Indian Student Visas are granted to individuals who wish to come to India and study at a recognized educational institution. They may apply for the same after receiving an offer letter from any of the Study in India partner institutes. Indian Missions/Embassies under the Government of India will grant the Indian Student Visa to foreign nationals who wish to pursue the following:
- Regular, full-time, structured courses at educational institutes duly recognised by the statutory regulatory body in India.
- Short-term courses and student exchange programmes.
Indian Missions/Embassies grant a student visa for a period of five years or for the duration of the course of study, whichever is less, to the below:
- To foreigner students coming to India to pursue regular and full-time academic studies in India.
- For foreigner students coming for industrial training, summer projects, and internships.
- Provisional student visa valid for six months for the students exploring admission or taking admission tests.
- Applicants should possess proof of admission to a full-time regular academic course in a reputed/recognized educational institution in India and evidence of financial support.
- The applicant should also possess a "No Objection Certificate" from the Ministry of Health in case of admission in a medical or Paramedical course.
- Spouse and dependent family members accompanying the applicant must apply for an Entry Visa (Not Tourist Visa). The termination date of the Entry Visa will coincide with the period of the principal visa holder.
VALIDITY AND ENTRY POINTS
Student visas are issued for up to five years, depending on the duration of the course. They can also be extended in India. Further, the passengers having valid Student visas can enter India from any desired port of immigration check post (Airport, Seaport).
STUDENT VISA FEE
The fees for a student visa are different for all the countries. Generally, the amount ranges from $14 to $118 but the students are advised to check the fees by contacting the Indian mission/embassy in their home country.
- Passport with 6-month validity
- Passport size photographs
- Photocopy of passport
- Proof of residential address
- A printed copy of the online (filled) form
- Formal admission letter
- Details of the University
- Bank Statement
Disclaimer: However, the requirement of documents for student visas may differ across countries. You are required to confirm the same from your nearest Indian embassy.
HOW TO APPLY FOR VISA
The visitors are required to fill an online visa Application by visiting the website http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ and visit their nearest embassy with a printout of the online filled application and required travel documents.