N. Navale, G. Singh, N. Dubey, S. Pawar, P. Parab, G. Narvankar, Vaibhav Rawoot, V. Rawat, S. Borse, N. Garad, C. Rozario, N. Kaushal, S. Tiwari, M. R. Press, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 118, 6426–6433 (2013)
- Bipin Sonawane, Anuradha Misra, Vaibhav Rawoot, A Study of Transverse Single Spin Asymmetry in Hadroproduction and Electroproduction of ,Springer Proc. Phys. 248 (2020) 373-378.
- B. Sonawane, A. Misra, S. Padval and V. Rawoot, “Transverse Single Spin Asymmetry in Production, Few Body Syst. 59, no. 3, 38 (2018)
- Sonawane, R. Godbole, A. Kaushik, A. Misra and V. Rawoot, Transverse Single Spin Asymmetry in Production at = 200 GeV, Springer Proc. Phys. 203, 909-911 (2018)
- R. M. Godbole, A. Kaushik, A. Misra, V. S. Rawoot and B. P. Sonawane, Heavy Flavour production as a probe of Gluon Sivers Function, Few Body Syst. 58 (2017) no.2, 96
- Differential cross section for the Higgs boson production in 4-lepton channel and kT -factorization, Vaibhav Rawoot, Rashidul Islam and Mukesh Kumar, PoS QCDEV2016 (2017) 048
- R. M. Godbole, A. Kaushik, A. Misra and V. S. Rawoot, Single Spin Asymmetry in Electroproduction of and QCD-evolved TMD’s ,Int. J. Mod. Phys. Conf. Ser. 37, 1560069 (2015)
- R. M. Godbole, A. Kaushik, A. Misra and V. S. Rawoot, Single Spin Asymmetry in Charmonium Production, Few Body Syst. 56, no. 6-9, 461 (2015)
- R. M. Godbole, A. Misra, A. Mukherjee and V. S. Rawoot, Transverse Single Spin Asymmetries and Charmonium Production, Nucl. Phys. B Proc. Suppl. 251-252, 56-61 (2014)
- R. M. Godbole, A. Misra, A. Mukherjee and V. S. Rawoot, Gluon Sivers Function and Single Spin Asymmetry in e+p↑→e+J/ψ+X ,PoS QNP 2012, 040 (2012).
- R. Godbole, A. Misra, A. Mukherjee and V. Rawoot, Single Spin Asymmetry in e+p↑→e+J/ψ+X, DIS 2012, DOI:10.3204/DESY-PROC-2012-02/49
- N. Agarwal, P. Agarwal, P. Bandyopadhyay, R. Basu, B. Bhattacherjee, S. Biswal, D. Choudhury ,M. Dahiya, S. Dutta, N. Gaur, K. Ghosh, R. M. Godbole, S. Gopalakrishna, R. Islam ,W. Kilgore, M. Kumar, M.C. Kumar, S. Majee, S. Majhi, T. Mandal, H.S. Mani, P. Mathews, S. Mitra, A. Mukherjee, K. Rao, V. Rawoot, S.D. Rindani, T.S. Roy , P. Saha, R. Santos, S. Seth, P. Sharma, A. Shivaji, R. K. Singh, J. P. Singh, R. Tibrewala , A. Tripathi and M. Won, Pramana 76, 707 (2011).