Dr. Vibha Rani is working as Professor & Associate Dean (Innovations) in the Department of Biotechnology, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, India. After completing her Doctoral Studies from School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, she has continued her academic career where she teaches as well as guides doctorate students in the area of stress-induced anomalies and other development-related diseases. She is an academician as well as an accomplished young women scientist and has been in research for sixteen years. She has been honoured with the prestigious AR Rao Memorial Young Scientist Award, S.C Tyagi Young Faculty Award and Academic Brilliance Young Faculty Awards and South Asian Award in excellence in researchwhich accounts for just few among the much recognition that she has.
Dr. Vibha has received extra-mural funding for her research work from the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India. Her research focus is to understand the mechanism of action of phytomolecules, and also to develop ideal drug molecule for prevention of cardiac diseases. She has been focusing on developing natural therapies and microRNAs based therapeutics to address the most severe disorders that affect the human society such as cardiomyopathy, diabetes and breast cancer. She has been successfully able to communicate her research findings to various International Journals.
Our lab focuses upon understanding stress-mediated mechanisms and developing natural bioactive compounds and microRNAs based therapeutics to address the most severe disorders that affect the human society such as cardiomyopathy, diabetes and breast cancer. Our main emphasis is to study phyto-molecules mediated cardio-protective effects, and also to develop ideal drug molecule for prevention of various cardio vascular complications.
We have studied cardio-protective effects of S. cumini seed extracts in diabetes induced cardiomyopathy. We have also recently studied cardio-protective effects of Curcumin, a polyphenol of Curcuma longa and a well-known anti-oxidant, anti-inflamatory and anti-cancerous molecule, in preventing anti-cancer drug induced cardiotoxicity. Interestingly, our findings proposes that Curcumin exerts time-dependent responses where parallel treatment potentiates Dox-induced alterations and pre-treatment suppresses the Dox induced toxicity in cardiac cells. Curcumin supplementation exaggerates oxidative stress and apoptosis leading to cancer cell death by modulating pro- and anti-apoptotic biomarkers. In silico docking studies proposes the signalling pathways operative in curcumin responses and also provide possible explanation for mode dependent responses of curcumin in Dox induced cardiotoxicity. We also concluded that the combination treatment of anti-cancer drugs with curcumin results in achieving the desired anti-cancerous effect without compromising its activity and hence, reduces the possibility of its dose mediated cardiotoxic effects. Hence, Curcumin holds a great potential as future cardio-oncological therapeutics.
Cardiac development is a complex process regulated by multi-layered genetic as well epigenetic regulators many of which are still unknown. miRNAs have recently emerged as a crucial element of signalling cascade in both cardiac development and diseases. Our research work focuses on identification and characterization of miRNAs using chicken as a cardiac developmental model system. We detected huge pool of known and putative novel miRNAs using Next Generation Sequencing. Functional annotation of target genes revealed that novel miRNAs were involved in cardiac cell growth, differentiation, cardiac action potential generation, protein phosphorylation, signal transduction and many more. We observed several target genes such TBL1, CUL1, MAPK8/JNK1 as a part of a well conserved pathway such as ‘wnt signalling pathway’ and ‘hippo signalling pathway’. Stem-loop RT-PCR validated the differential expression of novel miRNAs during different development stages. Our analysis suggests the presence of novel cardiac miRNAs that may lay a foundation for further understanding the mechanism of gene re-programming during cardiovascular diseases.
- Kumkum Sharma, Vibha Rani*, Therapeutic Potential of Stable Organosulfur Compounds of Aged Garlic.Cardiovascular &Hematological Agents in Medicinal Chemistry; 2022 Oct 20. doi: 10.2174/1871525721666221020123056. (International, Scopus, IF: 2.21).
- Anubhuti Gupta, Kunal Singh, Sameen Fatima, SairaAmbreen, Silke Zimmermann, RuaaYounis, Shruthi Krishnan, Rajiv Rana, IhsanGadi, Constantin Schwab, Ronald Biemann, KhurrumShahzad, Vibha Rani, Shakir Ali, Peter Rene Mertens, ShreyKohli, and BerendIsermann, Neutrophil, Extracellular Traps Promote NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation and Glomerular Endothelial Dysfunction in Diabetic Kidney Disease.Nutrients, 2022, 14, 2965. (International, Scopus, IF: 6.706).
- Kumkum Sharma, Vibha Rani*, Cardiovascular Toxicity of Oral Antidiabetic Drugs and the Efficacy of Natural Organosulfure Compounds from Aged Garlic Extract (AGE). Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy, Vol. 16 (4) 562 - 576, Oct 2022.(International, Scopus, IF: 0.477)
- PriyankaMathur, Vibha Rani*, Proteomic analysis of glucose-induced cardiac myoblasts and the potential role of miR-92b-5p in regulating sarcomere proteins under hyperglycemic environment, Protein and Peptide Letters 29; August 2022 (International, Scopus, IF: 1.927).
- PriyankaMathur, Vibha Rani*, Investigating microRNAs in diabetic cardiomyopathy as tools for early detection and therapeutics. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry; 02 July 2022 (International, Scopus, IF: 3.396).
- ShivaniSinghal, Vibha Rani*, Therapeutic Effects of Gut Microbiota on Metabolic Syndrome: A Patent Review; Recent Pat Food Nutr Agric. 2022 Mar 18. doi: 10.2174/2212798412666220318162322.
- Divya Jindal, Vibha Rani*, In-silico Studies of Phytoconstituents from Piper longum and Ocimum sanctum as ACE2 and TMRSS2 Inhibitors: Strategies to Combat CoVID-19. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology; 2021. (International, Scopus, IF: 2.926).
- Kumkum Sharma, Vibha Rani*, Comparative Phytochemical and Antioxidative Analysis of Raw and Aged Garlic Extract; Indicating the Therapeutic Potential of Stable Organosulfur Compounds. Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy, Vol. 15 (2) 115-123, April 2021.(International, Scopus, IF: 0.477)
- Vibha Rani*,DhananjayYadav,NehaAtale, Matrixmetalloproteinases and Their Inhibitors: Promising Therapeutic Targets Against Cancer, Current Pharmaceutical design, 2021. (International, Scopus, IF: 3.116).
- ShivaniSinghal, Vibha Rani*, Study to Explore Plant Derived TrimethylamineLyase enzyme Inhibitors to Address Gut Dysbiosis, Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology; 2021. (International, Scopus, IF: 2.926).
- Vibha Rani, ShivaniSinghal, Kumkum Sharma, RohanVaid, KanishkaAggarwal, RenuBhadana, RadhikaAgarwal, NehaAtale, “Gut Microbiome: A New Frontier in Cancer Diagnostics & Therapeutics”, Current Pharmaceutical design, 2021. (International, Scopus, IF: 3.116).
- DeepanshMody, VedikaVerma and Vibha Rani*; Modulating host gene expression via gut microbiome- microRNA interplay to treat human diseases. Critical Reviews in Microbiology, 2021. (International, Scopus, IF: 7.624).
- K. Sharma, V. Rani*, Anticancerous and Antimicrobial properties of garlic”, Journal of Natural Product and Plant Resources, 2021, vol. 11 (2), pp.1-5 IJ, (International, Scopus, IF: 1.51)
- K. Sharma, V. Rani*, A comparative study of antioxidative and cardioprotective efficacy of raw and aged garlic extract”, International Journal of Herbal Medicine, vol. 9(3), pp. 09-17, 2021
- Neha Atale, Chandra Bhushan Mishra, Shrey Kohli, Raj Kumar Mongre, Amresh Prakash, Sweta Kumari, Umesh C. S. Yadav, Raok Jeon, Vibha Rani, “Anti-inflammatory effects of S. cumini seed extract in Gelatinase-B (MMP-9) regulation against Hyperglycemic Cardiomyocyte Stress” "Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity" 2021 (In press).
- Priyanka Mathur, Vibha Rani, “MicroRNAs: A critical regulator and a promising therapeutic and diagnostic molecule for diabetic cardiomyopathy”, Current Gene Therapy, 2021 (Accepted).
- Neha Atale, Dhananjay Yadav, Vibha Rani, Jun-O Jin, “Pathophysiology, Clinical Characteristics of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy: Therapeutic potential of Natural polyphenols”, Frontiers Nutrition, 2020, 03 December 2020|
- S. Dubey*, S. Saxena, ,S. Chauhan, P. Mathur, V. Rani*, D. Chakrabaroty, “Identification and expression analysis of conserved microRNAs during short and prolonged chromium stress in rice (Oryzasativa)” Environ SciPollut Res Int. 2020 Jan;27(1):380-390
- MeenakshiRana, Aditi Jain, Vibha Rani, Papia Chowdhury, “Glutathione capped core/shell CdSeS/ZnS quantum dots as a medical imaging tool for cancer cells; Inorganic Chemistry Communications” , 2020; 112, 2020, 107723;
- Saxena S, Mathur P, Shukla V, Rani V*. "Differential Expression of Novel MicroRNA from Developing Fetal Heart of Gallus gallus domesticus implies a Role in Cardiac Development" Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, 2019, Sep 7. doi: 10.1007/s11010-019-03618-4
- Saxena S, Gupta A, Shukla V, Rani V. Functional annotation of differentially expressed fetal cardiac microRNA targets: implication for microRNA-based cardiovascular therapeutics. 3 Biotech. 2018 Dec 1;8(12):49
- Jain A, Rani V. Assessment of herb-drug synergy to combat doxorubicin induced cardiotoxicity. Life sciences. 2018 15;205:97-106.
- Jain A, Rani V. Curcumin-mediated effects on anti-diabetic drug-induced cardiotoxicity. 3 Biotech. 2018 1;8(9):399.
- Dubey S, Gupta A, Khare A, Jain G, Bose S, Rani V. Long-and short-term protective responses of rice seedling to combat Cr (VI) toxicity. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2018 Oct 25:1-0.
- Dubey S, Shri M, Gupta A, Rani V, Chakrabarty D. “Toxicity and detoxification of heavy metals during plant growth and metabolism, Environmental Chemistry Letter, 2018 Dec, Volume 16, Issue 4, pp 1169–1192.
- Chhabra A, Rani V. “Gel-Based Gelatin Zymography to Examine Matrix Metalloproteinase Activity in Cell Culture”. Methods Mol Biol. 2018; 1731:83-96. Doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-7595-2_9.
- Jain A, Rani V. “Anti-hypotensive Drug Induced Cardiotoxicity: An in vitro Study.” In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology – Animal, 2018 Feb;54(2):92-98.
- Jain A, Rani V. “Mode of treatment governs curcumin response on doxorubicin-induced toxicity in cardiomyoblasts.”Mol Cell Biochem. 2017 Sep 19. Doi: 10.1007/s11010-017-3195-6.
- S. Saxena, A. Jain, V Rani.“MicroRNAs mediated MMP regulation: Current diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for metabolic syndrome.” Current Gene Therapy, 2017 Jul 7. Doi: 10.2174/1566523217666170707100026.
- Chhabra A, Rani V. “Cell In Situ Zymography: Imaging Enzyme-Substrate Interactions.” Methods Mol Biol, 2017, 1626:133-143. Doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-7111-4_12.
- Wahi T, Dargan S, Jaitly S, Rani V. “miRNA Regulation Of Telomerase: A novel Therapeutic Approach for Cancer.” Open Journal of Proteomics, 2017, Jan.
- Manghani C, Gupta A, Tripathi V, Rani V. “Cardioprotective potential of Curcumin against norepinephrine induced cell death: A microscopic study”. J of Microscopy, 2016, Oct 25.
- Atale N, Saxena S, Nirmala JG, Narendhirakannan RT, Mohanty S, Rani V. “Synthesis and Characterization of Sygyzium cumini Nanoparticles for Its Protective Potential in High Glucose-Induced Cardiac Stress: a Green Approach.”Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2017 Mar;181(3):1140-1154.
- Rani V, Deep G, Singh RK, Palle K, Yadav UC. “Oxidative stress and metabolic disorders: Pathogenesis and therapeutic strategies”. Life Sci. 2016 Feb 3. pii: S0024-3205(16)30052-2. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2016.02.002.
- Neha Atale, Vibha Rani. “Syzygium cumini: An Effective Cardioprotective via its Antiglycoxidation Potential”. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 37(1), March – April 2016; Article No. 09, Pages: 42-51
- Mishra S, Yadav T, Rani V. “Exploring miRNA based approaches in cancer diagnostics and therapeutics”. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2015 Oct 8. pii: S1040-8428(15)30052-4.
- Rustagi Y, Jaiswal HK, Rawal K, Kundu GC, Rani V. Characterization and comparative analysis of cardiac specific microRNAs: Fetal heart regulators for Future". PLoS One 2015 Oct 14;10(10):e0139359.
- Jain, N. Atale, S. Kohli, S. Bhattacharya, M. Sharma, V. Rani. “An assessment of norepinephrine mediated hypertrophy to apoptosis transition in cardiac cells: a signal for cell death”, ChemBiol Interact, vol. 225, issue 1, pp. 54-62, Jan 2015.
- T. Yadav, S. Mishra, S. Das, S. Aggarwal, V. Rani “Anticedants and natural prevention of environmental toxicants induced accelerated aging of skin”. Environ ToxicolPharmacol, vol. 39, issue 1, pp. 384-391, Jan 2015.
- N. Atale, S. Gupta, U. C. S. Yadav, V. Rani. “Cell-death assessment by Fluorescent and Non fluorescent cytosolic and nuclear staining techniques”,J microscopy, vol. 255, issue 1, pp. 7-19, July 2014.
- N. Atale, K. Gupta, V. Rani. “Protective effect of Syzygium cumini against pesticide-induced cardiotoxicity”, Environ Sci Pollut Res. DOI 10.1007/s11356-014-2684-3, 2014.
- N. Atale, V. Rani. "GC-MS analysis of bioactive components in the ethanolic and methanolic extract of Syzygium cumini", Inter J Pharma Bio Sci, vol. 4, issue 4, pp. P296-P304, 2013
- Y. Rustagi, V. Rani. “Screening of MicroRNA as potential CardiomiRs in Rattus noveregicus Heart related Dataset”, Bioinformation, vol. 9, issue 18, pp.919–922, 2013.
- S. Kohli, A. Chhabra, A. Jaiswal, Y. Rustagi, M. Sharma, V. Rani. “Curcumin Suppresses Gelatinase B Mediated Norepinephrine Induced Stress in H9c2 Cardiomyocytes”. PLoS One. vol. 8(10):e765192013 Oct 2013.
- N. Roy, A. Gaur, A. Jain, S. Bhattacharya, V. Rani. “Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles: An approach to overcome toxicity”. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. vol. 36(3) pp. 807-812, Jul 2013.
- Jain, C. Manghani, S. Kohli, D. Nigam, V. Rani. “Tea and human health: The dark shadows.” Toxicol Lett. vol 220(1). pp. 82-87, Jun 2013.
- N. Atale, M. Chakraborty, S. Mohanty, S. Bhattacharya, D. Nigam, M. Sharma, V. Rani.” Cardioprotective Role of Syzygium cumini Against Glucose-Induced Oxidative Stress in H9C2 Cardiac Myocytes.”Cardiovasc Toxicol. vol 13(3) pp. 278-289, Sep 2013.
- S. Arora, R. Rana, A. Chhabra, A. Jaiswal, V. Rani. “miRNA-transcription factor interactions: a combinatorial regulation of gene expression.” Mol Genet Genomics. vol. 288(3-4) pp. 77-87, 2013.
- D. Nigam, V. Rani. “Therapeutic efficacy of turmeric on 6-OHDA induced neurodegeneration in albino rats.” International Journal of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Science”, vol. 3 pp. 27-38, 2013.
- Chhabra, A. Jaiswal, U. Malhotra, S. Kohli, V. Rani. “Cell in situ Zymography: An in vitro cytotechnology for localization of enzyme activity in cell culture.” In vitro Cellular and DevelopmentalBiology- Animal. vol. 48(8) pp. 463-468, Sep 2012.
- M. Nassa, P. Anand, A. Jain, A. Chhabra, A. Jaiswal, U. Malhotra, V. Rani. “Analysis of human collagen sequences.”Bioinformation, vol. 8, pp. 26-33, Jan. 2012.
- Dey, S. Thukral, S. Krishnan, M. Chakrobarty, S. Gupta, C. Manghani, V. Rani. “DNA-protein interactions: methods for detection and analysis.” Molecular Cell Biochemistry, vol. 365, pp. 279-299, June. 2012.
- D. Nigam, V. Rani, K. Singh. “Protective role of turmeric in manganes-induced oxidative alterations in rat brain.” Journal of Pure and Applied Science and Technology, vol. 2, pp. 6-12, July. 2012.
- N. Atale, A. Jaiswal, A. Chhabra, U. Malhotra, S. Kohli, S. Mohanty, V. Rani. “Phytochemical and antioxidant screening of Syzygium cumini Seed Extracts: A comparative study.” Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol. 4, pp. 4530-4532, Dec. 2011.
- S. Kohli, S. Ahuja, V. Rani. “Transcription factors in heart: promising therapeutic targets in cardiac hypertrophy.” Current Cardiology Review, vol. 7, pp. 262-271, Nov. 2011.
- S. Ahuja, S. Kohli, S. Krishnan, D. Dogra, D. Sharma, V. Rani. “Curcumin: a potential therapeutic polyphenol, prevents noradrenaline-induced hypertrophy in rat cardiac myocytes.” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 63, pp. 1604-1612, Dec. 2011.
- M. Chakraborty, S. Jain, V. Rani. “Nanotechnology: emerging tool for diagnostics and therapeutics.” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, vol. 165, pp. 1178-1187, Nov. 2011.
- D Dogra, S Ahuja, S. Krishnan, S. Kohli, A. Ramtake, N. Atale, V. Rani. “Phytochemical screening and antioxidative activity of aqueous extract of Indian Camellia sinensis.” Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol. 4, June. 2011.
- S. Krishnan, S. Kohli, V. Rani. “Micro RNAs: Tiny Sequences with Enormous Potential.” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communication, vol. 407, pp. 445-449. April. 2011
- V. Rani, Pavni. K, Esha. B, Neha. J, Tushar. A, S. Kohli, S. Ahuja, S. Agrahari, N. Wadhwa, “Phytochemical screening of developing garlic and effect of its aqueous extracts on viability of cardiac cell line: A comparative study.” Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol. 4, pp. 902-904, March. 2011.
- Jaiswal, A. Chhabra, U. Malhotra, S. Kohli, V. Rani, “Comparative Analysis of Human Matrix Metalloproteinases: Emerging Therapeutic Targets in Diseases.” Bioinformation, vol. 6, pp. 23-30, March. 2011.
- Chhabra, A. Jaiswal, U. Malhotra, V. Rani. “Effect of Curcumin on Matrix Metalloproteinases Screened in Norepinephrine Induced Cardiac Hypertrophy.” Journal of Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics, vol. 4, pp. 1-10, Nov. 2011.
- S. Ahuja, S. Kohli, D. Dogra, S. Krishnan, V. Rani. “Air pollutants: The key stages in the pathway towards the development of cardiovascular disorders.” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 31, pp. 1-9, Jan. 2011.
- R. Gupta, N. Soni, P. Patnaik, I. Sood, R. Singh, K. Rawal, V. Rani. “High AU content: a signature of upregulated miRNA in cardiac diseases.” Bioinformation, vol. 5, pp. 132-135, Sept. 2010.
- V. Rani, S. K. Goswami. “Isolation and characterization of developmentally regulated novel target site from embryonic chick heart.” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 9, pp. 3699-3713, June, 2010.
- N. Srivastava, V. Rani. “The genetic blue print of heart development.” Research Journal of Biotechnology,vol. 4, pp. 68–71, Aug. 2009.
- Mishra, S. Agarwal, C. K. Jain, V. Rani. “High GC content: Critical parameter for predicting stress regulated miRNAs in Arabidopsis thaliana.” Bioinformation, vol. 4, pp.151-154, Oct. 2009.
- S. Kohli, S. Ahuja, N. Mohan, V. Rani. “RNA interference: Emerging diagnostics and therapeutics tool.” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communication, vol. 386, pp. 273–277, Aug. 2009.
- V. Rani. “Computational methods to dissect cis-regulatory transcriptional network.” Journal of Biosciences, vol. 32, pp. 1325-1329, Dec. 2007.
- V. Rani. “Isolation and Characterization of novel cDNA isolated from chick embryonic heart”, Flora and Fauna, vol. 6, pp. 60-65, 2005.
- K. V. Sindhu, V. Rani, M. K. Gupta, D. Chowdhuri, S. K. Goswami. “Isolation of a library of target-sites for sequence specific DNA binding proteins from chick embryonic heart: a potential tool for identifying novel transcriptional regulators involved in embryonic heart.” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communication, vol. 323, pp. 912-919, Oct. 2004.
ELS - WILEY ONLINE LIBRARY ARTICLES
- S. Mishra, T. Yadava, A. Rani, V. (2015) MicroRNAs in cardiovascular development and diseases In: eLS. John Wiley & Sons Ltd,
ABSTRACTS IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- S Saxena, P Mathur, S Yadav, S. Singh, V Rani* “Non-coding regulatory RNAs from embryonic heart regulates extra cellular matrix remodeling during pathological cardiac hypertrophy” The British Society for Cardiovascular Research (BSCR) Autumn Meeting - 9th-10th September 2019 - Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge, UK.
- Aditi Jain, Vibha Rani “Natural polyphenol based Cardio-oncological therapeutics in drug induced cardiotoxicity;” in the 6th International Conference on Nutrition & Growth (N&G 2019) held from March 7-9, 2019 in Valencia, Spain.
- Vibha Rani, Fetal MicroRNAs As Next Generation Targets For Future Cardiovascular Therapeutics Role of Non-Coding RNAs, (Human & Plant) Symposium, 2018, 3rd August, 2018, Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Amity Institute of Integrative Sciences & Health (Chair and speaker)
- Sharad Saxena, Vibha Rani. “Identification and functional characterization of novel microRNA candidates in chicken fetal heart” in 10th Indian Section Meeting of International Academy of Cardiovascular Science (IACS) held in Madurai, India from 8th to 10th February, 2018.
- Aditi Jain, Vibha Rani. “Curcumin as natural cardio-protectant against anti-hypotensive drug induced stress” in 10th Indian Section Meeting of International Academy of Cardiovascular Science (IACS) held in Madurai, India from 8th to 10th February, 2018.
- Aditi Jain, Vibha Rani. “Cardio-Protective Effect of Natural Polyphenols against Drug Induced Toxicity”. Abstract Book page number: 55 Presented a poster in 4th European Section meeting of International Academy of Cardiovascular Science (IACS ES 2017) held in Pecs, Hungary from 28th to 30th September 2017
- N. Atale, V. Rani, Protective effect of Syzygium cumini methanol seed extract in high glucose induced cardiomyocytes by MMP-9 regulation, 6th International congress on lipid Metabolism & Atherosclerosis (ICoLA 2017) on September 8-9, 2017 at Conrad Seoul, Korea.
- Aditi Jain, Sharad Saxena, Vibha Rani. “Cardio-Protective Effect of Natural Polyphenols Against Drug Induced Toxicity”. Abstract Book page number: 45. Poster Presentation in Cardiovascular Research Convergence 2017 at THSTI, Faridabad on 12th August, 2017
- Sharad Saxena, Aditi Jain, Vibha Rani. “Natural compounds inhibits MMP activity in stress induced cardiac myocytes”. Abstract Book page number: 59. Poster Presentation in Cardiovascular Research Convergence 2017 at THSTI, Faridabad on 12th August 2017
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. “Profiling and characterization of CardioMirs from developing stages of chick heart by using Next Generation Sequencing approaches”. International Conference entitled “The complex Life of mRNA” at European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg, Germany. October 5 -8, 2016.
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani.“Approaches to explore NGS Data; Focus on microRNAs" 2017. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7 (1), pp. 100
- Sharad Saxena, V K Saxena, Simmi Tomar, Vibha Rani. “Insight into the gut microbiome of indian indigenous chicken”. 2017. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7 (1), pp.81.
- Gauransh Jain, Aditi Khare, Sonali Dubey, Vibha Rani. “Investigation of Cr(VI) induced oxidative stress in Oryza sativa.” 2017. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7 (1),pp.82.
- Aditi Khare, Gauransh Jain, Sonali Dubey, Vibha Rani. “Plant defense responses for combating heavy metal stress”. 2017. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7 (1), pp. 83
- SonaliDubey, Vibha Rani, Debasis Chakrabarty “Genome-wide modulation in Transcriptome of rice root during heavy metal toxicity”. 2017. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7 (1), pp.94.
- Anubhuti Gupta, Vibha Rani “Cloning Of Phosphate Starvation Response 1gene (AtPHR1) in Garden Plants: Focus on Phytoremediation of Inorganic Phosphate” 2017. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7 (1).
- Sagarika Bose, PC Chahuan, Vibha Rani, S. Dixit, A. Yadav “Oxidative stress and genotoxic of ethanolic extract of Azadirachtaindica on Thp-1 cell line” 2017. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7 (1), pp.56.
- Asmita Arora, Kajal Kiran, Misthi Verma, and Vibha Rani, “Emerging detection techniques in Breast Cancer using Quantum Dots” 2017. Indo Global Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7 (1) ,pp.82.
- Gauransh Jain, Aditi Khare, Sharad Saxena, Shweta Dang, Vibha Rani, “Advances in migraine therapeutics: Nanoparticles based targeted drug delivery approach for enhanced Sumatriptan action” poster presented at Nanobioteck-2016 - 1st Annual Meeting of Indian Society of Nanomedicine, Nov 24th -26th , 2016.
- Aditi Khare, Gauransh Jain, Sharad Saxena, Neha Atale, Vibha Rani. “Plants defense responses for combating heavy metal stress” poster presented at Nanobioteck-2016 - 1st Annual Meeting of Indian Society of Nanomedicine, Nov 24th -26th, 2016.
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. “microRNAs; the critical Regulators in Heart Development & Diseases”. Presented oral talk at the Biogenesis IV-Emerging Technology in Medical Biotechnology and Health Care, IILM Academy of Higher Learning, Greater Noida, India. July 29-30, 2015. (Won First Prize)
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. “Deep Sequencing and Characterization of Screened microRNAs from Developing Chick Heart” Presented poster at 12th Annual Conference of International Society for Heart Research, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India, March 14-15, 2015.
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. “MicroRNAs profiling and Identification of their Targets from developed Heart through High Throughput Sequencing” Presented poster at Next Gen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies (NGBT) Conference, organized by NIMHANS, IOB & SGRF at NIMHANS Convention centre, Bangalore (Karnataka). Nov 17-19, 2014.
- NCBI/ GEO SUBMISSIONS: MIRORNAPROFILING DATASET FROM CHICK HEART LIBRARIES
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. (2015), CHL1 NextGen sequencing profiles have been published and the data have been deposited in NCBI-GEO, Accession No. GSE69663, SRA-ID: GSM1705503 Gallus gallus_CHL1_JIIT4DS1_HH24. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE69663).
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. (2015), CHL 2 NextGen sequencing profiles have been published and the data have been deposited in NCBI-GEO, Accession No. GSE69663, SRA-ID: GSM1705504 Gallus gallus_CHL2_JIIT4DS1_HH29. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE69663).
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. (2015), CHL 3 NextGen sequencing profiles have been published and the data have been deposited in NCBI-GEO, Accession No. GSE69663, SRA-ID: GSM1705505 Gallus gallus_CHL3_JIIT4DS1_HH34. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE69663).
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. (2015), CHL 4 NextGen sequencing profiles have been published and the data have been deposited in NCBI-GEO, Accession No. GSE69663, SRA-ID: GSM1705506 Gallus gallus_CHL4_JIIT4DS1_HH36. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE69663).
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. (2015), CHL 5 NextGen sequencing profiles have been published and the data have been deposited in NCBI-GEO, Accession No. GSE69663, SRA-ID: GSM1705507 Gallus gallus_CHL5_JIIT4DS1_HH38. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE69663).
- Yashika Rustagi, Vibha Rani. (2015), CHL 6 NextGen sequencing profiles have been published and the data have been deposited in NCBI-GEO, Accession No. GSE69663, SRA-ID: GSM1705508 Gallus gallus_CHL6_JIIT4DS1_HH40. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE69663).
GENE BANK SUBMISSIONS
- V. Rani.Cardiac 1: 72 hours embryonic chick cardiac cDNA Expression library, EST sequenceMarch 17, 2010; Genbank Accession No. GW691607
- V. Rani, D. Gupta, A. Gupta. Cardiac 2: 72 hours embryonic chick cardiac cDNA Expression library, EST sequence, May 3, 2010; Genbank Accession No. GW868518
- V. Rani,D. Gupta, A. Gupta. Cardiac 3: 72 hours embryonic chick cardiac cDNA Expression library, EST sequence, May 11, 2010, Genbank Accession No. GW883522
- Vibha Rani*, microRNAs as critical regulators in Heart development and diseases Understanding Cancer: From Basics to Therapeutics Paperback, BuddhiPrakash, Springer, 2022
- Priyadarshini Gupta, Vibha Rani*, Investigation of Indian herbs as ACE2 and TMPRSS2 modulator in hydroxichoroquine induced cardiotoxicity. Recent trends in Biosciences and Biotechnology ISBN: 978-81-953535-8-3
- Vibha Rani*, Gauransh Jain, BhavyaBhardwaj, “Medical Devices: Advancements and Regulations”, Pages 226-238, Chapter 15 in book “Advances in Biotechnology and Life Sciences” Editor: Prof. PammiGauba, Shalini Mani, SudhaSrivastava.
- Vibha Rani*, Anubhuti Gupta, Megha, SakshiAwasthi, Tanya Suneja, MohiniYadav, and ShanyaVerma Antidiabetic Activity of Indian Medicinal Plants Chapter 11 in SaikatSen • Raja Chakraborty. Editors. Herbal Medicine in India. Indigenous Knowledge ... Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020.
- NehaAtale and Vibha Rani, “Angiogenesis: A Therapeutic Target for Cancer, Chapter 9 , Drug Targets in Cellular Processes of Cancer: From Nonclinical to Preclinical Models | Hardeep Singh Tuli | Springer, Springer, Singapore, Oct 2020 Pages 165-183
- Vibha Rani*, Aruj Vats, AditiChoudhary, BhavyaBharadwaj, ShivaniKandpal“Heavy Metal Toxicity: Mechanism and Regulation” in book Cellular and molecular phytotoxicity of heavy metals, Book: Cellular and Molecular Phytotoxicity of Heavy MetalsEditors: Faisal, M., Saquib, Q., Alatar, A.A., Al-Khedhairy, A.A. (Eds.), Springer Science Singapore, , OCT 2020
- Jain A, Sharad S, Rani V. Comprehensive Assessment of Curcumin as a Functional Food. 2018. Springer. Functional food and Human Health., Vibha Rani, Umesh CS Yadav (eds).
- Arora A, Ruba PH, Jain A, Vibha Rani. Composition of functional food in world diet. 2018. Springer. Functional food and Human Health., Vibha Rani, Umesh CS Yadav (eds).
- Aditi Khare, Gauransh Jain, Vibha Rani, Extraction of plant-based molecules with medicinal properties, 2018.. Springer. Functional food and Human Health., Vibha Rani, Umesh CS Yadav (eds).
- Saxena, S., Rustagi, Y., Jain, A., Dubey, S. and Rani, V, microRNAs-Mediated MMPs Regulation: Novel Mechanism for Cardiovascular Diseases. In Proteases in Human Diseases (pp. 497-513). June 2017 Springer, Singapore.
- Jain A and Rani V. Exploring the Nutrition and Health Benefits of Functional Foods. IGI Global, 2016. Food and Cardiac Health., Hossain Uddin Shekhar, Zakir Hossain Howlader, Yearulkabir (eds.).
- Rustagi, Y., Jain, A., Saxena, S. and Rani, V., Natural Polyphenols as Prospective Inhibitors for MMPs. Remodeling in Human Diseases. In Proteases in Human Diseases (pp. 263-283). June 2017.Springer, Singapore.
- Avani Ahuja, Neha Singh, Prashant Gupta, Shivani Mishra, Vibha Rani. “ Influence of Exogenous Factors on Skin Aging”, Book: Textbook of Aging Skin, Chapter 1, pp. 1- 15, February 2016.Springer publication
- Vibha Rani, “Skin aging, reactive oxygen species and its prevention”, Book: Oxygen Species in Biology and Human Health, chapter 33 pp. 441-449, June 2016. CRC Press
- V Rani, S Asthana, M Vadhera, UCS Yadav, N Atale, Tools and Techniques to Measure Oxidative Stress, Book: Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease, 43-56, 2015, Springer publication
- V Rani, A Jain, Oxidative Stress and Its Biomarkers in Cardiovascular Diseases: An Overview, Book: Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease, 131-141, 2015, Springer publication
- SS Vundru, N Prasad, R Patel, V Rani, UCS Yadav, Gene–Environment Interaction in Oxidative Stress-Induced Pathologies, Book: Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease, 75-90, 2015, Springer publication
- V Rani,K Gupta, ROS in Carcinogenesis and Anticancerous Drug-Induced Toxicity, Book: Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease, 209-225, 2015, Springer publication
- V Rani, S Mishra, T Yadav, UCS Yadav, S Kohli, Hydrogen Peroxide Sensing and Signaling, Book: Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease, 105-116, 2015, Springer publication
- N Dholia, P Ramteke, JF Varghese, V Rani, UCS Yadav, Oxidative Stress-Induced Molecular and Genetic Mechanisms in Human Health and Diseases, Book: Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease, 91-103, 2015, Springer publication
- A Chhabra, S Kohli, V Rani, “MMPs in Cardiovascular Diseases: Emerging Pharmacological Targets”. Book: Role of Proteases in Cellular Dysfunction, 407-426, 2014, Springer publication
- Kushagr P, Shuchi A, Vibha R. “Metagenomics: A new tool to explore the uncultured microbes in their natural habitats” in Recent Advances in Environmental Biotechnology, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany. 2011, Springer publication
- Vibha Rani, Mainak Chakraborty, Srushi Jain, “Nanobiotechnology: a promising approach for the pathogenic sensing” Recent Advances in Environmental Biotechnology, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany. 2011, Springer publication
BOOKS & JOURNALS
- Functional Foods in human health (2018) Vibha Rani & Umesh Chand Singh (Eds.), Springer publication. ISBN 978-981-13-1123-9.
- Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease (2015) Vibha Rani & Umesh Chand Singh (Eds.), Springer publication, ISBN 978-81-322-2035-0.
- Journal “Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity” special issue: “Oxidative Stress in Metabolic Disorders: Pathogenesis, Prevention, and Therapeutics”. Guest Editors: UmeshYadav, Vibha Rani, Gagan Deep, Rakesh K. Singh, and KomaraiahPalle
As principle investigator
Study to explore Cross Kingdom Regulation of Anticancerous Indian Herbs derived XenomiRs in Lung cancer: Basic research for Future herbal oncotherapeutics ICMR, Value: 45 Lakh (2022- 2025) Advanced natural product laboratory DST-FIST 60 Lakh (2022-2027)
Investigating microRNAs as the Next Generation Therapeutic Targets in Diabetic Cardiomyopathy. DST, Grant Value: Rs. 40 Lakhs, (2018-2020)
- Effect of curcumin on Cardiac hypertrophy. Grant value: Rs. 29.89 Lakh, (2012-2016).
- Stage specific microRNA profiling from developing chick heart. Grant value: Rs. 41.652, Lakh, (2012-2016).
- Cardio-protective properties of Curcumin: Molecular Interaction of Cardiac Transcription Factors. Grant value: Rs. 19.9 Lakh, (2009-2012).
- Investigation of Indian Herbs as ACE-2 & TMPRSS2 modulator in Hydroxychloroquine Induced Cardiotoxicity DST-INSPIRE,5 Years Rs. 25 Lakh
- Ayurvedic herbal formulations in modulating gut microbiota associatedwith diabetes induced cardiac complications, DST, Rs. 25 Lakh, (2019-2024).
- Natural products in drug induced cardiotoxicity, CSIR, Rs. 25 Lakh, (2019-2024).
- Investigating microRNAs and Matrix metalloproteinases as therapeutic target in glucose induced cardiac stress, CSIR, GOI, Rs. 7.2 Lakh, (2018- 2020).
- Cardioprotective Effects Of Curcumin Against Drug Induced Toxicity, CSIR, GOI Rs.7.2 Lakh, (2018- 2020).
- Differential expression pattern of miRNAs in rice root during Cr(VI) stress. DST: Grant value: Rs. 33 Lakh, Scientist: Sonali Dubey, (2015-2018).
Principle Investigator; Filing of Patent titled “Poly Ribonucleotide Sequence [(Tag)7 C2] As Type Iv Collagenase Natural Inhibitor” Jaypee Institute of Information Technology; Patent Application No.: 202011020344 dated 14.05.2020.
Filing of Patent titled “Polynucleotide Novel Molecule in Cardiovascular Therapeutics”; Indian Patent Application No. 202111005772 dated 10th February, 2021.
“Poly Ribonucleotide Sequence [(Tag)7 C2] As Type Iv Collagenase Natural Inhibitor” Patent Application No.: 202011020344 dated 14.05.2020
- South Asian Education Award, Excellence in Research, 2020
- 6th Academic Brilliance Young Scientist Award, 2018
- S.C Tyagi Young Scientist Award, 2017
- 5th Academic Brilliance Young Scientist Award, 2017
- A.R. RAO Memorial Young Scientist Award, 2016
- Open Journal of Proteomics, an International Journal
- Cardiovascular & Hematological Agents in Medicinal Chemistry
- International Journal of Nutritional Sciences
- Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
- Open Journal of Proteomics, an International Journal International Journal of Nutritional Sciences Molecular and cellular Biochemistry
- 3 Biotech, Springer
ADHOC REVIEWER (JOURNAL)
- BBA - Molecular Basis of Disease
- Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Food and Function
- Biomed International
- Epigenomic/ Future Medicine Journal
- Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
- Plos One
- Pharmaceutical Biology
- Pharmaceutical Science
- BMC Journal
- Current Cardiological Reviews
- Academic Journals
- Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology
- Neuroscience letters
- Molecular and cellular biochemistry
- Life Member, International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences (India Section)
- Member of European Federation of Biotechnology
- Member of British Science Association
- Life Member, Indian Science Congress Association
- Life member, Society of Biological Chemist of India
- DRC committee member at DIPAS, DRDO.
- Research advisory committee member, Cancer hospital and research institute, Gwalior, MP
- Study material Writer, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Board of studies member, University of Kota, Raj
PH.D STUDENTS (COMPLETED): (4)
PH.D STUDENTS (ONGOING): (6)