Dr Shweta Dang, is working in Dept of biotechnology JIIT Noida since 2009.Prior to joining JIIT she was working as a Research Scientist in Formulation Research and Development, Jubilant Organosys Ltd, NOIDA for US and EU regulatory markets for ANDA filings. She has also qualified P.G. Diploma, Patent Law, NALSAR University, Hyderabad and is a life time member of IPA (Indian Pharmaceutical Association). She is working in the area of novel drug delivery and has published her work in various journal of national and international repute reflected by more than 3500 citations and a H-index of 24. She has been awarded a number of extramural funding’s from various Govt agencies as a principal investigator. Recently she has been granted an Indian Patent on her research work.
Area of novel drug delivery systems specifically intranasal drug delivery, nanoparticles and nanoemulsion formulations for bioactives and gastro retentive systems
Polymeric Nanoparticles (chitosan, PLGA) containing encapsulated, dispersed, absorbed drugs are being investigated to improve the delivery and bioavailability of some anti epileptic drugs, anti alzheimer’s drugs and for some other CNS related disorders. Nanoemulsions encapsulating some natural antimicrobial compounds (catechins and flavanoids) are being investigated for enhanced efficacy and bioavailability. These nano carriers help improve the stability of hydrophobic drugs, rendering them suitable for administration, improving biodistribution and pharmacokinetics, resulting in improved efficacy, reduction in adverse effects because of less peripheral circulation and decreasing toxicity by using biocompatible and biodegradable nanomaterials.
Patent Granted :01
- Indian Patent granted in ‘Indian Patent Office’ filed on 9th Jan, 2020 Patent No.: 407335; title: CO-DELIVERY OF BACLOFEN & LAMOTRIGINE VIA PLGA NANOPARTICLES Inventor: Kuldeep Nigam, Amit Tyagi & Shweta Dang (date of Grant 22.09.2022 Status: Granted)
- Surbhi Sharma & Shweta Dang, Nanocarrier Based Drug Delivery to Brain: Interventions of Surface Modification, Current Neuropharmacology (2022), DOI: 10.2174/1570159X20666220706121412, [Impact factor 9.5 (5 years), SCOPUS, SCI , Google Scholar]
- Kaur, A., Nigam, K., Tyagi, A. and Dang S, A Preliminary Pharmacodynamic Study for the Management of Alzheimer’s Disease Using Memantine-Loaded PLGA Nanoparticles. AAPS PharmSciTech 23, 298 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1208/s12249-022-02449-9, [Impact factor 4.02, SCOPUS, SCI , Google Scholar]
- Kuldeep Nigam, Md. Nematullah, Farah Khan, Reema Gabrani and Shweta Dang Title: In-vitro investigations of Baclofen loaded PLGA nanoparticles, Nanotechnology PERCEPTIONS
- Vol. 18 , Page 46–52, October 2022, doi: 10.4024/N26NI19A.ntp.18.01 SCOPUS
- Atinderpal Kaur and Shweta Dang “ Development of Nanoemulsion loaded with Naringenin for the treatment of Alzheimer disease” Nanotechnology PERCEPTIONS
- 18 (2022) 53–63 doi: 10.4024/N27KA19A.ntp.18.01 SCOPUS
- MU Ashhar, P Vyas, D Vohora, PK Sahoo, K Nigam, S Dang, J Ali, Amelioration of oxidative stress utilizing nanoemulsion loaded with bromocriptine and glutathione for the management of Parkinson's disease, International Journal of Pharmaceutics (2022), 618, 121683 [Impact factor 6.51, SCOPUS, SCI ]
- Kuldeep Nigam, Atinderpal Kaur, Amit Tyagi, Kailash Manda, Nidhi Goswami, Md Nematullah, Farah Khan, Reema Gabrani, & Shweta Dang, In vitro & In vivo evaluations of PLGA nanoparticle based combinatorial drug therapy for Baclofen and Lamotrigine for neuropathic pain management, Journal of Microencapsulation, (2022) DOI: 10.1080/02652048.2022.2041751 [Impact Factor 2.2] scopus,sci
- Yadav, A., Singh, S., Sohi, H. Dang S. Advances in Delivery of Chemotherapeutic Agents for Cancer Treatment. AAPS PharmSciTech 23, 25 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1208/s12249-021-02174-9 [Impact factor 4.026, SCOPUS, SCI , Google Scholar]
- Happy Garg, Saurabh Mittal, Muhammad Usama Ashhar, Shobhit Kumar, Shweta Dang, Kuldeep Nigam, Javed Ali, SanjulaBaboota, Bioavailability Enhancement of Paroxetine Loaded Self Nanoemulsifying Drug Delivery System (SNEDDS) to Improve Behavioural Activities for the Management of Depression. J Clust Sci (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10876-021-02209-y (IF 3.3) scopus,sci
- Dang, Shweta; Baboota, Sanjula; Ali, Javed Advances in Cancer Therapeutics Current Pharmaceutical Design, Volume 27, Number 45, 2021, pp. 4513-4514(2) (Guest Editor) (IF3.11) Scopus,sci
- Surbhi Sharma, Shweta Dang, Molecular Docking Analysis of Natural Compounds Against Serotonin Transporter (SERT) Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy, vol 15, pg 83-89, 2021
- Krishanu Aich, Tanya Singh and Shweta Dang, “Advances in microneedlebased transdermal delivery for drugs and peptides”, Drug Delivery and Translational Research, Sep 26th 2021, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13346-021-01056-8(Impact Factor 5.671 SCOPUS, SCI , Google Scholar)
- Kumari, Pallavi, and Shweta Dang , “Anti-Cancer Potential of Some Commonly Used Drugs”, Current Pharmaceutical Design (2021) (DOI : 10.2174/1381612827666210622104821)(E-pub Abstract Ahead of Print) (IF 3.11 SCOPUS, SCI , Google Scholar)
- Kaur, Atinderpal, Reema Gabrani, and Shweta Dang. "Antimicrobial activity of nanoemulsion encapsulated with polyphenon 60 and ciprofloxacin for the treatment of urinary tract infection." Advances in Traditional Medicine (2020): 1-9. (SCOPUS, SCI , Google Scholar)
- Sharma, Garima, Shweta Dang, Manjula Kalia, and Reema Gabrani. "Synergistic antibacterial and anti-biofilm activity of nisin like bacteriocin with curcumin and cinnamaldehyde against ESBL and MBL producing clinical strains." Biofouling 36, no. 6 (2020): 710-724. (I.F. 2.351, SCOPUS, SCI , Google Scholar)
- Nigam, Kuldeep and Shweta Dang. “Giemsa Staining of some nano-formulations on Neuro-2a neuroblastoma cell line” Nanoscience and Nanotechnology-Asia, Volume 11, Number 3, 2021, pp. 357-362(6), DOI : 10.2174/2210681210999200508084714(SCOPUS, Google Scholar)
- Kaur, Atinderpal, Kuldeep Nigam, Sukriti Srivastava, Amit Tyagi, and Shweta Dang. "Memantinenanoemulsion: a new approach to treat Alzheimer’s disease." Journal of Microencapsulation Vol 37(5), 355-365, 2020.(Impact Factor = 2.287)
- Kaur, Atinderpal, Kuldeep Nigam, IshitaBhatnagar, HimanshuSukhpal, StutiAwasthy, Shivanika Shankar, Amit Tyagi, and Shweta Dang. "Treatment of Alzheimer’s diseases using donepezil nanoemulsion: an intranasal approach." Drug Delivery and Translational Research vol. 10, 1862-1875, 2020.(Impact Factor = 3.041)
- Sharma, Surbhi, and Shweta Dang. "Neuropsychological Disorders and their Nanocarriers." Current Pharmaceutical Design, Volume 26, Number 19, 2020, pp. 2247-2256 (2020).(Impact Factor = 2.412)
- Kumari, Pallavi, and Shweta Dang. "Development and in vitro characterization of diazepam loaded PLA nanoparticles." Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol 28 (1), 246-250, 2020.
- Sharma, Surbhi, and Shweta Dang. "Paroxetine loaded PLGA nanoparticles." Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol 28 (1) , 205-210, 2020.
- Sharma, Garima, Haney Gupta, Shweta Dang, Sanjay Gupta, and ReemaGabrani. "Characterization Of Antimicrobial Substance With Antibiofilm Activity FromPediococcusacidilactici." Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences 9, no. 5 (2020): 979-982.
- Kaur, Atinderpal, ReemaGabrani, and Shweta Dang. "Antimicrobial activity of nanoemulsion encapsulated with polyphenon 60 and ciprofloxacin for the treatment of urinary tract infection." Advances in Traditional Medicine (2020): 1-9.
- Sharma, Garima, Shweta Dang, ManjulaKalia, and ReemaGabrani. "Synergistic antibacterial and anti-biofilm activity of nisin like bacteriocin with curcumin and cinnamaldehyde against ESBL and MBL producing clinical strains." Biofouling 36, no. 6 (2020): 710-724.(Impact Factor = 2.98)
- Maheshwari, Girisha, BhanuPratap Chauhan, Shweta Dang, and ReemaGabrani. "Treatment of Lung Cancer in the New Era." Frontiers in Anti-Cancer Drug Discovery: Volume11 (2020): 67.
- Nigam, Kuldeep, Atinderpal Kaur, Amit Tyagi, MdNematullah, Farah Khan, ReemaGabrani, and Shweta Dang. "Nose-to-brain delivery of lamotrigine-loaded PLGA nanoparticles." Drug delivery and translational research (2019): 1-12. (Impact Factor = 3.11)
- Nigam, Kuldeep, ReemaGabrani and Shweta Dang. “Nano-emulsion from Capsaicin: Formulation and Characterization” Materials Today: Proceedings 18 (2019): 869-878. (SCOPUS, Elsevier)
- Kumar, Shobhit, Shweta Dang, Kuldeep Nigam, Javed Ali, and SanjulaBaboota. "Selegilinenanoformulation in attenuation of oxidative stress and upregulation of dopamine in the brain for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease." Rejuvenation research21, no. 5 (2018): 464-476.https://doi.org/10.1089/rej.2017.2035 (Impact Factor = 3.811)
- Nigam, Kuldeep, Atinderpal Kaur, Kailash Manda, Amit Tyagi, ReemaGabrani, and Shweta Dang. "Baclofen-loaded PLGA nanoparticles for neuropathic pain management: In-vitro and In-vivo Evaluation." Rejuvenation Research ja (2018). (In press) https://doi.org/10.1089/rej.2018.2119(Impact Factor = 3.22)
- Sharma, Garima, Shweta Dang, Sanjay Gupta, and ReemaGabrani. "Antibacterial Activity, Cytotoxicity, and the Mechanism of Action of Bacteriocin from Bacillus subtilis GAS101." Medical Principles and Practice 27, no. 2 (2018): 186-192.(Impact Factor = 1.536)
- Kaur, Atinderpal, Sonal Gupta, Amit Tyagi, Rakesh Kumar Sharma, Javed Ali, ReemaGabrani, and Shweta Dang. "Development of Nanoemulsion Based Gel Loaded with Phytoconstituents for the Treatment of Urinary Tract Infection and in Vivo Biodistribution Studies." Advanced pharmaceutical bulletin 7, no. 4 (2017): 611.
- Kaur, Atinderpal; Saxena, Yashaswee; Bansal, Rakhi; Gupta, Sonal; Tyagi, Amit; Sharma, Rakesh Kumar; Ali, Javed; Panda,Amulya Kumar; Gabrani, Reema, Dang, Shweta; Intravaginal Delivery of Polyphenon 60 and Curcumin Nanoemulsion Gel, AAPS PharmSciTech,DOI: 10.1208/s12249-016-0652-6, Jan 2017 [Impact factor 1.7]
- Deepak Sharma, Rakesh Kumar Sharma, AseemBhatnagar, Dhruv K Nishad, Thakuri Singh, ReemaGabrani, Sanjeev K Sharma, Javed Ali, Shweta Dang, “ Nose to brain delivery of midazolam loaded PLGA nanoparticle: in vitro and in vivo investigations”. Current Drug Delivery 2016;13(4):557-64 (Impact factor: 1.44)
- KannisseryPramod, M. R. Aji Alex, M Singh, Shweta Dang, Shahid H. Ansari, and Javed Ali, “Eugenol nanocapsule for enhanced therapeutic activity against periodontal infections,” Journal of Drug targeting, 24(1), 24-33, 2016 DOI: 10.3109/1061186X.2015.1052071 (Impact factor 2.7)
- Neeti Mittal, VrindaKulshreshtha, Shweta Dang, “Globalization of Regulatory Affairs In Healthcare Industry” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Vol 8, Issue 6, 2015, 46-49.
- G. Sharma, S. Sharma, P. Sharma, D. Chandola, S. Dang, S. Gupta, R. Gabrani. Escherichia coli biofilm: development and therapeutic strategies. J ApplMicrobiol, 2016;121:309-19. [Impact factor: 2.386]
- S. Agarwal, G. Sharma, S. Dang, S. Gupta, R. Gabrani. Antimicrobial Peptides as Anti-infectives against Staphylococcus epidermidis. Med PrincPract, 2016;25:301-8. [Impact factor: 1.34]
- Sharma D, Philip G, Gabrani R, Ali J, Dang S. Dual agents loaded polymeric nanoparticle: Effect of process variables. Int J Pharma Investig 2015 Jul-Sep; 5(3): 155–160. doi: 10.4103/2230-973X.160853
- Deepak Sharma, Rakesh Kumar Sharma, Navneet Sharma, ReemaGabrani, Sanjeev K Sharma, Javed Ali, Shweta Dang. Nose to brain delivery of PLGA-diazepam nanoparticles. AAPS PharmSciTech, 2015 Oct;16(5):1108-21 DOI 10.1208/s12249-015-0294-0 (Impact factor: 1.77)
- Deepak Sharma, ReemaGabrani, Sanjeev K. Sharma, Javed Ali, and Shweta Dang, “ Development of Midazolam Loaded Poly(D, L-lactide-co-glycolic acid) Nanoparticles for Treatment of Status Epilepticus”, Adv. Sci. Lett. Volume 20, Numbers 7-9, July 2014, pp. 1526-1530(5) (Impact factor:1.2)
- Sonal Gupta, Rakhi Bansal, DipikaMaheshwari, Javed Ali, ReemaGabrani, and Shweta Dang, “ Development of a Nanoemulsion System for Polyphenon 60 and Cranberry” Adv. Sci. Lett. Volume 20, Numbers 7-9, July 2014, pp. 1683-1686(4) (Impact factor:1.2)
- Sonal Gupta, Rakhi Bansal, Javed Ali, Reema Gabrani and Shweta Dang, “Development and characterization of Polyphenon 60 and caffeine microemulsions for enhanced antibacterial activity”, BioMed Research International, Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 932017, 7 pages.http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/932017 (Indexed in Scopus: Impact factor: 1.7)
- Deepak Sharma, Dipika Maheshwari, Gilphy Philip, Ravish Rana, Shanu Bhatia, Manisha Singh, Reema Gabrani, Sanjeev k Sharma, Javed Ali, Rakesh Kumar Sharma, Shweta Dang. Formulation and Optimization of Polymeric Nanoparticles for Intranasal Delivery of Lorazepam Using Box-Behnken Design: In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluation. BioMed Research International Vol. 2014, Article ID 156010, 2014 (Indexed in Scopus: Impact factor: 1.7)
- Bajpai, N, Chatterjee, A, Dang, S, Sharma, S. K., “Insights in paper Case Report Form Design from Vaccine Trials in an Indian Pharmaceutical Company: Clinical Data Management prospective”.International Journal of PharmTech Research, vol. 08, no. 01, pp. 146-153, 2015[Indexed in Scopus]
- Bajpai, N; Dang, S; Sharma, S. K., “Standardize Operating procedure for Clinical Data Management (CDM), exploring the possibility under Indian Regulations”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research (IJPCR), vol. 07, no. 03, 2015 [Indexed in Scopus]
- Bajpai, N, Chatterjee, A, Dang, S, Sharma, S. K.,“Metrics for leveraging more in Clinical Data Management: proof of concept in the context of vaccine trials in an Indian pharmaceutical company”. Asian Journal of Pharmaceuticaland Clinical Research (AJPCR), vol. 08, no. 03, pp. 350-357, 2015[Indexed in Scopus]
- A. Bhaskar, K. Raturi, S. Dang, R. Gabrani. Current perspectives on the therapeutic aspects of chronic myelogenousleukemia Expert OpinTher Pat. Vol. 24 pp. 1117-27, 2014. [Impact factor: 3.4]
- Aminu N., Baboota S., Pramod K. , Singh M., Dang S., Ansari S H, Sahni J K, Ali J., “Development and evaluation of triclosanloadedpoly-e-caprolactonenanoparticulate system for the treatment of periodontal infections”vol. 15,2075, Journal of Nanopartcle Research, 2013. [Impact Factor: 2.175]
- G. Sharma, S. Rao, A. Bansal, S. Dang, S.Gupta, and R. Gabrani, “Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm: Potential therapeutic targets” Biologicals 2014;42(1):1-7. [Indexed in SCOPUS, Impact factor: 1.6]
- NidhiBajpai, Dr. Shweta Dang and Dr. SK Sharma, “Clinical Data Management Operational Model for the Conduct of Myfive™ Vaccine Study”, International Research Journal of Humanities, Engineering & Pharmaceutical Sciences (IJHEPS™) p-ISSN 2249-2569, e-ISSN 2320-2955, ISBN 978-81-909047-9-7, Year IV/Vol. I/Issue VII, January 2014.
- Bajpai N, Chatterjee A, Dang S and Sharma S. K, Clinical Data Management: Lessons drawn from Vaccine Clinical Trials of an Indian Pharmaceutical Company. The Pharma Review. Sep - Oct 2013 Vol. XI (65) ISSN No. 0973-399X
- Bajpai N, Mohanty L, Chatterjee A, Dang S , Sharma S. K, “ Schematic Depiction of CDM Procedures: Based on the Experiences drawn from the Vaccine Trials Conducted In An Indian Pharmaceutical Company”, Novel Science International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 2, No 5-6 (2013) ISSN: 2278–0033
- N. Bajpai , M. Sharma ,A. Chatterjee , S. Dang and S. K. Sharma, “Standardization of procedural implementation in Clinical Data Management, with reference to the trials: DTwP-HepB-Hib vaccine (MyfiveTM) vs. Pneumococcal vaccine (NUCOVAC®): Indian Journal of Scientific Research(IJSR), ISSN : 0976-2876 (Print), ISSN : 2250-0138 (Online), Dec 2013.
- S. Gupta, A. Jain, M. Chakraborty, J. K. Sahni, J. Ali, and S. Dang, “Oral delivery of therapeutic proteins and peptides: a review on recent developments”, Drug Delivery, vol. 20(6), pp. 237–246, 2013.[Impact Factor: 1.778]
- N. Bajpai, A. Chatterjee, S. Dang, S.K. Sharma, “A perspective of clinical data management in the context of the application of indian Good Clinical Practices” International Journal of Technical Research and Applications e-ISSN: 2320-8163, vol. 1(4), pp. 35-38, 2013.
- N. Bajpai, A. Chatterjee, S. Dang, S.K. Sharma, “Clinical Data Management Patrons: Positions & skill requirements in the industry” Clinical Research plus, vol. 3(1), pp. 18-21, 2012.
- M.A. Iqbal, M.Shadab, J.K. Sahni, S. Baboota, S. Dang and J. Ali, “Nanostructured lipid carriers system: Recent advances in drug delivery”, Journal of Drug Targeting, vol. 20(10), pp.813-30, 2012. [Impact Factor: 3.08]
- S. Gupta, J.K. Sahni, J. Ali, R. Gabrani and S. Dang, “Development and Characterization of Green Tea Loaded Microemulsion for Vaginal Infections”, Advanced Material letters, vol. 3(6), pp.493-497, 2012.
- A. Sharma, S.Gupta, I.P. Sarethy, S. Dang, and R. Gabrani, “Green Tea Extract: possible mechanism and antibacterial activity on skin pathogens”, Food Chemistry, vol. 135, pp. 672–675, May 2012. [Impact Factor: 3.334]
- A. Agrawal, S. Dang and R. Gabrani, “Recent Patents on Anti-Telomerase Cancer Therapy”. Recent Pat Anticancer Drug Discov., Vol. 7(1), pp.102-17, Jan 2012. [Indexed in SCOPUS Impact Factor: 2.82]
- S. Haque, M.Shadab, M.Fazil, J.K. Sahni, S. Baboota, S. Dang and J.Ali, “Role of Chitosan Biomaterials in Drug Delivery Systems: A Patent Perspective” , Recent Patents on Materials Science, Vol. 4, pp. 209-223 , 2011. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
- S. Gupta, R. Gabrani ,J. Ali and S. Dang, “Exploring Novel Approaches to Vaginal Drug Delivery”,Recent Patents on Drug delivery and Formulations, Vol. 5, pp. 82-94, May 2011. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
- J. Ali, S. Gupta, S. Dang, S. Baboota, M. Shadab., A. Ali, B. Iqbal, J.K. Sahni, “Recent Advances and patents in Solid Dispersion Technology And Some Related Issues” Recent Patents on Drug delivery and Formulations, Vol. 5(3), pp. 244-264, Sep 2011. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
- J. Ali , S. Arora, A. Ahuja, A.K. Babbar, R.K Sharma, R. K. Khar and S. Baboota, “Formulation and development of hydrodynamically balanced system for metformin: in vitro and in vivo evaluation”, European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 67, pp. 196-201, 2007. [Indexed in SCOPUS Impact Factor: 3.344]
- J. Ali, S. Arora A. Ahuja, R. K.Khar, A.K. Babbar and R.K.Sharma , “Formulation and development of floating capsules of celecoxib: In vitro and in vivo evaluation”, AAPS PharmSci Tech., vol. 8(4), 2007. [Indexed in SCOPUS Impact Factor: 1.584]
- S. Arora, J. Ali, A. Ahuja, R. K. Khar and S.Baboota, “Floating Drug Delivery Systems: An Updated Review”, AAPS PharmSci Tech., vol. 6 (3), pp. E372-E390, 2005.[Indexed in SCOPUS Impact Factor: 1.584]
- S. Arora, J. Ali, A. Ahuja, R. K. Khar, “Development of a single unit floating drug delivery system for metformin”, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 23S, pp. S61-S 62, 2004. [Impact Factor: 3.826]
- Atinderpal, K., Navya Kapoor, Sonal Gupta, A. Tyagi, R K Sharma, J. Ali, ReemaGabrani, And Shweta Dang. "Development and Characterization of Green Tea Catechins and Ciprofloxacin-loaded Nanoemulsion for Intravaginal Delivery to Treat Urinary Tract Infection." Indian J Pharm Sci 80, no. 3 (2018): 442-452. (Impact Factor = 0.66)
- R. Gabrani, R. Jain, A. Sharma, I.P. Sarethy, S. Dang and S. Gupta,“Antiproliferative Effect of Solanumnigrum on Human Leukemic Cell Lines” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 74, pp. 451-453, Sep. 2012. [Indexed in SCOPUS, Impact factor: 0.626]
- S. Arora, J. Ali, A. Ahuja, S.Baboota, and J Qureshi,., “Pulsatile drug delivery systems- an approach for controlled drug delivery”, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., vol.68(3), pp.295-300, 2006. [Indexed in SCOPUS, Impact Factor = 0.66]
- S. Arora, A.K Babbar, J.Ali, A.Ahuja, and R.K., Sharma, “Development of hydrodynamically balanced system for celecoxib: in vitro and in vivo evaluation using radioactive techniques”, Indian Journal of Pharmacology, vol.36, S80, 2005.
- S. Arora, J. Ali, A. Ahuja, R. K. Khar “Development and evaluation of floating delivery system for celecoxib”, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., vol.66 (4), pp 475, 2004.(Impact Factor = 0.66)
- Dinky Malhotra, Khushi R. Mittal, Saboor Khan, Shubham S. Mohanty, Shweta Dang (2021) “ LIPID-NANOPARTICLES ASSISTED MRNA-BASED CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY”, In RECENT TRENDS IN BIOSCIENCES AND BIOTECHNOLOGY (Editors Prof. PammiGauba, Prof. Reema Gabrani&Dr. Garima Mathur), pg 217-252. ISBN: 978-81-953535-8-3 ,DOI: https://doi.org/10.48002/BOOK.2021.RTBAB
- Atinderpalkaur , Surbhi Sharma, Afeefa Noor , Shweta Dang and Sushma Talegaonkar, “Potential targeting sites in brain and brain tumors" in "Nano carriers For Drug Targeting to Brain Tumors, (Edited by Lalit Kumar and Yashwant Pathak), (Elsevier), In Press
- Sonal Gupta, SanjulaBaboota, Javed Aliand Shweta Dang” Regulatory affairs for Chemistry, manufacturing and controls (CMC)” in Regulatory Affairs in Pharmaceutical Industry, (Elsevier), Chapter 4, 2022, Pages 75-87, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-822211-9.00003-4
- Pallavi Kumari and Shweta Dang, “ Bioactives and Pharmacology of Panax japonicus (T.Nees) C.A. Meyer” in Bioactives and Pharmacology of Medicinal plants, Apple Academic Press, USA and distributed by CRC press of Taylor & Francis (In Press)
- Kaur, Atinderpal and Shweta Dang “Synergistic combination of phytotherapeutics for infectious diseases” In Nanocarriers for the Delivery of Combination Drugs, 337-392, 2021 (Elsevier)
- Mittal, Srishti, Vanshika Singh, and Shweta Dang. "Advances in Nanocarrier-Based Delivery of Therapeutic Peptides." In Nanoformulations in Human Health, pp. 435-448. Springer, Cham, 2020.
- Nigam, Kuldeep, PurnamHosheRuba, Pallavee Kapoor, ReemaGabrani, and Shweta Dang. "Nano-carriers for Natural Therapeutics in Management of Neuropathic Pain." In Nanoformulations in Human Health, pp. 361-376. Springer, Cham, 2020.
- Mittal, Srishti, Vanshika Singh, and Shweta Dang. "Advances in Nanocarrier-Based Delivery of Therapeutic Peptides." In Nanoformulations in Human Health, pp. 435-448. Springer, Cham, 2020.
- Gabrani, Reema, RituGhildiyal, NeetigyataPratap, Garima Sharma, and Shweta Dang. "Applications of Protein Nanoparticles as Drug Delivery Vehicle." In Smart Healthcare Systems, pp. 199-215. Chapman and Hall/CRC, 2019.
- Atinderpal Kaur, Rakhi Bansal, Sonal Gupta, ReemaGabrani, Shweta Dang, “Nanoemulsions: Status in Antimicrobial Therapy.” Smart healthcare systems, pp. 4-39, CRC press, 2019
- Gautam, Megha, Saumya Singh, Mehak Aggarwal, Manish K. Sharma, Shweta Dang, and ReemaGabrani. "GlioblastomaMultiforme; Drug Resistance & Combination Therapy." In Frontiers in Anti-Cancer Drug DiscoveryVolume 10 10 (2019): 111.
- Dang, Shweta, DeekshaMehtani, Atinderpal Kaur and ReemaGabrani. “Natural Therapeutics for Alzheimer’s Disease” In Functional Food and Human Health2018DOI:10.1007/978-981-13-1123-9_11
- Srivastava, Sukriti, Gauransh Jain, Shweta Dang, Sanjay Gupta, and ReemaGabrani. "Phytochemicals Targeting Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress to Inhibit Cancer Cell Proliferation." In Anticancer Plants: Natural Products and Biotechnological Implements, pp. 273-287. Springer, Singapore, 2018.
- A. Agrawal, S. Dang and R. Gabrani“Recent Advances in Anti-Telomerase Cancer Therapy” In Topics in Anti-Cancer Research Volume 3, Ed Atta-ur-Rahman and K. Zaman; Bentham Science Publishers, 2014, chapter 16, pp. 581-631.
- R. Gabrani, G. Sharma, S. Dang, S. Gupta“Role of ROS in bacterial resistance and biofilm formation and possible therapeutics” In “Free Radicals in Human Health & Diseases” Ed. V. Rani and U.C.S. Yadav; Springer, 2014, chapter 23, pp. 369-379.
- S. Dang, S. Gupta, R. Bansal, J. Ali and R. Gabrani“Nano encapsulation of Green Tea Catechins – key to preserve its anti-oxidative potential” In “Free Radicals in Human Health & Diseases” Springer, 2014, chapter 25, pp. 397-415.
PATENT APPLICATIONS FILED: 03
SPONSORED R&D/FELLOWSHIP PROJECTS
- Nose to brain delivery of surface-modified drug loaded PLGA nanoparticles for management of Trigeminal Neuralgia. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Govt. of India: PI: Dr.Shweta Dang; Co-PI: Dr.PammiGauba. Grant Value: INR 40.6 lakhs, (2020-2023) (Sanctioned)
- PLGA Nanoparticles for Baclofen and Lamotrigine: Nose to brain delivery. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). Fellowship holder: Kuldeep Nigam (PhD Research Scholar). Mentor : Dr. Shweta Dang, 2019-2021 Rs. ~10.41 Lakhs [Ongoing]
- Development PLGA nanoparticles loaded with donepezil and memantine for Brain Drug Delivery through nasal route in Alzheimer’s disease, BIOCARE DBT, PI: Ms Atinderpal kaur (PhD student), Mentor: Dr Shweta Dang, 2017-2020, Rs. 26 lakhs.[Completed]
- Development and evaluation of green tea catechins based intravaginal nanoemulsion gel for the treatment of urinary tract infections PI: Shweta Dang, Co PI: Dr ReemaGabrani Co PI: Dr Javed Ali(JamiaHamdard, New Delhi) (2013-2016). (DBT), Grant value: 23.35 Lakhs. [Completed]
- Nanoparticle based Drug delivery system of some antiepileptic drugs for brain drug delivery through nasal route. Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India. Grant value: Rs. 25 lakhs, PI: Shweta Dang, Co PI: Ms Manisha Singh, Co PI: Dr Javed Ali (JamiaHamdard, New Delhi)(2011-2014). [Completed]
- PhD’s Ongoing: 2 as PI and 1 as Co PI
- PhD awarded: 4 PhD’s awarded as PI and 1 as Co-PI (total 5 PhD’s awarded)
- Dr.Sonal Gupta: Development of Nano-Carrier Based Antibacterial Formulation of Green Tea and Synergistic Phytochemicals. (Dec 8, 2015)
- Dr. Deepak Sharma: Nose to Brain Delivery of Antiepileptic Drugs using Nanoparticles Approach (April 5, 2016)
- Dr Atinder pal kaur: Development of Drug Loaded Nanoemulsion Based Formulations for Urinary Tract Infection (October 31, 2020)
- Dr Kuldeep Nigam:Nano-Carrier Based Approach for Neuropathic Pain Management (Dec 31,2020)
Dr.NidhiBajpai: Clinical Data Management (CDM) Process Standardization' for Vaccine Trials in an Indian Pharmaceutical Company, under Indian Regulations (Oct 27, 2015)