Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established 'MHRD's Innovation Cell (MIC)' to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform their ideas into prototypes while they are in their formative years.
MIC encourages Higher Educational Institutions to create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem, Start-up supporting mechanism and prepare Institutions for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noidais an active member of MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC). The institute has active Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) to create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem,start-up supporting mechanism, and to develop better cognitive ability for technology students. JIIT Noida has achieved Five Star Rating in Northern Regional Office of AICTE in IIC 2.0.
The Institution Innovation Council of Jaypee Institute of Information Technology Noida brings together innovation leaders from various sectors of industries. The goal of IIC - JIIT Noida is to streamline and strengthen the innovation and start-up ecosystem so that students can develop the skill set which enables critical thinking, design thinking, innovative thought process and entrepreneurial mindset. IIC is faculty-expert-student council with representatives from industry and financial institutions to provide guidance and directional support to students of the institute.
IIC has an approach of ‘3C’ principle i.e. Convergence-Collaboration-Connect so that students of the institute are benefitted by round the year activities of IIC to become a successful entrepreneur.
Functions of IICs
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
Link of Activity Photographs:
Website Link: https://mic.gov.in/innovation-council/iic
There’s something for everyone here. All you need is discover your forte, fall in love and show your commitment to any of the following .